+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Oh god, how awful. I know it's probably futile but would it be worth getting the snake catcher out tomorrow to have a poke around under the house? Are your windows screened at least?

Thankfully we only get carpet pythons and the odd green tree snake here, but even those make me edgy as occasionally as I once found a python curled up in the compost bin, and now I jump everytime something rustles in there.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MsMummy For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Azurial View Post
    OMFG!!!! I just went outside on the front verandah and there was a FREAKING red belly black snake right next to my chair!!!

My champion cat was sleeping on the next chair and she must have heard it as she looked straight at it when I came out the door then jumped down next to it before I even took a step! It dropped through a crack pretty quick smart which would be great EXCEPT NOW ITS UNDER MY BLARDY HOUSE!!!!

Ah the joys of living in the bush with a DH who works away ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THE FREAKING WORLD!!!! Lucky ds is at the folks tonight!

Can anyone recommend those solar snake repeller things??? Thats the 3rd I've seen this year!!!
    Eww I hate snakes and live on a farm too! Omg they are my worst fear ...my cat killed a red belly one day but bought it into the HOUSE!! He was in the study in the middle of the room as I walked past and I'm like that's weird..went over to him and he stood up and there was this dead snake coiled up underneath him (well I keep telling myself that he killed it then bought it inside...I dont actually wanna think about him finding inside)

anywho on the solar snake things? If they are the noise high pitch thingos (gotta love my technical terms) Snakes DON'T have ears.... They only go offvibrations..So anything noise related is just a scam...kinda like those whistle things you put on your cars to deter Roo's

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I grew up on acreage and we had alot of snakes! I stepped on a brown snake once with bare feet!!!! But the worst was when we had a red bellie in our HOUSE!!! It just so happened that particular night dad was at work and we had a blackout so mum had to call a friend in to help. My sister and I were on the kitchen bench in the dark screaming while my poor mum and friend were trying to shoo it out of the house!! Haha at least I can laugh about it now. Op at least you know it dropped down and it's not inside!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    lol...live on a bush property too and get heaps of snakes. hubby is a kiwi and squeals like a girl so it is me that deals with them.

glad u didn't try to kill it though, that is how most people get bitten.

i love snakes....

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Bleughhhhh this thread is giving me the heebie jeebies!!! Between the one armed snake and the tent story...yuck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    100 Posts in a week
    I live on a farm in WA and yes I would've freaked out. REALLY REALLY. Hate snakes near my bidness.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Have you seen Nothing to lose? That would Be my reaction

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by DiamondEyes View Post
    sweetpeamummy, here's what it looks like

http://burndownblog.files.wordpress....480967c_01.jpg
    That has to be photoshopped. No way!

Thanks
    Reviews
    One of my friends love snakes, she has a few as pets. Each time she posts a photo of her snakes on facebook I immediately hide that post. If I came anywhere near a real one pretty sure i'd die Is there any local snake catcher that you can call to check around the house?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Justus4 View Post
    Eww I hate snakes and live on a farm too! Omg they are my worst fear ...my cat killed a red belly one day but bought it into the HOUSE!! He was in the study in the middle of the room as I walked past and I'm like that's weird..went over to him and he stood up and there was this dead snake coiled up underneath him (well I keep telling myself that he killed it then bought it inside...I dont actually wanna think about him finding inside)

anywho on the solar snake things? If they are the noise high pitch thingos (gotta love my technical terms) Snakes DON'T have ears.... They only go offvibrations..So anything noise related is just a scam...kinda like those whistle things you put on your cars to deter Roo's
    But sound can be felt through vibrations..