+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default What is it about female exes and sudden interest in you when you're pregnant?

Hubby's ex never showed any real interest at all.

Now that I'm pregnant, she seems to want more contact and all that. She's also being over the top friendly and the like with me, when there wasn't any of that prior.

What's the deal?

We live 3.5 hours away from her and the kids...and she'll text last minute saying, "If I come up this weekend, will you see the kids?" No notice or anything like that, and we've got things on.

I don't get it...anybody had this kind of thing happen?

It's just really weird hanging out - ALL of us together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I think it is normal, my hubby's ex dumped him then when he got a roommate or any female friend she pulled the I miss you card, she tried it when we got together and kept making excuses to try to see him until I called her and told her to get over it she is nothing and he wants nothing to do with her thought she got the picture when he blocked her from FB and WOW but she didnt give up argued with me for 2 days on FB about things lol after she hacked his FB account and saw the very sexual interesting convos we had and talking about marriage and baby she caught a clue and finally gave up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Maybe she's a bit worried that her kids will be forgotten about now That you and your DH have a bub of your own on the way?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Beachside Mumma For This Useful Post:

laurea  (24-02-2012),Ulysses  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Not sure

I'm not sure hey. She makes it difficult to contact the kids.

Ah well.

Hubby has been with me since my daughter was six months old, and he is her dad in every way. You think if there was jealousy from the ex and the kids, we would have heard of it before now, simply because of hubby's close relationship with my daughter.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm not in a blended family, so I could be naive. But could it be that your bub is going to be a half-sibling to her kids, and she's making more of an effort for their sake, or that she sees you as 'family' now that your kids will be siblings with each other?

I have a friend who left her DH but is now very close with his X. They get together on the weekends and have picnics so the half-siblings can play together and attend each others birthday parties (the xDH isn't invited to any of them).

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Lucy in the Sky For This Useful Post:

laurea  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default hey

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post
    I'm not in a blended family, so I could be naive. But could it be that your bub is going to be a half-sibling to her kids, and she's making more of an effort for their sake, or that she sees you as 'family' now that your kids will be siblings with each other?

I have a friend who left her DH but is now very close with his X. They get together on the weekends and have picnics so the half-siblings can play together and attend each others birthday parties (the xDH isn't invited to any of them).
    Hey Lucy,

Yeah, that could be right. It's cool having the kids and everything...it's just weird when we're all together and she's talking to my husband and telling him how great he was to her, etc.

I feel like an outsider. It's weird.

My hubby is friends with my ex-hubby and we all hang out, but I did not have kids with my ex-hubby, and ex-hubby and I don't compliment each other as such. We're just all mates, so it's okay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates79 View Post
    Hey Lucy,

Yeah, that could be right. It's cool having the kids and everything...it's just weird when we're all together and she's talking to my husband and telling him how great he was to her, etc.

I feel like an outsider. It's weird.

My hubby is friends with my ex-hubby and we all hang out, but I did not have kids with my ex-hubby, and ex-hubby and I don't compliment each other as such. We're just all mates, so it's okay.
    god ok so get over it he treated you well and now he is treating me well lol I would be irritated, keep it to the kids who cares how he treated her is she trying to make you jealous?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy in the Sky View Post

Yeah I agree ^ if my ex DH and his GF got pregnant I'd probably want to know more about his girlfriend because the baby would be my daughters half sibling which means the GF will be part of my life for the rest of my life as it effects me also. I wouldn't go all out to be best buds with the other women but I would make sure we are friendly because she's is now indirectly connected to me. The preggo GF will now be not just " the other women" but the mother to my daughters half sibling.

I believe it is normal behaviour and just appreciate that she is trying to be nice but keep boundaries. Hopefully she will calm down. Try not to pi$$ her off as she's probably going through her own emotions of dealing with this new change.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to designertaste For This Useful Post:

laurea  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews

Default Sure

Sure. She's not interested in getting back with my husband, because she is gay. She is in a relationship.

She left him as well for a woman, so it's not like I'm "the other woman" who ruined it for her. Just clarifying that!

Hubby and I have been together almost three years and married almost two.
    Last edited by Socrates79; 24-02-2012 at 16:00.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Socrates79 View Post
    Sure. She's not interested in getting back with my husband, because she is gay. She is in a relationship.

She left him as well for a woman, so it's not like I'm "the other woman" who ruined it for her. Just clarifying that!

Hubby and I have been together almost three years and married almost two.
    I guess then its just she wants the babies to be close or something

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lovemyfam For This Useful Post:

laurea  (24-02-2012)