+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello, glad people are back in the thread. DH had his reversal approx 4 months ago and had his test done about a week ago. Turns out op worked and his swimmers are in full swing he is sitting at 300 million and 80% mobility. Which the doc said was awesome being so close to the op so just waiting for the day that we get our BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default it worked for us!

that's awesome, yer it worked for us , i hoping to fall again very soon, who did the op

Quote Originally Posted by Nikwin13 View Post
    Hello, glad people are back in the thread. DH had his reversal approx 4 months ago and had his test done about a week ago. Turns out op worked and his swimmers are in full swing he is sitting at 300 million and 80% mobility. Which the doc said was awesome being so close to the op so just waiting for the day that we get our BFP!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi babykins, his op was done in darwin by doctor Campbell.
    Happy to hear yours worked as well hopefully it happens for us both very soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    im hoping too, that today's the day!!!!!!!!
    '

Quote Originally Posted by Nikwin13 View Post
    Hi babykins, his op was done in darwin by doctor Campbell.
    Happy to hear yours worked as well hopefully it happens for us both very soon x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    How is everyone going? Anymore VR success's?

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Decision time - VR doctors Woolcott Vs Lekich

Hi girls, we have decided to go ahead and try a VR rather than IVF as first option. I won't go into all the details now but wondering whether anyone else has weighed up these two docs? Dr Woolcott will cost us about $7k out of pocket (we have no cover), Dr Lekich about $8k. It would even out as we'd have to travel Sydney for Dr Woolcott. Dr Woolcott seems fancier, better website etc... But is he better than Metrocentre Dr Lekich?
    Thanks in advance ;-)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Or other suggested doc?

Should have said... We are based northern NSW but family in Sydney and Noosa. Prepared to go anywhere for an excellent doctor! Hubby is worried as he won't be able to work for a month (a builder), so closer to home the better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ange1111 View Post
    Hi girls, we have decided to go ahead and try a VR rather than IVF as first option. I won't go into all the details now but wondering whether anyone else has weighed up these two docs? Dr Woolcott will cost us about $7k out of pocket (we have no cover), Dr Lekich about $8k. It would even out as we'd have to travel Sydney for Dr Woolcott. Dr Woolcott seems fancier, better website etc... But is he better than Metrocentre Dr Lekich?
    Thanks in advance ;-)
    I don't know anything about Dr Woolcott but we used Dr Lekich. He was great and we got success 12 months after the op (my husband had 12yrs between vasectomy and reversal).

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone and Hi Dreamgirl!!
    Just thought I would pop in and give you an update on us. Dh's VR failed, he did have return to sperm but after 6mths the numbers started going backwards. 12mths after VR we had our first IVF-ICSI round and had success first go. My little boy-Harrison just celebrated his first birthday. We used DR Lekich on the Gold Coast for VR, my hubbie had too much scar tissue that blocked off the join. I don't regret our journey but with the luxury of hindsight we should have gone Ivf from the very start. It's not an easy process but there were less what ifs and unknowns during the process. I found it less of a mind screw than the VR. Possibly because I was more involved in the process. Recovery was only a day for hubby after IVF as opposed weeks after VR. There are some fabulous results from VR, if your hubby didn't have a good vasectomy in the first place and the Dr says its a bit of a mess on your first consultation, I recommend you consider other options at that point. Could save yourself a lot of heartache. My husband must have been butchered! Lucky they do things better these days , because Us VR ladies know better than anyone that life can take a different direction at any time. Good luck to all those TTC x x x

Thanks
    Reviews
    HI everyone
    We are still paying our PHI and doing the standard 12 month wait so we are covered for most of the VR costs. Over half way there! Pheww! We haven't chosen a surgeon yet but have looked into many.
    I have heard a lot of good things about Dr Woolcott.
    We have also heard great things about a Dr Campbell, I wonder if it is the same one that is in Darwin as the one that has come highly recommend operates on the Gold Coast but I know some of the surgeons operate around Australia.
    We phoned my partners Vasectomy Dr to find out exactly what was done when he did his vasectomy and got exact details, dates etc. as I wasn't with him then so have no idea what happened. We found out he had a scalpel free open ended vasectomy, which is apparently the easiest to reverse. It makes us feel more positive about the VR route knowing what was done rather than guessing in the meantime