+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Default Newborn bringing up milk in the cot

My 2 week old is on Karicare Gold and I have noticed milk on his bottom sheet, so he must be bringing up milk in his sleep. My first DS never did this. Is it normal? Should I be concerned?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    i think thats called possetting (sp?) unless its disturbing your bub i dont think its a big issue.

just make sure you have a mattress protector under the fitted sheet so ur mattress doesnt end up stinky

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Small amounts are fine, large amounts aren't.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Maybe a cot wedge to raise their head may help?

Thanks
    Reviews
    My baby was doing the same. She was taking in to much air because of a poor attachment. We had her bed raised on the angle for a little while to help stop anything from coming up, we were shown this when we were re entered into a special care unit after her first week from hospital.
    This seemed to help her

Thanks
    Reviews
    Had the same with my DS and still happens occasionally (he's 10 weeks). It happened both with breast milk and formula. Best to try and keep them upright for a while after a feed and not put them down to bed straight away if possible. Posseting is quite normal if it's small amounts and it's not like projectile vomiting. Newborn diaphragms are so immature so it's normal for milk to come up, especially Undigested milk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all, it seems to have stopped, it only happened approx 3-4 times the last week (so not every feed, and there are 7-8 a day ATM!)
    I try to hold him upright and pat his back for as long as I can after feeds and try the rocker for awhile during the day.