+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyG View Post
    Your lucky that way. My In- laws clearly play favourites & I pity my children as they will never have the same bond I had with mine!
    My father plays favorites with his step kids children over mine all the time. I'm glad my child is so young as on Xmas day, we had to sit thru their 3 brats being given about 5 big presents each from nana and poppy while my DS got 1 little present.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleven3Eleven View Post
    MILs are ANNOYING!!!
    Yep totally hear you mine thinks we should be best friends

totally not

wish they could get it that we married their son NOT them

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HELPihavea2yrold! View Post
    My father plays favorites with his step kids children over mine all the time. I'm glad my child is so young as on Xmas day, we had to sit thru their 3 brats being given about 5 big presents each from nana and poppy while my DS got 1 little present.
    :-( that sux! My mums mil would only ever buy gifts for my middle sister and never I ot baby sister as we didn't look like we were her sons kids?!?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CrissyG View Post
    Your lucky that way. My In- laws clearly play favourites & I pity my children as they will never have the same bond I had with mine!
    Same!!! IL's favor SIL's SD over our DD. If she ever cottons on I'll be cutting them out for good!!!

We has told them about it but they made out they didn't.. Whatever they have never brought anything for DD but are constantly buying SD toys and clothes!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Op I think what others mean Is that your "baby" isn't going to know the difference. He is one. Of course it feels unfair to you, especially when they have fussed over others birthdays, but ultimately your child isn'tgoing to know who is there and who is not. Until he is older, that is, and you show him the handprint canvas, and he then gets to be sad and disappointed about his grandparents several years after the fact. It sounds more hurtful to him tbh.
    your mil sound selfish, no doubt about it, and you ahvr every right to be ****ed off, but I think you need to focus in what is best for your kids, which is a relationship with their grandparents. It might not be the relationship the way you want it, but I guess we have. Take what we can get to a certain extent, unless they are downright abusive or negligent. Yur ds will work out fr himself later on exactly what he thinks of them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Your in laws might have 20 grandkids, but your DS only has 4 grandparents! If you punish your in laws by cutting them off (rightly or wrongly), you also punish your DS.

My DH was cut off from his paternal grandparents as a kid because his mum didn't like them. It was only as an adult he realised that they were actually really sweet as grandparents (as in laws was another matter), and that he'd really missed out by not having a relationship with them. He tried as an adult to establish one, but without that special childhood bond it never really developed. It's sad because his cousins are all really close to them, and it kind of makes him fee left out from the whole family.

Swallow your pride and put your DS first. It's not about you. You should bend over backwards to encourage their relationship with him. Even if they resist it. Even if you hate every minute of it! That is true motherly love.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy in the Sky For This Useful Post:

BbBbBh  (10-03-2012)