+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Which is best? Baby Swing, Baby Rocker, Baby Bouncer???

Hello ladies!

I am having a baby in June and definitely want to get some type of contraption to put baby in while I'm in the shower, preparing dinner etc. I am wanting to get something that can be easily transported around the house, or taken to other people's houses and would help to sooth and settle baby if I'm busy doing something else.

I have been looking at baby swings (the ones that rock from side to side and back and forth), baby rockers and baby bouncers and have noticed that a lot of them vibrate and play music also.

Having so many options is making it a bit confusing! I'm wondering if the ones with all of the "bells and whistles" are worth it, or whether baby would be just as happy in one of those rockers where they literally lay in it, and rock it themselves with their own body weight? Or whether babies genuinely do like the rocking / vibrating motion or the lights and music? I know all babies are different so what one may love, another might hate! But I'm just looking for a general consensus on which one is the best option to buy.

Thanks!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    For my DS I had a swing and could take the seat off to become a rocker that that was good to take room to room if needed. For this one also due in June I brought a swing I went for cheaper option $90 being my 3rd and having to buy everything again due to moving states I didn't want to spend heaps. But if I was planning more kids I would of gone a bigger better swing I loved it for dd and DS

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We just had one of the bright starts bouncers. It played music and vibrated.
    DS loved it and it was easy to take everywhere.
    They are super cheap too so it's not a great loss if bubs doesn't like it
    When he was teething I used to just tap it with my foot to bounce it a bit and he would settle really easy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I use a Chicco Polly swing to get some hands free time with DD. She really likes it. It folds up so can easily be stored and moved. It also has an infant insert so you can start using it very early. DD loves movement and would be quite bored in one of those that she has to move herself. She has taken a nap as long as four hours in her swing.

http://www.babyvillage.com.au/playti...co_polly_swing

Thanks
    Reviews
    I bought a bright starts swing for $100 because a friend recommended getting a swing but DS didn't like it, I don't think he liked how deep it was and the fact he couldn't see outwards. I decided to get a bouncer and he loves it, he sits more upright and can see things, he also prefers a bouncing motion as opposed to swinging. It's also really good for after feeds because he's kept upright and not partially curled up. I purchased a mothers choice 'baby chino' bouncer for about $40...one of my best purchases. I think when bub comes along you will figure out what they do and do not like.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I concur with avenew - you do get a much better sense after bub arrives. DD *loves* being rocked in a rocking chair so we figured she'd like the very similar motion of a swing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely go with the bouncer! I've got all three and the bouncer is the most versatile and baby can use it for the longest. My DD only used the swing for a few months, then she hated it as it was too restricting when she was discovering fingers and toes. The bouncer can easily be moved to wherever you are in the house, I even bring it into the bathroom so I can have a nice long shower or hot bath with bub near by. I take it on picnics and when we visit Nanny & pop. Just make sure you get one that has multiple reclining positions & handles to carry. Check out the Childcare brand. No need to pay for the convoluted ones with a gazillion features, give bub a toy or two and that's it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bouncer. I had all 3 with ds and dd yet the plan netted bouncer was what they preferred every time. They loved it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Swing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Both boys loved their swing and bouncer, I never had a rocker. Our bouncer was had vibrations and music, it was quite simple but the boys loved it from birth, was a godsend when i needed them to sleep or just put them down while I got some housework done. From around 6 weeks they started taking interest in the swing, they music and rocking put the to sleep easily, but even when they were wide awake they loved sitting in it playing with the hanging toys and just being able to see me or look around the room.