+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I've read they don't like cinnamon oil or clove oil, you could rub some around your chair

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hootenanny For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am having palpitations after reading your post Az.

I nearly died reading that, imagine the real life thing.

I saw a little skink in the soil and thought it was a snake.

Hmmmm I read somewhere that if they are around then the chance of having other snakes around is minimal. Trying to figure out what I would do if I was in your situation.

This is going to sound so girly, by I'd send my husband after it. I couldn't kill it, I just don't have the heart. Ummmmm what else, aren't there snake catchers in this crazy country?

Not saying that this country is crazy, just that it has crazy animals.

Ohhh just googled it

http://www.flickr.com/photos/davesmith/2238379974/

I've been bit three times by spiders, I have a hole in my boob thanks to a whitetail, one on my leg, and now one on my stomach. Stupid spiders.
    Last edited by fiddlesticks; 25-02-2012 at 19:50.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmyboys View Post
    I've read they don't like cinnamon oil or clove oil, you could rub some around your chair
    That image is classic, maybe rub some on yourself too!

you'd smell nice and spicy, maybe attract rats?

Witwicky is offline A closed mouth gathers no foot.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Ewww. Reminds me of my childhood, growing up in the bush. We always, always came across snakes in situations like that

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh!!! You poor thing, thankfully he wasn't too big... About 4 years ago on one of DHs and my first camping trips we had a red bellied black snake in our tent at 2am in the morning!! DH woke me up and says, 'honey, don't panic but I think there is a snake on the tent, we need to *calmly* get up and check'. Me, 'WTF!!!'

We got out of our swags throwing stuff everywhere and DH was in the middle of saying 'oh I must of dreamt it' when we saw it curled up on the floor of the tent! OMFG... My dad was sleeping in another tent and I'm like, 'should I get dad' and DH is like 'yep', LOL!

Daddy saves the day, LOL... I said to DH how did you know and he was sleeping on top of his swag only on boxers and he rolled over and felt something scaly flick up his back, then he grabbed his mag light and it was coiled around that!!!

Still freaks me out!!!

Hope, your little friend goes off and finds a new home tonight...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to babylove81 For This Useful Post:

Azurial  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would freak too. I have had found a couple of snakes in my back yard but they have all been dead- my dog maganes to kill them takes their heads completely off. I have no idea how he does this without getting bitten

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    omg I'd be crying. when there was a snake in my house last year I couldn't sleep properly for months !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babylove81 View Post
    Oh!!! You poor thing, thankfully he wasn't too big... About 4 years ago on one of DHs and my first camping trips we had a red bellied black snake in our tent at 2am in the morning!! DH woke me up and says, 'honey, don't panic but I think there is a snake on the tent, we need to *calmly* get up and check'. Me, 'WTF!!!'

We got out of our swags throwing stuff everywhere and DH was in the middle of saying 'oh I must of dreamt it' when we saw it curled up on the floor of the tent! OMFG... My dad was sleeping in another tent and I'm like, 'should I get dad' and DH is like 'yep', LOL!

Daddy saves the day, LOL... I said to DH how did you know and he was sleeping on top of his swag only on boxers and he rolled over and felt something scaly flick up his back, then he grabbed his mag light and it was coiled around that!!!

Still freaks me out!!!

Hope, your little friend goes off and finds a new home tonight...
    OMFG!! I was about to give sympathy to the OP, but this is much worse. I'm freaking out just at the thought of this. How the frock did it get in the tent??! My skin is crawling!

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Pesca77 For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post
    OMFG!! I was about to give sympathy to the OP, but this is much worse. I'm freaking out just at the thought of this. How the frock did it get in the tent??! My skin is crawling!
    Well, moral of story, keep your freaking tent zips zipped up, at the top, LOL... It was the day we arrived so moving stuff in and out and around and of course left the tent open (how stupid)! Surprisingly we went back to sleep that night, but the next day I was in tears ripping EVERYTHING out of our bags and emptying the tent! Next trip we invested in stretchers off the ground, and to this day we zip the tent up with the zips at the top, and double an triple check this!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pesca77 View Post

OI!!!!!!! but nah your right!!! Thats heaps worse!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Azurial For This Useful Post:

babylove81  (25-02-2012)