+ Reply to Thread
    I live in NSW, on the sunny central coast!
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default 38 weeks-Severe cramping + Diarrhea??

As stated above, for the last 3 days I have had extremely sharp and painful cramps up the sides and top of my belly. Aswell as that pain, I have a lower back ache that spreads down my thighs and over my hips. I have had diarrheah 4 times over the last 3 days..in a pretty full on fashion (TMI I know ) Despite this, I havnt totally lost my appetite like you would expect but I do have my moments of feeling like I am going to vomit. I have a few contractions every now and then..but they don't follow the "wave" pattern or have any pattern at all. I have been using heat packs and showers to help-panadol does NOTHING.

I dont think it is a bug as my DS and DP have been with my every minute of the last 3 days-we have eaten the same foods etc and they are perfectly fine.

Bub is moving like crazy and also causing alot of pain/pressure down low (on top of the rest of the pain!)

All in all, I didn't have any drugs for my 20hr labour with my DS but this pain is making me scream DRUGGGSSSS already!!

Can anyone relate?? Does this sound like pre-labour stuff or..??

TIA ladies xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would be putting my hospital bag in the car. It sounds like me the 2 days before I went into full labour with DD.

No appetite, bowels were all over the place, stabbing pains and a constant droning back ache.

Try panadiene or if you can, get to a GP and get a script for panadiene forte. So much better than panadol even just regular panadiene. That tiny bit of codiene does wonders.

Good luck hun!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    In my hospital book it states any diarrhoea for longer than 24 hours you should go to hospital for a check up

I live in NSW, on the sunny central coast!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Thankyou Tasha! Its hard with pregnancy..never know if it is BECAUSE of pregnancy or completely seperate. I have never had anything like it hence my asking on here

Angel-Thanks for the advice! The only reason I havnt sought medical attention is because I have only actually had the runs 4 times over 72 hrs. The cramping is consistent but not actually needing to go..so I didn't have any dehydratioin worries etc. But your right, if it keeps up Ill have to go. Its been horrible!

I did just have another sleep (since lasts night was a nightmare) and the pain for the first time in days seems to have eased off...maybe the calm before the storm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds to me like your body is cleansing before the Big Day
    I hope it's soon for you!!

Do let us know how you get on?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do always get loose bowels for a few days before going into labour. Hope this is it for you (if you want it to be it, that is!)