+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    wish DH would look at working in the minds instead of his family then at least we would get a regular income.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    No I dont mind. I think it was cert 2 and 3 in security operations. Cert 2 is actually done free through centrelink for job seekers. Noone on his course wanted to go to the mines though.

He said most of the people in the course were a few bricks short and he was offered a few jobs while on the course, none of which paid as well as what he ended up getting. while he was there he learnt of the companies who did a lot of security for the mines and applied with them. It was a coincidence that he had applied with another branch of theonce company 6 months earlier (cook/cleaning positions) who set up a medical and stuff for him for a different position, so he went and did that, then contacted the security branch and it all fell into place.

I believe you will struggle to get a position if you dont have senior first aid or MARCSTA/white card (the course he did had white card and senior first aid). Some of the companies also wanted him to have done a 4wd course

It was a big risk for us. DH quit his job, and I busted my bum working from home and going into work a little bit while he did it, so we were really lucky it all fell into place so well

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Pregnor For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (26-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The company my dh is going to work for will pay for his training but for the qld coal mines, just google 'coal induction' and it will bring up a heap of different training providers that offer this course. It has all different modules but is the basic you need to be allowed on site

5. The Following User Says Thank You to blissfulfairy For This Useful Post:

onionskin  (26-02-2012)