+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We too are still trying to conceive - it has been 10 weeks for us, so not long i guess, in the whole scope of things, my hubby is just about to have a SA but was hoping I would just fall before, wishful thinking, -my clairvoyant (apparently she is very good) told me that I would get pregnant soon and be over the scary- miscarriage stage by November -December, so heres hope to that, my huby is on menevit too, and initially He was taking saw palamento too, fingers crossed, and pink baby dust my way as already have 3 boys

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo79 View Post
    Hi everyone, it sounds like this thread is where I should be.

I'm 31 and my DH is 19 years older than me. He has two teenage sons and had his VR in December 2011. His original Vasectomy was 13 years ago, so the odds are not stacked in our favour - but we're hopeful - and we have been TTC for 5 months now. He has not yet had a SA and only got the pathology form for it this week, so we hope to send it off very soon. and have our for a good result.

I've been charting my BBT for a few months now and my husband's taking Menevit.

I'm hoping to hear some positive stories and wish you all the very best on your ttc journeys.
    Hi Moomoo79

Welcome :-) my DF also has two teenage kids and we are trying to conceive our first. This is my first.

Where and when did your DH have his VR done?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYKINS View Post
    We too are still trying to conceive - it has been 10 weeks for us, so not long i guess, in the whole scope of things, my hubby is just about to have a SA but was hoping I would just fall before, wishful thinking, -my clairvoyant (apparently she is very good) told me that I would get pregnant soon and be over the scary- miscarriage stage by November -December, so heres hope to that, my huby is on menevit too, and initially He was taking saw palamento too, fingers crossed, and pink baby dust my way as already have 3 boys
    Good luck with the SA!! Hope your clairvoyant is right and you get your BFP soon :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies, can I join you?

My DH has now had 2 vas reversals... The first one was in 2008 (more than 18 yes after his vas), and was successful. We had a daughter in 2009. After that his tubes blocked up with scar tissue leaving him with a zero sperm count again. 4 unsuccessful IVF cycles later, a lady on an IVF forum mentioned that her DH had been offered the option of a second reversal, so we pursued that and my DH had surgery in feb. We have been trying for 2 months now (AF arrived today damn her), and are very keen to get pregnant before his tubes block up again...

I don't remember the exact stats but DH 3 month sperm results have come in at the low end of the normal range (slightly better than after his first actually).
    DH is taking Fertilaid for men (I buy it on the net from fairhaven health), and I'm taking Fertilaid for women, we've cut out all caffeine (except for chocolate), and we have everything crossed that we don't have to go back down the IVF route...

Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilbara View Post
    Hi ladies, can I join you?

My DH has now had 2 vas reversals... The first one was in 2008 (more than 18 yes after his vas), and was successful. We had a daughter in 2009. After that his tubes blocked up with scar tissue leaving him with a zero sperm count again. 4 unsuccessful IVF cycles later, a lady on an IVF forum mentioned that her DH had been offered the option of a second reversal, so we pursued that and my DH had surgery in feb. We have been trying for 2 months now (AF arrived today damn her), and are very keen to get pregnant before his tubes block up again...

I don't remember the exact stats but DH 3 month sperm results have come in at the low end of the normal range (slightly better than after his first actually).
    DH is taking Fertilaid for men (I buy it on the net from fairhaven health), and I'm taking Fertilaid for women, we've cut out all caffeine (except for chocolate), and we have everything crossed that we don't have to go back down the IVF route...

Xxx
    Welcome Pilbara :-) its so wonderful to hear that you have a daughter after the first reversal! Hopefully this time you'll have just as good success. All the best & keep us updated with your progress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome Pilbara! Love Sucess stories! Fingers crossed for number two. My DH has two teenage girls. We are trying for my number 1. 2 mths trying so far. We have our 6 mth SA next month. You must have fallen pretty quickly with your first?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    Hi Moomoo79

Welcome :-) my DF also has two teenage kids and we are trying to conceive our first. This is my first.

Where and when did your DH have his VR done?
    Thanks dream girl, it's so good to meet someone else in the same boat. I have no children of my own either. I think once you've shared your home with someone else's teenagers and still want children of your own, it shows how truly dedicated to the cause you are

DH had his VR done at St Vincents Hospital in Sydney by Dr Golovsky.

I'm finding the whole TTC thing an emotional rollercoaster, and I didn't expect it to be. Perhaps I'm just being impatient. Many of my friends either have children or are pregnant right now, and I feel very much like the odd one out. Hopefully we'll have a better idea of where we stand once we get the SA results back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moomoo79 View Post
    Thanks dream girl, it's so good to meet someone else in the same boat. I have no children of my own either. I think once you've shared your home with someone else's teenagers and still want children of your own, it shows how truly dedicated to the cause you are

DH had his VR done at St Vincents Hospital in Sydney by Dr Golovsky.

I'm finding the whole TTC thing an emotional rollercoaster, and I didn't expect it to be. Perhaps I'm just being impatient. Many of my friends either have children or are pregnant right now, and I feel very much like the odd one out. Hopefully we'll have a better idea of where we stand once we get the SA results back.
    I'm with you on the rollercoaster!! I've always known that I want to have children so this journey with DF and his VR has been very trying. I know I'm an impatient person and that doesn't help.

How long till you get the SA results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dream girl View Post
    I'm with you on the rollercoaster!! I've always known that I want to have children so this journey with DF and his VR has been very trying. I know I'm an impatient person and that doesn't help.

How long till you get the SA results?
    I'm not sure, my DH is away overseas for work until Sunday, so it will be at least until next week. Were you able to take a print-out or did your doc just tell you the results?

Thanks
    Reviews
    No print out, the doc just called with the results. DF hated the fact he couldn't relieve himself for 3 whole days beforehand and also said it was quite embarrassing going to give the sample. To get accurate testing it has to be handed in within a certain timeframe. Unfortunately for DF we live too far away so he has to give his sample at the pathology place. It only took the doc about 4-5 days to call with the results.