+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't go to CHN anymore. Our last appoitment was for DDs 2 year check she was 93cm and 16kg and i was told she needed to be placed on a diet as she was obese. I admit she was a little solid due to living with my inlaws for 8 weeks and they love to feed her rubbish behind my back. I'm a weightless consultant so I know exactly what a healthy diet involves and here I was being questioned about every bit of food my DD ate. I was told she needed to do more physical activity. This child physically never stops. I have to make her sit down for a while just so I can rest. She does not need a diet and exercise routine. The next thing was that particular day DD was wearing Croc shoes. Well call DoCS. Her feet are now destined to not grow properly, she will have a lifetime of tinea and god only knows if her brain will rot because of wearing them too. The woman straight out said she may as well "walk around barefoot because they are the worst shoes I could ever put on a child". Instead i should go to the local shoe store and pay $90 for a pair which will last her all season. Im sorry but 1) her foot has changed through 2 sizes by the end of every season anyway and 2) I don't even spend that much on my own shoes. Btw - the CHN was wearing stilettos!!! 6 months on and my DD is a beautiful little girl still weighing 16kgs but also off the scale for her height at 97cms. Take that CHN. In the 2 1/2 years of being mum I've been called a bad mother with no concern for my DDs welfare (exact words) because after 7 weeks of hell I gave up BF and bottle fed. Amongst many other things. I am the most confident parent until I walk into those appointments and always walk out totally deflated and questioning everything I've ever done as a mother. Being a mum is bl0ody hard enough without these experts bringing us down too. Sorry it's so long I am just very passionate about my dislike for this sort of thing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    DD was called obese at 6 months old. I can't even remember how heavy she was... 9 or 10kg or something.. but the thing was, she wasn't even really on solids... she was maybe dabbling in them... but was getting most of her fuel from milk.

She was also not crawling yet.

Apparently, if she put on more than 2kg by the time she reached 12 months, I'd have to put her on a diet. I decided then and there that the GP was a twit, and that I wouldn't be going back to him. Or anyone really, to see about her weight.

She's now 6.5 and a fine weight for her height. She's a bit bigger than average, but is bigger all over, not just in her weight. She's also a bit taller than average kids her age. She's slender and lovely. If anyone ever tried to tell me she's obese, I'd want to smack them one. (FWIW she's about 124cm and 24-25kg).

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    MCHN can go eat t rex balls.

ive never had anything but negative experiences with them

an yes she called my last bub obese and said i must be confusing his crying with hunger signs/crying.

he was my second child, i think i know when a baby is hungry ffs idjit woman.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

fiddlesticks  (26-02-2012)

headoverfeet is offline The truth will set you free, but first it will **** you off. -Gloria Steinem
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Oh I can't wait for DS1 "healthy child check" he is 110cm and 22kg, spot on the breastfeeding world health organizations charts, I hate that Mcn use ff charts for every baby/child!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Muscle weighs more than fat...

BMI's won't work on v muscular children as muscle weighs like 4 times that of fat....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Jasper's a 'solid' boy. He was about 20kgs at 2 years.

But he was/is a slab of muscle padded out with baby chub. He actually now weighs 17.9kgs last time I chucked him on the scales @ 3 years (and 97cm) and still reasonably solid... Just without the cute softy bits. He looks a bit more like a 'kid' body shape than a 'baby' body shape.

Fortunately he's not see a MCHN since 6 months when I popped in to ask a couple of questions & not had a 'blue book' check list check up since 8 weeks. So nobody has had the opportunity to tell me he's over fed since then. (seeing as it was implied by a MCHN he was over fed at a freaking week old I kinda don't really listen to them that much )

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I think it is time to phase out BMI. It is grossly inaccurate.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using BubHub

9. The Following User Says Thank You to fiddlesticks For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (26-02-2012)