+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Yep, bub has dropped. Ooooh the pain!!

Someone please help me LOL!!

I am just under 32 weeks and over the last week or so have had a severe increase in pressure and pain in my pelvis and hips. Combine that with a little nausea and braxton hicks and all in all it's making for a very unenjoyable experience LOL!!

I see a physio every week for some slight lower back pain (basically an excuse for a weekly massage hehe) and she mentioned that bub is sitting rather low and may have dropped, and due to the nausea etc suggested I book in to see my GP and see if he thinks I need to see my Ob early (next appt is 05/03).

So went and saw GP yesterday, blood pressure & bub's hb etc perfect and he prescribed me some maxolon for the nausea. Then we get to the part where I lay up on the bed thingy so he can feel my tummy. I lift my dress and I kid you not his reaction is pretty much word for word 'holy cow how are you still working and functioning??!!'. Apparently bub has dropped RIGHT down since last time I saw him (1.5 weeks ago) which is why I'm feeling so much pressure in this area. He told me that I 'really don't have any room left in there' which is probably why I'm feeling nauseaous as everything is all squished up. Said there's not really much I can do about the pain / pressure in my pelvis except take a couple of panadol and hope bub comes early - and he said this could be a real possibility just by looking at me.

This is just a vent as if bub has dropped down so low and is causing so much discomfort, if I go full term how the hell do you deal with it? And if I'm out of room in there now what am I going to be like in 8 weeks time at 40 weeks??

A little worried about how I'm going to cope

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You'll cope, cause you'll have to.

Dd dropped down really early, it was 33 weeks I think? Fully engaged then, it was agony and I could barely waddle.

I carried her til term like that, she came on her due date.

Getting tubi grip from your physio can help.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to preggasaurus For This Useful Post:

Myshadowfax  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know - I don't really have a choice and that's what scares me so much LOL!!

I have a tubi grip thingy she gave me at my first appt - sorry to say its doing nothing so far

Still working full time + having horses that need daily care and attention probably isn't helping!!

Thinking it may be time to cut back on work hours.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You poor thing! I have no advice only sympathy i'm afraid. ANd you have to take care of horse on top of all being in your 3rd trimester? You're a trooper woman

As far as running out of space goes- just think about women with twins or more i can't even imagine what that must be like. Maybe your bub will come at 38 weeks? That's still considered term

6. The Following User Says Thank You to laurea For This Useful Post:

Myshadowfax  (24-02-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Laurea

I realise there's not much I can do about it but its still nice to have a whinge hehe.

I just keep telling myself I've had a really easy pregnancy up until now so I should be grateful

I'm going to hope for 37 weeks

And as for the horses, I think they need to get used to being a little more neglected - like maybe I'll cut them back to just one feed a day