+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Lasagne

So I want to try and make my own lasagne over the weekend, I brought a box one and it was RANK. I found a nice recipe to try.

To make it a main meal, what can I serve with it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I serve mine with chips & salad or mash & veg!!

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Just some salad, and maybe garlic bread is all we have.

When you make your lasagna, allow yourself lots of time because by the time you make your meat sauce and bechamel sauce and assemble it, you still have to get it in the oven. If your recipe doesn't mention it, make sure that you add warm milk to the roux (butter and flour), otherwise it will get lumpy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How long should I allow for preparation and cooking if I want to serve it at 6pm?

Mod-pegasus is offline ADMINISTRATOR
    and all that the Lorax left here in this mess was a small pile of rocks with the one word...UNLESS
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've found the best tip for lasagne - was changing from dry pasta sheets to the ones in the fridge. ( I use two for the lasagne and freeze the others).

Me - I don't serve with anything else - as I add carrots and mushrooms and onions and green veges into the meat sauce - so while it has all the veges in the lasagne - pasta has the carbohydrates - no side dish needed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    You could make it earlier in the day and assemble it ready to put it in the oven to cook for dinner. That's what I've done before so I didn't have to do it all at dinner time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I find it takes me about half hour for prep and assembly.
    40 mins in oven covered, add cheese on top and another 20 uncovered.
    So hour and a half.
    That's with bought pasta sheets though, the soft fresh ones. Longer cooking time if the hard sheets.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=pegasus;6401065]I've found the best tip for lasagne - was changing from dry pasta sheets to the ones in the fridge. ( I use two for the lasagne and freeze the others).

Brilliant advice I also make mine in preparation, so I put it together during the day and cook it later. I think it tastes better when let sit and combine for a while

Waiting on the arrival of William

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always make the meat sauce the night before as I like to let mine reduce on the stove for at least 30 mins. It makes it nice and tomatoey. I use fresh pasta sheets too. I serve mine with a Greek salad minus the feta these days and garlic bread. For a treat I sometimes go and buy chips from the fish and chip shop.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I usually serve mine on a bed of salad with a side of garlic bread. I also let it sit for ten minutes before serving it as otherwise it never retains it's shape (layers).It still comes out piping hot.