+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Just after some Info on VR cost in Australia and Medicare rebate? Im having trouble finding any cost info on the net
    Any help would be great
    thanks
    Last edited by miffy25; 18-06-2013 at 22:36.

Thanks
    Reviews
    We are in Melbourne. We are going privately through a urologist (we don't have private health cover) it is going to cost is about $5500 and we get around $1000 back from Medicare. But it also depends on where the initial cut was. The higher up the harder to do and more it costs. Good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I can't help. Not sure what the rebate is now. DH has his dine in Sept 2011. We went through the Metrocentre in Qld. If you contact them they should be able to assist with pricing & rebate info.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure what the Medicare rebate was, we have private health cover and all up we were out of pocket about $2k.

The reversal was technically successful (return of sperm in ejaculate) but we're now having to go IVF as numbers are low & have poor motility since it was 15yrs between original vasectomy & reversal. So it's definitely worth taking out private health to cover assisted reproduction just in case you need it later - then you won't have to wait another 12 months to be eligible.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    We also went through the Metrocentre at the Gold Coast. DH had his in August 2012. We were told when we made our appointment that the Medicare Rebate was about to change in November 2012 & that is why we did it prior. Upfront Cost was just over $10,000.00, however we joined our safety nets together & got just over $8,000.00 back. If you call the places they send out information packs by email. Good luck

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the info
    very helpful
    Last edited by miffy25; 22-06-2013 at 10:06.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all I'm new here and have just had a quick read through the thread. My hubby had his vas done 5 years ago and we are wanting to go ahead with a reversal. We are in Melbourne so any recommendations re urologists would be great! We are both 34 and I feel really greedy when i say we have 4 children but are now wanting 1-2 more I'd also love to be added to the fb group if possible? My name is Sarah Haslam and my profile pic is of me and hubby, thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Kizycat,

I am also in Melbourne. Happy to give you more info.
    I tried finding you to add to the FB group but you don't come up when I search you (possibly your settings are on private). You can add me if you like, my name is Kirsten Nicholls, profile pic is of me in a pale beige beanie. Look forward to talking soon!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok i think I found you!! I hope its you anyway lol!! We have an appointment to see Dr Andrew Troy, he's a Urologist in a fortnight. I have no idea how you are supposed to pick a surgeon, I googled! I'ts frustrating when you've made the decsion that to have the VR done and then it takes forever to see the docs etc etc. Anyway I'm crazy with baby fever but feel very anxious that the VR wont work or something will go wrong. How long after VR can you start TTC? I'm using OPK's but not charting or temping yet. Oh so many questions!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kitzycat we were told it would take 3 months for everything to get going again, particularly since it would be after a SA so you know exactly what you're working with.
    Good luck!

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app