+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 54
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

    Red face That awkward moment when...

    you turn up for a kids birthday party a day early. oh dear. i had the present in my hand too so it wasnt like i could have just said i was in the area and thought i'd pop in and say hello.

    share your awkward moments.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,862
    Thanks
    164
    Thanked
    497
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ha ha you are like me - I've done I twice - once a week early and once a week late!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    3,816
    Thanks
    379
    Thanked
    389
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I went to open day at my DD1's future kindy with a plate. Everybody else had packed their own morning tea in a lunch box, and I had a plate of pikelets

    I blamed the fact I had a 3 week old baby!

  4. #4
    London's Avatar
    London is offline “I think we're losing our sense of humor instead of being able to relax and laugh at ourselves" - Betty White
    Winner 2012 - BubHubber you'd like to meet IRL
    Winner 2012 - Best Avatar

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    11,392
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    4,936
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Love awkward moments!

    My most recent one was on Wednesday...and I shared it with my Facebook friends so I'll share it here too.

    That awkward DAY when your heavy set lecturer is wearing a 99.9% see through white, lace bra under her practically see through white t-shirt. Size, shape colour....they were all clearly visible....all day.

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to London For This Useful Post:

    chameleon  (24-02-2012)

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,976
    Thanks
    3,600
    Thanked
    894
    Reviews
    15
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    mummyandbubby, you do have the most perfect excuse to forget and come a day early though

    Mine are your generic
    Person 1: 'hi'
    Me: 'Good thanks, how are you'.
    Awkward moments.

    There was an awkward moment when my boss thought I'd said that my grandmother had died and told me I could go home if I wanted to, but what I really had said was that I'm really tired (cause I was pregnant.) Lol!

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to smallpotatoes For This Useful Post:

    chameleon  (24-02-2012)

  8. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    The Kimberley WA
    Posts
    4,622
    Thanks
    916
    Thanked
    1,180
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    all of a sudden I am hopeless of remembering dates, I now have a diary.

  9. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    darwin
    Posts
    2,583
    Thanks
    727
    Thanked
    650
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kimberleygal1 View Post
    all of a sudden I am hopeless of remembering dates, I now have a diary.
    haha see i would have to have a diary to remind me to write in my diary. im hopeless at remembering to write in them.

    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleK View Post
    mummyandbubby, you do have the most perfect excuse to forget and come a day early though

    Mine are your generic
    Person 1: 'hi'
    Me: 'Good thanks, how are you'.
    Awkward moments.

    There was an awkward moment when my boss thought I'd said that my grandmother had died and told me I could go home if I wanted to, but what I really had said was that I'm really tired (cause I was pregnant.) Lol!
    haha oh dear. you should have taken the day off haha (kidding that would be naughty!) yeah i guess i do have a pretty good excuse... she even said its the baby brain so i just went with it lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    Love awkward moments!

    My most recent one was on Wednesday...and I shared it with my Facebook friends so I'll share it here too.

    That awkward DAY when your heavy set lecturer is wearing a 99.9% see through white, lace bra under her practically see through white t-shirt. Size, shape colour....they were all clearly visible....all day.
    that would have been very awkward. what a pretty site... not. i hate when people dont pay attention to what they were wearing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pina Colada View Post
    I went to open day at my DD1's future kindy with a plate. Everybody else had packed their own morning tea in a lunch box, and I had a plate of pikelets

    I blamed the fact I had a 3 week old baby!
    hehe awww. baby brain and lack of sleep make for interesting times.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahly View Post
    Ha ha you are like me - I've done I twice - once a week early and once a week late!
    haha glad im not the only one to do it.

  10. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Launceston
    Posts
    13,466
    Thanks
    732
    Thanked
    2,355
    Reviews
    35
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Haha I have so many.

    To ease your pain I'll tell you my worst..

    I was in a book shop with DH and DD, I bent over to get a book and yep you guessed it... I split my pants!!! And they were NEW!

    I had to get DH to walk behind me the whole way back to the car and he would not to laughing!!!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to waterlily For This Useful Post:

    chameleon  (24-02-2012),Zombie_eyes  (24-02-2012)

  12. #9
    mummabec's Avatar
    mummabec is offline I could hold you for a million years, to make you feel my love
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    906
    Thanks
    141
    Thanked
    75
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I often say silly things like
    Person1 'happy birthday'
    Me 'you too'
    Lol
    Also last night at work I asked someone if they were at the scene of the crime instead of the scene of the accident lol

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to mummabec For This Useful Post:

    chameleon  (24-02-2012)

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Gold Coast
    Posts
    8,267
    Thanks
    309
    Thanked
    356
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BubbleK View Post
    mummyandbubby, you do have the most perfect excuse to forget and come a day early though

    Mine are your generic
    Person 1: 'hi'
    Me: 'Good thanks, how are you'.
    Awkward moments.

    !
    Haha I did this when I was last at Subway,the guy serving me says "enjoy your dinner" and I reply "you too!" d!ck
    Also when I said Happy Birthday to DS's kindy teacher,she replied "you too!"
    Quote Originally Posted by waterlily View Post
    Haha I have so many.

    To ease your pain I'll tell you my worst..

    I was in a book shop with DH and DD, I bent over to get a book and yep you guessed it... I split my pants!!! And they were NEW!

    I had to get DH to walk behind me the whole way back to the car and he would not to laughing!!!
    I have done this at work.Had to wrap an apron round my bum.
    DH did it at work too,everyone was giving him cr#p for it



    Once,I went to shops,headed back to car,put key in the lock and it wouldnt work took a few seconds for me to look down at tyres,and notice they were different.Wasnt even my car!!!! had to run away to find MY car,so awkward


 

Similar Threads

  1. That awkward moment when...
    By aquagirl in forum General Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 28-11-2012, 06:50
  2. That awkward moment when...
    By CluckySC in forum General Chat
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 13-02-2012, 19:39

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Softer than your bub's bum Boody Organic Bamboo Baby Wear
Australia's favourite eco brand has delivered a gorgeous baby collection. Made from organic bamboo, Boody's extraordinarily soft and stretchy, skin-friendly tops, bottoms, onesies, bibs and wraps don't 'cost the earth'. Get 20% OFF! Code BUBHUB16.
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Shapland Swim Schools
Semi private learn to swim classes for a maximum of 3 children in specialized heated teaching pools. Our swim schools are located across Brisbane, Ipswich and the Sunshine Coast, ensuring there's a school near you.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!