+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default TTC after Vasectomy Reversal

Hi

My hubby has just had a vasectomy reversal and I was hoping there might be some other ladies out there in the same boat?

I have been in the IVF threads and have found the support wonderful and so decided to start one for those TTC after a Vasectomy Reversal.

Hubby had his orginal Vas done about 10 years ago. He is still recovering from surgery and we are just waiting until we can start TTC (about 2 or so weeks - YAY!!). After 3 BFNs with IVF I'm looking forward to trying the good old fashioned way I really hope he gets some swimmers back

Hope there are some people wanting to join in and share your story. I know there are people with failed reversals but I have seen a lot of good stories too on overseas forums and hoping that there are some other people on bubhub who want to chat while TTC.

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there, I am in your boat! My Dh is 39 and I am 29. dh had vr done in Dec 11. We just had our 3 month sperm analysis done and are about to commence the ttc journey. We didn't get wonderful sperm results but I have read lower results with pregnancy Sucess. DH is on menefit and about to start taking Maca. We are very positive about this and hope we get a BFP this year. We were going to wait a few months to start ttc, but after the results we decided to get going. Good luck and I am here if you need to chat!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies

How is your TTC journey going?

I'm 29 and TTC # 1. DF is 45 and had his reversal done after 12 years. We have only been actively trying now for 1 month without success but hopefully next month brings a BFP!! DF is also taking Menevit. Sperm count is currently 10million with 20% "top swimmers".

Good luck to everyone and hope May is my month!!

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Im in the same boat too

Only i am a lot older, I am 43 so hopefully havent missed that boat, Dh (45) has had his reversal (after 7 yrs), on 1st March, 2012, so hopefully we will have a BFP soon, we are also trying to sway toward a a girl, so hard, but first month unsuccessful, havent had the sperm analysis yet, had twins last time (b/g), so twin girls would be awesome, hubby on menevit, Vit E, good mega vitamin, and was taking Saw Palamento for a few weeks but finished now and its so expensive, hoe much is Maca root, and is it necessary,

Thanks
    Reviews
    dream girl, how long after VR was his sperm tested, because that seems really high results?? how does it work, is 20 million good and 20% top swimmers, whats this mean in regards to getting pregnant, we are still waiting till 10 weeks to have the test done, did you do at 10 weeks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BABYKINS View Post
    dream girl, how long after VR was his sperm tested, because that seems really high results?? how does it work, is 20 million good and 20% top swimmers, whats this mean in regards to getting pregnant, we are still waiting till 10 weeks to have the test done, did you do at 10 weeks
    My DF has has both his 3 & 6 months post VR. 3 month results he had 8million. 6 month results are 10million but an increase of 20% top swimmers. A result of 20million or above is considered normal. And our doctor told us then generally you only have about 10% of top swimmers. So our results have DF still with a low sperm count but high quality.

We were given the green light from the doctor to start trying at 3 months but due to changes with my work we decided to postpone. Last month was our first month TTC. Fingers crossed May brings brings us luck!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Maca comes in capsules or in powder. I believe the powder is much cheaper. I picked up a bottle of 200 capsules for about $30 I think. Supposed to be helpful for men and women. I try Nything that is good for sperm development.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh wow - I haven't logged in for ages and just realised there were replies to this thread

We are about 2 or 3 weeks out of having our first sperm analysis. I am sooooo nervous. If this doesn't work we will have to go back to IVF which I really don't want to have to do. I just hope we see some swimmers.

So we are two months of trying but no BFP yet. My hubby is taking menevit as well.

Dream girl - great results!! Fingers crossed you get your BFP soon.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillystar For This Useful Post:

dream girl  (23-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck with the results Lillystar! Hope the results came back good :-) make sure you let us know.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, it sounds like this thread is where I should be.

I'm 31 and my DH is 19 years older than me. He has two teenage sons and had his VR in December 2011. His original Vasectomy was 13 years ago, so the odds are not stacked in our favour - but we're hopeful - and we have been TTC for 5 months now. He has not yet had a SA and only got the pathology form for it this week, so we hope to send it off very soon. and have our for a good result.

I've been charting my BBT for a few months now and my husband's taking Menevit.

I'm hoping to hear some positive stories and wish you all the very best on your ttc journeys.