+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Please don't think I'm intruding but I work in the health system and medical needs (birthing) always overcome psychiatric needs. You should not be birthing on a locked psychiatric ward. When you go into labor you have the right to be moved to a labor ward and the hospital must provide (if needed) a psychiatric special to look after your mental health needs. It would not be safe to labor on a mental health inpatient unit as the facilities aren't equipped not are the staff trained to assist you. I don't want to worry you but I want you to know you have the right to be moved to a labor ward/maternity ward both for your mental and physical health and for your babies safety

2. The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Meags82 For This Useful Post:

Apple iPhart6  (26-02-2012),breakthemould  (03-03-2012),Kyls  (25-02-2012),laurea  (25-02-2012),Lucky77  (25-02-2012),MamaC  (26-02-2012),MoonGecko  (25-02-2012),SpecialPatrolGroup  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I couldn't read and not reply. I hope you manage to get some sleep tonight. It is great you are getting some help. Silly question, have you tried some relaxation tapes etc?
    Take care

Thanks
    Reviews
    huge hugs
    i've been in psych wards before, not the best place to lessen anxiety.
    i hope the meds help and they get a dose and script that is right for you.
    and even though you probably hate where you are, it is great that you did reach out for help. sleep deprivation can manifest physically as you are probably feeling.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Oh gosh how awful that would be.
    I hope you can get the help you need before baby comes along.
    I'd be also asking to birth in a maternity ward. Psych ward wouldn't be the best place.
    Lots of hugs your way!

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I get how frustrating this must feel for you, especially the nurses telling you to just lie still until you drift off to sleep; virtually impossible whilst having a panic attack! I've had them and my body just instictively wants to move, like how you described the pacing. This sounds like it has spiralled way out of control, the more you focus on sleeping & watching the clock, the worse it gets.
    Big I'm positive everything will be OK. Good on you for seeking help. good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh you poor thing! I've got a little bit of anxiety and insomnia at the moment but nothing like what you are going through! I imagine it must feel like when I was coming down off morphine after an operation and just felt like I couldn't stand another second feeling like that but on a much longer scale.

My friend's sister had something similar after a bad reaction to her anti depressants. They had given her downers which just made her even more tired but her body was rigid and she just couldn't sleep.

I tried to listen to my hypnobirthing cd the other night before bed but it just seemed to highlight how unrelaxed I really was and I had to turn it off. Listening to it a few days later during the day was much better.

I don't know what to suggest other than to keep taking deep breaths and find some nice distractions when you can. Keep talking to yourself saying words like "I am safe, I am strong, I am surrounded by love, my body and my mind feel deeply relaxed and at peace with the universe." Or whatever positive affirmations might work for you.

Xx
    Last edited by Vic35; 25-02-2012 at 18:42.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Meags82 View Post
    Please don't think I'm intruding but I work in the health system and medical needs (birthing) always overcome psychiatric needs. You should not be birthing on a locked psychiatric ward. When you go into labor you have the right to be moved to a labor ward and the hospital must provide (if needed) a psychiatric special to look after your mental health needs. It would not be safe to labor on a mental health inpatient unit as the facilities aren't equipped not are the staff trained to assist you. I don't want to worry you but I want you to know you have the right to be moved to a labor ward/maternity ward both for your mental and physical health and for your babies safety
    Thats what I was thinking if you where a voluntary admission not "locked up" then you can leave at any time

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I hope you get the help you need. After I had DS1 I suffered from 'the blues' for 6 weeks and I remember feeling anxious and unable to sleep no matter how tired I was, I was just too anxious. Must have been hormone related.
    Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sending you lots of hugs Hun, I'd sit next to you .
    You maybe have already tried this but I thought I might mention it anyhow (I haven't seen any of your other posts. Try some gentle classical or natures sound music. Maybe also contact someone who specializes in meditation. Nope I'm not a hippee lol but I had to do a meditation course for work to assist my clients who can at times have extreme anxiety and it helps me to get to sleep when I can't shut my brain off.
    I wish you all the best Hun, fingers crossed you get some sleep.

Come on hubby let's go and make baby #2 pretty please, I'm so clucky
    DSD, DS = soon to be 1

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Cluky79 For This Useful Post:

laurea  (25-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh my!!! Hugs to out to you.... X