+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hi :) May I join you also?

Hi There!

My hubby had a vasectomy 6 years ago - he has two girls from his first marriage.

We've decided we want a baby and so have decided to go the Vasectomy Reversal Route... We can't afford to do it here is Oz so have decided to go to NZ where they will reverse it under local anaesthetic. It's not microsurgical, its a single layer technique but their success rate is 85% as opposed to the microsurg success rate of 95%. I am not sure what their actual pregnancy rate is, and I still don't know much about sperm antibodies but will continue to look into this!

We're heading over in September for the surgery... hopefully its successful!
    We probably wont start trying til this time next year (as I'm a final year nursing student and need to finish my graduate year) and they say it can take 12 months anyway.

Wishing you all success and look forward to sharing the journey with you if you'll have me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome Mrs Allan!!!
    Good luck with the VR and keep us posted with your journey :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, anyone in the two week wait zone? I have been much more relaxed this month. Not obsessing over twinges or websites. We also have cut back on Dtd. Listening to the doc this month on the every second day approach. Also travelled a bit with work so it has been a bit all over the place. How is everyone coping with this wild ride? We have our 6 mth SA due in about 2 weeks. Fingers crossed for an improvement on the last result.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Castle
    I'm O'ing today. So the TWW starts tomorrow. I've also been trying to relax and don't plan on testing this month, just gunna wait and see if AF shows. We also cut back on DTD. DF had to go overseas for work so that helped :-)
    Hope the SA results come back good!!! Make sure you let us know how everything goes.
    When are you testing?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am with you. Not going to test unless AF is a few days late. I only have one test in the house and it is the most expensive I could find. Incentive not to use it. Expecting af this month and ok with it. Wanted an April baby so pressure is on for next month. None of my friends have their bfp yet either and don't have the vr obstacle we do. Makes me feel better and feeling more patient.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

We finally go the SA results which were nothing to jump up and down about. 2 million sperm in sample, and only 15% swimming in the right direction (the rest were swimming in circles).

The doc said its still early days and that he was happy that there were at least some swimmers there - so we're at least in with a chance!

I was somewhat relieved, as I was beginning to suspect that there were none there at all. Now I guess we just keep trying and wait.

I have just ovulated too, so I'm on the TWW now too and I'm determined to take it easy this month and not go crazy over every potential PG symptom.

The weird thing is, since we've started TTC I have had sore breasts from the time I ovulate until at least day 1-2 of AF for nearly every cycle. I'm sure I never had this before. Maybe 1-2 days before AF, but not for a whole 2 weeks! The only thing I can put it down to is that I started taking vit B6 - to try and increase my LP - which was only 8 days when I stared charting. It's increased my LP to 10-12 days, which is great - but I thought B6 was meant to help with PMS symptoms not make them worse

Are any of you taking B6? Maybe I'm just paying more attention to my body now and my breast have always been this sore?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo79 View Post
    Hi all,

We finally go the SA results which were nothing to jump up and down about. 2 million sperm in sample, and only 15% swimming in the right direction (the rest were swimming in circles).

The doc said its still early days and that he was happy that there were at least some swimmers there - so we're at least in with a chance!

I was somewhat relieved, as I was beginning to suspect that there were none there at all. Now I guess we just keep trying and wait.

I have just ovulated too, so I'm on the TWW now too and I'm determined to take it easy this month and not go crazy over every potential PG symptom.

The weird thing is, since we've started TTC I have had sore breasts from the time I ovulate until at least day 1-2 of AF for nearly every cycle. I'm sure I never had this before. Maybe 1-2 days before AF, but not for a whole 2 weeks! The only thing I can put it down to is that I started taking vit B6 - to try and increase my LP - which was only 8 days when I stared charting. It's increased my LP to 10-12 days, which is great - but I thought B6 was meant to help with PMS symptoms not make them worse

Are any of you taking B6? Maybe I'm just paying more attention to my body now and my breast have always been this sore?
    Sorry to hear that the results aren't high but at least there are swimmers. And in the end we only need 1! My DF's results have continued to improve by taking menevit so fingers crossed you guys continue to see an improvement aswell :-)
    Last edited by dream girl; 04-06-2012 at 12:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey Lillystar
    Was really encouraging to read what you wrote. My partner is 53 an im 30 yrs old he has 3 girls under 10 yrs old that live with us from a prvious marriage an because i never had kids he loves me enough to want try for 2 more kids with me.

My partner had a vascetomy done an we wanting to get a reversal an try ttc for a bub..

How often are vasectomy reversal successfuls an im wondering how long it can take to concieve after a successful reversal.

We both go to the docs to get a refferal to our gyno an fetility doc to begin the journey.

Any advice

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi WantToBeAMummy30

We're in quite similiar situations! I'm 29 (30 next month) and my partner is 43. He has 2 kids from a previous marriage and then had a vasectomy done.

We want to have kids so we're going down the reversal path early next year.

I've seen so many different claims of success rates for a VR and the lingo can be really confusing (at least it is for me!). There seem to be multiple ways to measure success too - presence of sperm, successful pregnancy etc.

In terms of how long it takes, the most common answer I have seen is 12 months + but others may be more knowledgable than me.

Hope it goes well for you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies! Nice to see I'm not alone in this.

I'm 27, DH has just turned 40 - he has 2 teenage sons and desperately wants to add a little princess to our family, but we'd be happy as long as we have a healthy bubba!

Here's our journey so far;

VR in February 2012
    1st SA had 4 million swimmers, good motility (not sure of %)
    May 2012 - our wedding! Doc said 12 week mark was green light for TTC
    June 2012 - I was made redundant - very stressful couple of months, cycles all over the place
    August 2012 - New job and body has settled back into rhythm. First month actively TTC BFN
    October 2012 - Bought opk's and started charting bbt (halfway through the month as I was sick). Felt pregnant - AF was late but no BFP - suspect chem.
    November 2012 - First full month of charting. Discovered I'm Oing later in my cycle than I thought I was and LP is 12 days. BFN
    December 2012 - Thought I O'ed yesterday, but no temp rise. Testing date is NYE!