+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default preggy hormones or depression or mental issues coming back ?

Ive had depression an mild bi polar off an on for yrs , looking back falling preg an having a bub triggers it , last trigger was last yr as back in 2010 i had a bed yr on heavy drugs so spent a good 8 months last yr in an out of mental health an meds an stuff , Ive been Reasonable for months now but since late Jan Ive felt the mood swings back again to a point I'm driving my loving DF bonkers again I'm either yelling at him of stupid things or crying of silly things.
    i think its to do with high preg hormones .

i was on Valium for sleep issues but wasn't needed every nite an to take off my edge when i was wigging out , but not been on them since ttcing , gave up drinking an trying to give up smoking went from 15 or more a day to lucky to have 2 a day.
    the bi polar thing , i might not be as when i last was diagnosed i had drug phycois at time so it clouded a lot of things.
    just looking for some , You be OK or I'm the same , just feeling lost , the older 3 kids in the house an the man don't think been preg is an excuse for been more hormonal then usual an to a point I'm stressing out. just want to know I'm not alone , I know i can manage this i have to for bubs , at least till I'm off breast feeding so i got about 2 yrs to keep my sanity lol

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hey hun,
    Firstly, well done on quitting drinking and being well on your way to giving up the cigs as well
    Pregnancy absolutely can bring on anxiety and depression in people who have a history of it.
    You are definitely NOT alone, far from it. I've suffered anxiety and depression on and off my whole life. After 5 years of virtually no symptoms at all, the discovery that I was pregnant brought it all back massively, especially during the first two weeks after I found out. I'm feeling 100% better now, I guess I've adjusted now and my hormones have settled. But I still have my down days.

Can you discuss these issues with your doctor?
    There's also a section on here that deals with mental health issues, you might find that helpful as well.

Chin up matey & good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The GP im seen is a new one , not delt with her before im pretty clamed up when its a new person its like been judged , Finally admited to df that i get like this when preg (was hoping it was just due to the x when i was with him thou)

with my others when the morning sickness/ all day sickness ends is when i usally go back to normal so another 12 weeks , My gosh i dont think my man will last

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bgirl View Post
    The GP im seen is a new one , not delt with her before im pretty clamed up when its a new person its like been judged , Finally admited to df that i get like this when preg (was hoping it was just due to the x when i was with him thou)

with my others when the morning sickness/ all day sickness ends is when i usally go back to normal so another 12 weeks , My gosh i dont think my man will last
    i know it might sound cliche, but seriously, one day at time, baby steps. When the anxiety & depression hit me again, I thought it was going to continue all through my pregnancy. But you adjust, it gets better, you know this yourself.
    It can be a dark, bleak and lonely place to be, but honestly, one day at a time
    And your man will just have to accept you, ups & downs, good and bad

If you feel uncomfortable with your new GP, can you at least ask for a referal to see a physchologist? Also, the midwives and your OB need to be informed, just so everything can be better managed throughout your pregnancy and them being aware you can get treatment if needed quicker.

Thanks
    Reviews
    i dont think DF understands at all , At times when im having a moment its like im not me but watching me , Part of me wants to settle self down the other part keeps goin on i know what im doin i just cant control it , He just thinkings its pure anger prob , But then he dont beleve in mental illnesses as such an epes dont belive been preg is a reason for my extra moodyness.
    Thinking this preggy gonna make of break it.