+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC after Vasectomy Reversal

Sounds good Arlais! Have you had a sperm count since the first test post op? Fingers crossed you get a BFP soon

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC after Vasectomy Reversal

Thankyou

DH hasn't had another test since the post op - if we don't get a BFP this month, once all the craziness of this time of year is over I'll ask him to get another SA.

Kinda been dropping hints for a few months that I want him to get tested again. He's one of those guys who really doesn't get off much on self stimulation, so I think next time I should take some time off to assist with his appt

Thanks
    Reviews
    At the risk of sounding entirely crazy...

Before your partner had a VR, did anyone else hope like crazy that for some reason the original procedure didnt work and they would just fall pregnant?

I'm current 4 days late and every time this happens (which isnt often) I find myself wondering, despite knowing there's no chance its actually happened.

I can only imagine how loopy I will be once the VR has been done and there is actually a real chance each month!!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Re: TTC after Vasectomy Reversal

Definitely!

Especially when I knew that his ex had to have alot of help to fall pregnant, then had a total hysterectomy not long after he had the snip.

You're not crazy, you just want a baby! Sometimes it does happen, but usually only if it's been a very short time since the procedure.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh I *know* its wont. At leas the logical rational part of my brain does. I just need to suppress the crazy thoughts

And yes, I do want a baby. So strange how freely I say that now. I was never remotely clucky til I met my partner and he told me about the vasectomy. Suddenly the idea that a family wasnt a possibility really made me reassess.

Happily DH is fine with undergoing a reversal but every now and then I do marvel at the process I've undergone too!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by sharrison View Post
    Oh I *know* its wont. At leas the logical rational part of my brain does. I just need to suppress the crazy thoughts

And yes, I do want a baby. So strange how freely I say that now. I was never remotely clucky til I met my partner and he told me about the vasectomy. Suddenly the idea that a family wasnt a possibility really made me reassess.

Happily DH is fine with undergoing a reversal but every now and then I do marvel at the process I've undergone too!
    I was never sure that I wanted to have a baby until things became serious with my now DH - then being faced with the possibility that it might not happen kicked my maternal instincts into overdrive!!

I'm so thankful that he was willing to go through such a big thing for a guy in order for us to share a child. Now we've just got to try our best and hope that everything will work out how we want

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sounds like we are in very similiar situations Arlais - just at different points along the journey. I hope it works out for you.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to sharrison For This Useful Post:

Arlais  (20-12-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Anyone having any luck recently? Got a nice BFP to report?

Nothing for us yet, although I'm going to docs this afternoon to determine why I've been feeling so sick the last few days. I haven't got my hopes up because my temps are still "normal" for this point in my cycle, but last AF was weird and I was a bit surprised when it turned out I wasn't utd last month since I had so many symptoms!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I found your thread while googling to see if anyone had some sucess stories.

Hope you guys don't mind but I read through the thread and you all seem to be in the same boat as my partner & I.

I am 26 and he is 41 & he has two boys aged 11 & 13 from his previous marriage. I don't have any children of my own, but love and care for his boys so much, I can't wait to be a mum.

We had the VR in August 2012 at the Gold Coast. His original V was about 10 years ago after the birth of his youngest.

I am trying to stay positive, the Dr gave us a 85% chance so that is better than 0%.

Thanks for reading.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to waiting26 For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default TTC after Vasectomy Reversal

Quote Originally Posted by waiting26 View Post
    Hi I found your thread while googling to see if anyone had some sucess stories.

Hope you guys don't mind but I read through the thread and you all seem to be in the same boat as my partner & I.

I am 26 and he is 41 & he has two boys aged 11 & 13 from his previous marriage. I don't have any children of my own, but love and care for his boys so much, I can't wait to be a mum.

We had the VR in August 2012 at the Gold Coast. His original V was about 10 years ago after the birth of his youngest.

I am trying to stay positive, the Dr gave us a 85% chance so that is better than 0%.

Thanks for reading.
    Hi Waiting & welcome

You situation is very similar to mine! Hopefully you have as much success as I am now 17 weeks pregnant.

Have you had any SA results since the VR?

Wishing you a short TTC journey x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to dream girl For This Useful Post:

ange1111xxx  (06-06-2014)