+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ulysses is offline In the eyes of a child you will see...the world as it should be.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    its probably a number of things. She is most likely a bit jealous about the fact that her ex is now having a baby & going through parenthood with someone else (somethng that he only shared with her previously). She also may be interested in getting to know you more due to the fact that the kids will be related. Either way, do what is comfortable for you & do not fall into the trap of letting everyone get too lovely dovey becos it usually ends in tears - its better to have a little distance between the ex & your family.

Good luck w your baby & make sure you are true to yourself & your feelings if you start to feel uncomfortable about the situation.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ulysses For This Useful Post:

Lovemyfam  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
    its probably a number of things. She is most likely a bit jealous about the fact that her ex is now having a baby & going through parenthood with someone else (somethng that he only shared with her previously). She also may be interested in getting to know you more due to the fact that the kids will be related. Either way, do what is comfortable for you & do not fall into the trap of letting everyone get too lovely dovey becos it usually ends in tears - its better to have a little distance between the ex & your family.

Good luck w your baby & make sure you are true to yourself & your feelings if you start to feel uncomfortable about the situation.
    Hi There,

Sure, she's experienced with this though. Her estranged husband (who she was with before she lived with my husband) she had two kids with. He has moved on and has a baby now with his partner. So it's not brand new to her, if you know what I mean.

I don't think there are any underlying motives of a sinister nature. I just think she's excited for us - she is that sort of person. And she wants the kids to be involved together, which I agree with as well. I do like her. I just at times find it a bit weird, all of us together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well, speaking as the ex, I know when I realized dd's dad's gf was going to play a big role in dd's life I did make more of an effort.

When I found out they had a miscarriage I was very sad, for the loss of dd's half sibling and also for her, as I'm sure she would have been devastated..

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DF's ex-wife turned around and said "Are you joking?" when he told her I was pregnant. I've never had anything to do with her or her children because she refused to let me near them because she's so spiteful. DF is going to put his foot down, it's been 2 years and it's time I started seeing the kids cause clearly ain't going anywhere and I'm going to be their step-mum.

I would be surprised if she wanted no contact with me at all. If I was in her position I would want to know that my partner still planned on being a father to their children and how the new wife / girlfriend felt about that. I would want to work out how birthday's, christmases etc would work and how to introduce both families properly.

Eko is offline Acrobatic Dominatrix.
    Winner 2012 - Most Politically Correct Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So it's basically a bit weird that she's suddenly all nicer and everything. I get that, I reckon it'd be weird for me too heh.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using BubHub

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe she feels she can relate to you now? And maybe she loved being pregnant so wants to share your excitement with you?