+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    With a baby this young I think you have to do whatever feels right to you and trust that your family will understand. Personally, from when our bub was around 1 1/2 months until just after 6 months we went out to see friends for dinner, etc at least 3-4 times a week. At that age, she would just sleep in the hugabub or ergo on DP or i and not get at all over stimulated while we got some adult conversation. After 6 months she was too alert to do that anymore and I miss the freedom we had then.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would have went but that's just me, by the time my daughter was 2 months she had been to a wedding 4 hours from home, a 60th birthday 5 hours from home, a birthday party 10hiurs from home, her great grandmothers birthdat 8hours away and a sporting event 11hours from home all of which were at night.

You have to do what is right for you though. We were of the opinion the longer u put it off the harder it will be

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hun, always do what you feel is right. There's no point in causing yourself anxiety because you feel you that you don't have much of a choice.
    DS is 8 months old & DH & I have decided to start going out as a family once a week. Everyone thinks we're crazy for not taking him out at night up until now, but they're not the ones that'll have to deal with a ****ed off baby. His bedtime is 7pm so the latest we'll be taking him out is 8:30pm.
    I was always anxious and avoided family events or had somebody come over and babysit while DH and I went. If your bub can fall asleep anywhere & your family will actually *let* him fall asleep, then It shouldn't be too bad.

I've got my sil's engagement party & my cousins wedding next month so unfortunately he'll have to stay up late those nights. It's taken me 8 months to feel comfortable with this.

You know best what's right for you and your baby. Every mum and bub is different = )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SugarSkull For This Useful Post:

Auntyamber  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Hope you had a wonderful night