+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Missed period, negative home pregnancy test.

Hi, I am wondering if I could be pregnant, I check my C.M and on the 4th -5th I had EWCM, so I thought hey I am ovulating.

That week I started a new job which I hated Very stressed and upset and was there for three weeks, till now, when I have changed departments.

My period was due last week Saturday till Tuesday it was expected but no period, no period symptoms either.

But I do have a stuffy nose, with no other symptoms of being sick, jalipinos cravings, I have been eating pickled jalipinos straight from the jar, in salads, toasted cheese sandwiches, sprinkled on quiche and I stopped myself short of making two minute noodles and mixing them in there, but I ate a whole jar in a week. I have also some nights not been able to eat dinner, so I will have crumpets and honey or chocolate custard as I only feel like something sweet instead. I thought this was stress related till one of my work colleagues asked if I was pregnant.

I am quite wet with thick white C.M it's like hand lotion or liquid soap about the same amount as when I am ovulating.

I am also feeling quite tired and my brain has felt like fudge where any new idea or task needs to be hammered into my brain for it to stay there. I thought this was stress too, till I missed my period.

Then I thought wow I must be pregnant, took a home pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative, last night lower back pain started, like how I would normally have when I get my period. Normally I have extremely sore breasts the week before my period now only slightly tender nipples.

Anyhoo. These are all my symptoms, stress, wishful thinking/freaking out or pregnancy???

Also with stress delayed menses, I thought that ment you did not ovulate, but my C.M suggested I ovulated at the exact right date...how then would my menses be postponed through stress, when I believe my ovulation was normal?

Actually I think I might make the two minute noodles now, with cheese and jalipinos for breakfast, because no one is here to judge me.
    Last edited by Sweetpez; 26-02-2012 at 10:16. Reason: Typo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Get a blood test! I did a hpt and it was negative a week after my af was due then a very faint positive 2weeks after af was due then had a blood test and sure enough my hcg was only 38 (its trippling now) maybe you just ovulated a bit later then normal. Blood test is prob the best bet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using BubHub

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'd test to be sure, but keep in mind that stress and unhappiness can keep af away as well, even if it's never happened before. I had af stay away for 3 weeks once because of stress and it's never happened before or since!
    *chuckle*.

Here's hoping it's actually the result you want (whether pg or not pg) but definitely get yourself tested

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sometimes it takes a while for the hcg to build up in tour system...you can keep testing or head to the doc for a blood test...that will def be more conclusive.

FC for u!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Back

It's kinda scary to think of being pregnant, but a bit exciting too, I am going to test again next week end when hormone level s shoud have built up...or i don't know what will be happening with my nody if it is stress induced.

I know that stress can post pone a period, but does it post pone ovulation too, I thought ovulation triggered the hormones for menstration, so even if you got stressed between ovulation and menstration it should not effect your period because you ovulated.

I thought that the stress would stop the ovulation therefore not triggering the hormones to start to create menstration?

Can some one clarify this for me? ...cause I really thought I ovulated, so I do not understand why I do not have my period yet ?

Thankyou

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought I ovulated last cycle. Got really excited when AF was a week late..tested but BFN...then she was 2 weeks late..still BFN...AF was a month late last cycle. Very frustrating. You dont have to ovulate to get a period. Its called an anovulatory cycle. Thats what I had last cycle. Going by CM doesnt definitely mean that you ovulated either. I would go to the doctors and get a blood test. That way you will know either way.

If theres anything Ive learnt on my TTC journey is that your body is unpredictable and nothing is 100%. If you are still getting negative HPTs then chances are that you are not pregnant. Good luck either way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I am going to look up the anovulatory cycle now, maybe I had that.
    I will take another test next week and I will let everyone know if it's positive or if I get my period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Good luck.