+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default What job could you never do? *fluff*

What is an every day job that you could just not do? Something that you really couldn't imagine being, for whatever reason?

I would rather walk over broken glass than be a chef. Ugh I think it would be such an awful job. I *really* appreciate chefs, but I could never be one.

I also couldn't be a doctor, school teacher or in the defence force. Once again, I appreciate all of the above!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Could never work in an abattoir or be a butcher.

Buttoneska is offline Winner 2010- Most Community Minded Thread Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nurse/dr/medical - I really appreciate them too, but I am so bad with sick ppl. I couldn't handle it. It would just be horrible every second of it for me and my patients.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I dont think an office job or check out chick etc would suit me as i talk to much and would end up getting too bored!
    I also could never be a waitress who has to touch dirty dishes/ other peoples left overs!

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by bada View Post
    Could never work in an abattoir or be a butcher.
    Ahhh yes, I could never do that either.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Same as bada couldn't do slautering. I couldnt work in age care, or platative care.

Ana Gram is offline 2008 WINNER - straight shooter award
    Winner 2008 & 2009 - Community Minded thread
    Winner 2009 - Mod Award - most passionate member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Anything involving death, blood or bodily functions, so that's abattoir, butcher, medicine, active duty in the defence force etc.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Ana Gram For This Useful Post:

HarvestMoon  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Debt Collector / Repossession Agent - because then you are metaphoricly kicking people when they are down. Previously I would've said it would be okay to be a business debt collector, just not a personal debt collector because you are not destroying an individual. However, I have come to realise that a business debt collector could be so much worse because you could effectively be making several people jobless in one blow.

I remember chatting to someone just after the floods in Brisbane (Jan 2011) that had been sent up to Brisbane from Melbourne by his work due to the floods. So I asked him what line of work he was in, expecting him to say something like construction. He completely shocked me by saying he was a debt collecter for industrial equipment. Since leased equipment was destroyed in the flood, he was visiting the businesses effected and demanding they pay in full since they no longer had the equipment as security.

I was flabbergasted. At a time where people were pulling together to help so many adversely effected, he (his employers) were simply following procedure without compassion.
    Last edited by sweetseven; 26-02-2012 at 22:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummyrissa View Post
    Im a teacher - i dont think an office job or check out chick etc would suit me as i talk to much and would end up getting too bored!
    I also could never be a waitress who has to touch dirty dishes/ other peoples left overs!

Sent from my LG-P920 using BubHub
    I think teachers are pretty amazing and unfortunately underpayed and often undervalued.

It's just not a profession I would enjoy...I just don't have any inclination to teach people. Or patience

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anything to do with the killing/cutting up/cooking of animals.

Sex work.