+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    How exciting onedaymaybebaby! FX for some great results in a months time! After a lot of research we went with Dr Woolcott, after 15 years we really needed all the expertise we could get as we didn't want to leave anything to chance. He was FANTASTIC and OH has a count of 15 million which we are so please about! Make sure when they do the SA they do a full screen, for some reason they only did count with us, not motility, morphology or antibodies, so although we have 15 million they may all be swimming in circles! But we'll have that sorted with our next SA at the FS

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Chooky79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (31-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke29579 View Post
    How exciting onedaymaybebaby! FX for some great results in a months time! After a lot of research we went with Dr Woolcott, after 15 years we really needed all the expertise we could get as we didn't want to leave anything to chance. He was FANTASTIC and OH has a count of 15 million which we are so please about! Make sure when they do the SA they do a full screen, for some reason they only did count with us, not motility, morphology or antibodies, so although we have 15 million they may all be swimming in circles! But we'll have that sorted with our next SA at the FS
    That's awesome re the successful reversal, will hopefully make things easier for you if you have to go down the IVF route!? I hope you have just as good an experience with the FS! Thanks for the advice re SA, I will have to check our lab form that was given to us! It's so hard waiting 10 weeks post surgery!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes it will make any further treatment a lot easier, well easier for the OH anyway! I'm still hoping we'll fall naturally, but being 35 (and a half 😁) it's time to get this show on the road! Yes def check your form, and the ten week wait is agonizing!! I remember it all too well 😊

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chooky79 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (01-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by brooke29579 View Post
    Yes it will make any further treatment a lot easier, well easier for the OH anyway! I'm still hoping we'll fall naturally, but being 35 (and a half 😁) it's time to get this show on the road! Yes def check your form, and the ten week wait is agonizing!! I remember it all too well 😊
    Keep us updated with your journey! Lots of positve thoughts for you 😊

7. The Following User Says Thank You to onedaymaybebaby For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (02-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there ladies, hubby and I are still plodding along. Trying not to wig out too much in the trying to conceive journey and just taking things as they come.
    All the best wishes in the world to you all and hopefully we all get good news very soon xx

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikwin13 For This Useful Post:

Chooky79  (03-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's so hard isn't it Nikwin13, we are only starting our TTC journey but so far my OH is a saint, I do not know what I did to deserve him! And I'm not even sure I'd attempt all this without such an amazingly supportive partner.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Nikwin! Hope you get a BFP soon! How long have you been ttc?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies, hubby had his op back in June last year so only been about 6 months we have been trying for.
    Trying not to let it take over my life and just go with the flow.
    Yes my hubby has been absolutely awesome with the journey so far he calms me down when I have a flip out lol.
    Best of luck to you ladies hope you get your BFPs very soon x

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nikwin13 For This Useful Post:

onedaymaybebaby  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies,

Just wanted to add my story here. Hubby had his VR in Sep 2013 by Dr Lekich. Our first count was 5mil (didn't tell us motility was bad) 6 month count was 65million! (Again did I tell us poor motility 98%!)
    9 month count was 25mil and poor motility and then we had a FS do a count in October. Just 3 million and 98% abnormal

It would seem they are scarring over and from what I have read this is very common. I went the VR route thinking it was a permanent solution and we could have more if we wanted, but have seen lots of people lucky enough to fall in the first year, and then can't after 2 years. I've also seen quite a few not working at all and going ivf anyway.

So after 18months ttc we just had our first round of ICSI and the outcome was BFN and just one frozen embryo to pin my hopes on for transfer in March. The waiting is killing me. Only a week since I found out it's BFN.

If I could do it again, I think I would have done ICSI from the start. But can't say how that would have turned out. At least our 10grand gave us enough sperm for hubby to provide his sample naturally last month but who knows if the FET doesn't work.

I wish I had a success story, but I don't. And I wish I read more story's like mine before making the VR decision. For a price update, Metrocentre cost us 10k with $1700 back from Medicare (no PHI).

All the best ladies and I hope you are more successful than us x

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to StillHopeful For This Useful Post:

Felicia  (04-02-2015),purityrach  (05-02-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My husband had his VR in Aug 2014 (Dr Woolcott) and the only result we got from the SA was "there was no result". Next step is a repeat SA at 6 months (in 2 weeks) with either the option of a repeat VR or something further. I so don't know what to do. My husband is happy to do a repeat VR and I'm only 28 (he is 35) so time is on our side... but I have it in my head that we will still be where we are now in a years time, facing ICSI as our only real option. My husband is ever the optimist and thinks everything will be OK and I need to let nature do its thing and the repeat op will be a success.

So lost and so sad. Has anyone ever been told "no result"? Has anyone gone on to have success? Has anyone had a repeat VR?

Rachel xx