Closed Thread
Page 80 of 112 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB three kids has taught me that the first 6 months after a baby arrives are pretty much about survival - getting through the day with everyone fed, watered, bathed, bums and noses wiped, and trying your damnedest to get a few smiles occasionally from one or both of them. Some days I don't succeed and others I get a few smiles. Some days I will be driving the car on the morning school run with kids in tears feeling like an utter failure, and wondering what went wrong.

But most days are wonderful now, and once you find your groove you'll be fine. I think I said a few months ago that I try and take pleasure in the really small things my kids do that make me or them laugh, like Marc constantly aiming his meals at the dog's head (usually getting a direct hit), and watching him and the girls go into fits of laughter, rather than stressing over the fact he's not eating.

washing is my one headache so (if I hang) I hang very carefully, and finish most things off in the dryer with tumbler dryer sheets that are impregnated with fabric softener, so I don't need to iron the clothes and they still look presentable - I try and find as many short cuts to doing things as I can - but it's bl00dy hard work.

We had a swing for Marc which sadly he loathed - I was praying that would be my saving grace. In the end he spent most of his time in either the baby bjorn or in the bouncer, and was fine so long as he could see me and I kept moving him about the place. Can you try E in the baby bjorn? I got one with the extra back support and it was great. I never found the Ergo comfortable for me, but as Scarlett hated it probably didn't persist enough. Your back will probably hurt at first while it gets used to carrying the weight, but in a week or 2 you should be fine.

Sounds like you're doing a brilliant job.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (10-06-2012),jfblady72  (10-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sonja. Survival mode. I love it, and I agree. The first six months is about survival I reckon. I've found the baby bjorn easier than using the double pram ATM when we go out. So H in bjorn and R in the pram. I love my milk stained, food stained, well worn baby bjorn!

Well Henry is 6 months in three weeks, so I will be expecting great things from him from here on
    Last edited by blondekelli; 10-06-2012 at 02:02.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (11-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick hospital bedside update from me!

Never a dull moment in here. Cervix has stabilized at approx 8mm (how underwhelming) but have new complication to add to GD & cardiac stuff. At 32 weeks the boys are still really mobile & classed as 'unstable lie' which means if I wasn't already hospitalized I would have been admitted. High risk of spontaneous labour & cord prolapse when they ate this mobile - so no more outside trips. I'm on daily scans & if they don't arrive before I will probably have Caesar on 27 June @ 34+5 weeks so will probably spend few weeks in special care.

On a positive note I've employed a nanny & getting all the details sorted for getting 'in home care' approval so at least I've achieved something in addition to incubation in the last 8 weeks in hospital (in between meltdowns).

Gotta go - next lot of obs due!

x Grace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow Grace. At least you are in the right place. 35 weeks will be fine for bubs. And great news re the nanny. I could do with one of those!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Grace - So glad to hear the boys are staying put for the time being and fantastic news on the nanny....she will be a massive help to you.

Jfb - You brought back so many memories of the newborn stage, i can still remember being in my PJ's at lunchtime...don't stress to much about it.....that time flys by and she will be a toddler before you know it.....

Not much happening here...I am however getting organised for our first family trip to the snow...I cannot wait, been out buying our snow clothes and tobbogans (?) for the boys.....we are staying at a fantastic resort called Lake Crackenback Resort and Spa...anyone been to it or heard of it.....I even have a spa treatment booked in......yeah baby....bring that one on.

Hi to everyone, hope you are all enjoying your long weekend and staying warm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Gee Grace, you are having a roller coaster pregnancy ride. I'm really hoping those weeks pass quickly and you get to meet 2 healthy boys soon. My friend (whose father is a gyno) did tell me that babies are done growing at 34.1 weeks and after that it is a bit of lung development and added fat. So they should have a great chance of wonderful health at 34 weeks You're handling it beautifully.

'Hi' to everyone else. Enjoy the long weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    good luck grace....the nanny will be a godsend. 34 wks for twins is a great effort.

MG, sonja, BK: we bought a dryer today....ive put it off 4 yaers but need one now. thanks for ur survival mode tips...i think part of it has been frustration just sitting and seeing all this stuff i want to do but it never happens. its just nice to know im not just hopeless..i think i had my mum and MIL "suggestions / comments" about housework stuff in the back of my mind and wondering why none of this happened...well i know MIL used to prop up her kids with a bottle while she did stuff..im surrpsied they didnt choke! thinsg have changed....im still told "oh just leave them to cry for 10 minutes...they will survive"....

i have a Q for those who have had reflux babies: E sometimes seem to writhe in discomfort when feeding...she never cries but seems unsettled some feeds and some nights she seems to be unable to settle for 1/2 hr after a feed due to writhing, little spews, looks a bit uncomfortable...its like she cant lie down until some milk has gone down...i notice it seems worse in a night feed so im not sure of she gets a bit reflux??? mild? or whether she just gets a lactose hit from my full boobs at night on an empty stomach??? i dont remember H doing that..hiwever..she is a good baby she is now sleeping 4-6 hrs straight stints in her first night sleep block...so not sure??? H was not a spewy baby at all so i dont know what this is...........

also: for those about to have a baby...someone bought me the Love Me Baby swaddle and im really liking them

amum: we stayed there a few yrs ago (maybe 8yes agp now!!!) it was really nice, altough it was summer time.
    Last edited by jfblady72; 11-06-2012 at 18:11.

Thanks
    Reviews
    How old is she now JFB?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB it could be a bit of reflux, but it might also be a bit of lactose intolerance. Do you drink a lot of milk? I cut back severely on the amount of milk I drank when I was feeding and it did help a bit. Also if she snack a lot she might be getting too much foremilk which is sweeter and can cause tummy rumbles.

As for the advice of your MIL, i don't go with the bottle idea but as for letting them cry for 10 minutes ... Guilty! There were probably more times than I'd care to admit to where Marc squawked whil I got something done. I made sure he was safe, clean and fed and sometimes I just had to put him down. Not ideal but not something to stress about if you hAve to do it. Well maybe not 10 minutes but 1 minute sometimes feels like 10.

Grace glad you got your nanny. Bug relief. Well done getting so far!

Amum have a great holiday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by blondekelli View Post
    How old is she now JFB?
    Kel she was born 24 April. Sorry for responding JFB just thought you might not get back