Closed Thread
Page 96 of 112 FirstFirst ... 46869495969798106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nessie. Goodluck with the iui. If I can get pregnant naturally, anything is possible! You could even end up with twinnies!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet - I'm so sorry your friend has received that awful news. Cancer seems to be everywhere at the moment. I saw my accountant (a family friend) last week and he told me they have just found out his 18 year old son has a tumour in his lower spine. They removed it this week and the surgeon thinks it might be malignant I just wish the heavens would sprinkle some miracles down on these wonderful people

Alittleray - The clinics would prefer to have you use the donor sperm and freeze any resulting embies, rather than freeze your eggs as frozen eggs have a very poor thaw rate. I'm really sorry you are having such a hard time with your DH. I'm sorry your daughter is being affected by this too

Fiona - Your bub is obviously very comfortable I hope it happens for you soon.

MG - I know men can find it hard to form supportive friendships as they get older. It is easy when they are young and go drinking, but as they get older men tend to step back a bit. Women usually put a lot more effort into their community and relationships. Maybe he can do a part time fun adult education course that introduces him to other guys. I've noticed these schools are introducing male oriented short courses.

JFB - I'm really glad you are enjoying BFeeding. It is a big turnaround to your painful start, and I think you are definitely going to make 6mths plus. Lucky E

Nessie - Heaps of for your IUI. They can be really successful and I have had a number of friends who have gotten UTD thanks to a converted IUI

AFM -I'm 7 mths pregnant now Smudge is taking up a lot of room, and I'm so relieved to be here. It's still one day at a time, but I send a silent 'thanks' up every time I pass a week. I sold my old car and bought a newer one this week. Its a Subaru Liberty Wagon (same as a Subaru Outback but 2 inches lower). It's less than 2 years old, and is beautiful and I'm so glad I have it in time for bub.

Enjoy today girls!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Millie that must be such a relief. Hopefully you can relax and enjoy the last 2 months. Well done on the car. We are a Subaru family and they are such reliable cars.

Kel great news about H. Alittle I think what your proposing isn't ridiculous at all. You are clearly a wonderful mother and the desire to give your little girl a sibling is so natural.

As for my time in Melbourne yes I can't believe it myself. MG sadly only 3 nights but that's fine. I'm staying in the city and have a few hours free Friday morning (the 20th) or in the afternoon on the Saturday (the 21st). Not sure if that works for you or Alittle but it would be just so lovely to have a catch up if we could do it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja Fridays are good for me. Have both the kids so let me know when and where is good and we will look to catch up

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sonja, Friday morning is a good time for me, so that would be lovely if we could catch up then. Looks like BK is also free then, so maybe all three of us could catch up. . It's my birthday Saturday so not sure what the lay of the land will be , but if your afternoon is still clear and things on the home front are not flash, that may end up being an option too.

Millie, 7months already!! You must be getting so excited that all is well and your bubba will soon be here..... and a new car to boot.. how lovely

BK, Skittle... I like it! Good to hear H is doing a nice sleeping stint now. he keeps that up for you. Looking forward to catching up soon.

Amum, I agree with you. You're not being too harsh. I moved into the back room and told DH separation starts as of now. I get so angry and determined to finish this marriage when he goes into one of his dark moods, particularly when he ignores Amberly, but then he will come out of it and be so wonderful..... If I won tattslotto tomorrow or I had family to support me I'd be out of there, but in the cold hard light of day, I have noone to fall back on should I leave or get out and I would feel so incredibly vulnerable alone with a baby under those circumstances. I have to keep asking myself if I would really end up being better off without him or worse off. We are financially supported and I can spend all of my time with my daughter and have a man around to scare any dodgy characters off. Yes I could walk out of this relationship, but then I would have to work and put Amberly into daycare, maintain a mortgage, and be on my own with her with no family support. I would have noone to help me out if I'm stuck or things go wrong and I have never been one of those women that loves being on my own. I'm not good on my own. Don't get me wrong, I am very independent and capable, but I get very lonely. I am so very torn. If DH would just control his anger, life could be grand. If only I could find a way of turning off that switch in him. He is such a good man in so many other ways and adores our daughter and me... he tells everyone how wonderful I am and tells me too. He is not in any way physically abusive, but sadly the verbal and emotional is occassionally there .... he just lets that evil switch turn on when he feels he has been badly done by and spoils everything. I know everyone argues and sometimes I feel like I am perhaps overreacting. It makes it so hard to know what to do.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle. I hope I'm not out of order, but it sounds to me like your hubby maybe suffering from a mood disorder like depression, anxiety, anger issues or bipolar or something. Would it be at all possible to suggest he consult with a GP and get a referral?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - I too want a sibling for Evie, not that I'm greedy or anything, but she only has 2nd cousins at similar age but who knows if they will be there for each other once they've grown up. I worry she will have no close family when I'm gone. The need to try again is always there, it saddens me that I don't think it's going to be possible for me to try again, so I know how you feel in that respect. As for DH, I don't know what to say except I'm sorry you're facing a challenging time. Times like this take an emotional toll and can be very damaging to your soul, I hope it passes and you can get back on track with your relationship. As for coping on your own if it comes to that, it does take a bit of getting use to but I have been on my own for a long time now so I am very use to it, I think it would take alot of adjustment again for me to get use to having someone else around tbh. It's hard to leave security behind and quite scary but when you have to stand on your own feet you do manage. You have to weigh up the pros and cons and work out if it's worth staying or not.
    Your appointment with Dr Wazza sounded very positive, it's such a shame you've come back to a negative situation, I hope things improve on the home front and soon. I've also heard the technology is not good enough yet for freezing eggs, they're best to be fertilised first and frozen as embryos.

JFB - great the bfing has settled down for you, I remember once I'd reached the magic 3 month mark it got so much easier and I was glad to go to 6 mths as planned. I could have have gone longer except I just couldn't do the juggling act of expressing for daycare, I hated expressing and then I was worried about teeth coming which turned out to be for nothing as Evie didn't cut her 1st tooth until 11 months! she was chomping though which made me nervous to say the least.

Sonja - ooo that would be bliss to have a little break, you deserve it.

Millie - was just about to ask how you were going. Yes each week that passes you get a little more relieved. Have you decided on a name yet? New car sounds great, oh what I'd give for a new or better can than my little bomb..one day (sigh). Horrible news for your friend's son, just too young. Once upon a time I didn't know a single person that had C, but now it's far too often, even had a scare myself when I was 28 and lucky to be here, it's so frightening.

Fiona - Hope you haven't got a stubborn bubba there he must be just content. I'm checking in everyday to see if there's any news.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend...beef goulash is on in the slow cooker, smelling awesome.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - I was thinking the same as BK, just saw her post now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    alittle: that just sux about your dh....i remember being so friggin angry with my dh when he initially didnt want any more kids and i knew i would just do it on my own...i agree with kel tho does he have a mental health problem??? that doesnt excuse his behaviour but his moods sound very labile and unstable....i have a real issue with parents letting thier issues impact on thier kids...sure ppl have problems but do u know why he avoids little A.. and his behaviour is dreadful for her attachment. its hard when your dh can be so very good, yet so bad as well at times....i know.

excellent news kel....come on H its time to SLEEP like a good boy now.

did someone say earth mother.....LOL...i snuck in half a glass of red wine thinking i would have a good 2 hours b4 another feed..wrong...E been eating heaps..omg that wine was so good....sonja enjoy urself kid free.....its weird wehn i spent 3 nights ot my sisters last year....but enjoyable....

kismet: awful news about your friend.....i hope treatment can help her??

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (03-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Alittle Kel will pm you with details of what we've worked out for Friday morning.

Re your DH, I tend to agree with the others that it sounds like some sort of chemical imbalance behind his moods, particularly for him to stay away from A like that. As for what you do, that's something only you know. One of my oldest friends has decided to leave her husband. They have 2 kids together. He basically goes for days and days without speaking to anyone in the family (apart from the very basic necessities) and she's decided she needs to be either with someone who communicates, or she'd rather be alone. Her husband ignoring the kids has been horrible to watch and the kids get very upset at times. I'll only say this it's gotten much more difficult to ignore as the kids have gotten older.

I would definitely get into some sort of counselling if you do want to stay.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

Alittleray  (03-07-2012)