Closed Thread
Page 81 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So almost 7 weeks. It could be mild reflux, or silent reflux presents more around the feed but then the baby can settle quite well inbetween. Either way it doesn't sound like its bad enough to need to do anything about it. If it was I think you would well know about it by now. Apparently 25-50% of babies have reflux, but only 5% severe enough to be medicated. I think that's what I heard anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by blondekelli View Post
    So almost 7 weeks. It could be mild reflux, or silent reflux presents more around the feed but then the baby can settle quite well inbetween. Either way it doesn't sound like its bad enough to need to do anything about it. If it was I think you would well know about it by now. Apparently 25-50% of babies have reflux, but only 5% severe enough to be medicated. I think that's what I heard anyway.
    Good advice Kel. My CHN reckons reflux is over diagnosed these days and it's more likely a lactose issue that babies grow out of.

JfB I agree with Kel doesn't sound too serious but check it out with the CHN if you think it is.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jfb - I lurrrrve the love me baby swaddle. We have just swapped to a sleeping bag in the past couple of weeks. The swaddle was great for us, as spencer was a Houdini with muslin wraps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    FYI jfb, the swaddle also has a good resale value on eBay.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - hope you have been safe from the storms.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grace - sounds like a lot to deal with but 34.5 weeks is pretty good, my brother's triplets were born at 35 weeks and all were fine. Hope the time creeps up fast for you and your beautiful boys arrive safe and sound.

Millie - yes 34 weeks is the goal if there are high risks to mum or bub, that's when my great nephew was delivered.

Moon - thanks for the ebay tip for wrap me ups, I have one hardly been used, I loved it but E only got to wear it for a week before she got fitted for her brace then didn't fit it when she came out of the brace. I used a woombie then, loved them too.

Amum - I went there many years ago, but can't remember one ski field from another. I'm sure you will have a fabulous time no doubt.

JFB - I could not have managed without my dryer when E was 1st born being winter time. Now I am just used to having clothes racks up all the time to save electricity but with weather like it's been past week, the dryer has been getting caned.
    Evie supposedly had mild silent reflux in the early days, I didn't drink milk or have much dairy at all so couldn't really have been that, her paed suggested the silent reflux and to give her 1ml of mylanta (best to use a syringe) before a feed but E didn't take to this too well (don't blame her, it's foul) and I hated to give it to her. I was told about infant gaviscon which I found worked better and she greatly improved, didn't have to keep it up for long.

We have spent a couple of days with the lovely Nessie and Ash, the kids play so well together and were so funny and mushy mushy sweethearts , could even go as far as saying they enjoyed their 1st night out clubbing together , we were listening to some music at dinner last night and they were on the dance floor together, so cute.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, had to delete double post
    Last edited by blondekelli; 11-06-2012 at 20:52.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks girls, u get back so qucik with Q!!!
    BK: i agree, whatever it is it is mild....

sonja she is a snacker....i keep wanting to get her out of that but can only really do it if we are out and she is in the car /pram as she sleeps in both very well or the ergo but i cant hack baby wearing all day ! i think we all have had ti leave the kids crying for longer than we wanted at times...but im not kidding MIL is "tough love",,and she would gave have left for longer i have no doubt..we are talking about a woman who deliberately smoked when pg so DH would be smaller for childbirth ..ok ok im a pain wuss and they didnt have epi's back then so maybe i shouldnt judge but still....
    kismet: thanks i will give that infant gaviscon a shot maybe, not she seems too bad but if it makes her a feel a little better if worth a try.
    MG: i had the woombie last time, H hated it, in fact he hated anything that strapped him in but this swaddle is just fantastic with there little arms up....

i cant complain , she really is a joy of a baby...i have to admit after my initial OMFG its a girl shock im totally loving my little E. she is real little girl, right down to little squeals and i even got a high pitched scream the other day when i took her bottle off her...H was kinda getting in her face the other day and she gave him the filthiest death stare look. they say Taurus babies are meant be good.

sounds like Ash and Evie are great playmates

thanks girls.

gonna make an effort to get H to lollipops or something tomorrow,,,poor Kid hasnt been out for days with the cold/ rain / newborn....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

moon - I bought a love me baby swaddle so I am glad to hear they are good

Grace - you must have been well named ... handling being in hospital with such grace and patience.

JFB - lovely to hear you are in love with you're little girl - too cute. And good to hear she is already standing up to her big brother!

Went to the movies today with DH - thought we'd do the movies as a couple one last time!

Unfortunately I am sick ... sore throat and chesty cough - terrible timing.

Spent all of last night dreaming my waters were breaking, I'd get up and go to the toilet then go back to bed and dream it again!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona - you don't have long to go. I went to the movies today too, first time since Evie was quite little, this time without her, saw What to Expect When You're Expecting..pretty funny, I enjoyed it, could relate to a lot of it.

JFB - Evie was a snacker too and she was great going anywhere, she would sleep in the pram longer than she would at home so I made a point of going out as much as I could even if I had to wander around the shops to get her to sleep instead of catnap, she also loved the swing which helped my sanity a lot & get things done. She liked the movement, if I stopped the car she would squark.