Closed Thread
Page 79 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Alittle. I too became pregnant on a cycle where I got on a plane soon after transfer. I also used a spa, sunbaked, lifted things and did lots of things I wasn't meant to. I agree with Sonja. If the embryo is strong and ripe to implant, nothing will stop it. I was about to leave my fs and seeDr Nick, but low and behold I became pg on my last cycle before switching. Monash are so expensive though. He will use the Colorado protocol. Lots and lots of drugs. And it will cost a bomb. You need to monitor your cycle as they can be a bit haphazard or blaze with your cycle but he does have a rep for getting older ladies pg. Goodluck xx (ps. Where I'm Melbourne are you)

Thanks
    Reviews
    re lite and easy...the meals have been ok, i personally would prefer more veges but i can add these myself i guess. the not having to cook or think has been excellent, very good timing to do this as the last thing i want to do is have to shop/ cook/ plan meals now that Dh is back at work that taste good and to lose weight....must admit i was hungry by 5.15pm and had dinner at 5.30pm and had to eat a snack in betwwen lunch and dinner that was designated for another day but hey im BF....they had a choc cake toda that was a bit iffy..but most "low fat diet: versions of such things are usually ****e anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BK, thanks for the heads up re Monash. Most posts I've read about Nick have been positive, some have said his bedside manner can leave a bit to be desired, but he's prepared to try different things and also does NK testing, so that's streets ahead of my current FS. I'm in Sanctuary Lakes, where are you?

Kismet, definately suss out the cheaper hosi - you never know, it might be better than you think, and they might have a better setup than your current clinic..... Having lab in a seperate building sounds a bit hairy, but then to be honest, I'm not sure if my clnic has the lab near where EPU is done. I actually never thought about that til you mentioned it. It is very frustrating though
    that we always seem to be a bit behind the times on the IVF front.... and I still don't get why they have to make it so expensive for us. It just seems so wrong.

JFB, that's the thing I loved about Lite n Easy..... It was just so easy. It's all there and ready to go so you don't have to think about food prep or shopping. You get a bit bored with the meals and some of them are a bit ordinary, but it just beats having to cook for yourself when you're struggling to find time for sleep let alone eating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle. We are almost neighbours. We are in Altona!

I've done lite n easy too. Worked for me, was usually better than what I can cook! Weightloss was quite slow though, about 1kg a week, but breast feeding will quicken that

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: there is RPA in sydney which is public too..my BFF is going there instread of back to private IVFA as she cant afford it. some of the public clinics have an age limit i beleive, 42??? which sucks. u would be welcome to stay here if u decided to go to westmead...even tho i live about an hr (sometimes i soooo wish my DH had bought that house in 1996 in Alexandria....i miss the inner west) away!

i had my post natal check on monday....did feel a twinge of sadness knowing i wouldnt be back..the receptionist asked 'so will we be seeing u again ?"....ummm no..maybe if i was 30.

5am and its wiggles already..H threw himself out of his cot..i forget to put rails back up....ooopppss
    Last edited by jfblady72; 08-06-2012 at 05:40.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

Kismet  (08-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    BK, Wow!!! You're just next door. Seriously, my earlier offer of being available to give you a hand or just to have a coffee and chat with you or whatever you need still stands. Please don't feel awkward about giving me a shout. I'll PM you my number and just know I'm here if you need. I'm still a SAHM, so pretty flexible with a very easy going bubs so it's no inconvenience. I also don't know your family or friends which can be handy if you just need to do a bit of venting.

JFB, ouch, poor H, I assume he's alright if the wiggles were on? A had her first real stack today... she has one of those sit on and push type toys and decided to try and push it along sitting on it backwards. It tipped up and tipped her out and she face planted. Lots of tears, but only short lived and she was off my lap and playing shortly after. Big red mark on her forehead, but doesn't look like it will bruise, so I don't think too bad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - 1st of many stacks to come unfortunately I think we suffer more seeing it happen. Evie's had a few already, 1st one was when sitting in a plastic wagon thing and she upended it and face planted and flipped right over, another time took a nose dive off the lounge landed on her face and flipped over (I couldn't catch her in time) and another time walking and holding her hand she tripped and scrapped her knee, was 1st time we got blood, I was mortified, then when it healed up she fell again and opened up the same spot, again I was mortified, I never want to see blood coming from her. The other day she was accidentally pushed over on a path by another kid and she face planted into the dirt and grass by the edge of it, actually had that crap in her mouth...thank goodness she didn't hit the cement.

Sonja - re the above, probably sounds like nothing to you, you've had some doozies with your kids hurting themselves

JFB - that's interesting about RPA, haven't heard that before. I read somewhere the other day online that the FS, Dr Smith at Westmead, won't treat 43+ women saying it's more humane not to treat them than watching them get disappointed each time, which left me feeling deflated and defeated . The counceller at my clinic said it's about a 1% chance for women over that age to get utd with own eggs. Not very encouraging is it.
    When I did weight watchers I often ate the frozen meals or lean cuisines which are rather tasteless sometimes but sooo convenient. Just before I had Evie I cooked up a storm and froze alot of meals so I wouldn't have to worry about cooking too much, best thing I ever thought of...I should do it again.

Another nose bleed tonight..Wtf is that all about....

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: ive been a bit hungry so far so ive eaten extra protein. the portions are smallish (maybe ive just eaten big meals for the past .....3-4 years ). ive never been a big frozen meal person but so far alright altho i can see how qucikly u might get jack of it....
    are u 43? i thought u were only 35!!! seriously ...42. i thought it was westmead that had the age limit , not sure about RPA...my friend got her appt actually moved forward from august to june so maybe they arent that busy. nose bleeds..dont know?

E slept for 5 hrs straight last night..........and thank god i was on the nod all day....really felt it since DH gone back to work. really faling behind in my washing....i just find the hours are flying and all i seem to maange to do is look after H's basic needs...feed the baby (she still takes a long time...an hr? is this normal?) , a shower for me and to eat lunch etc....and maybe get to hang one load out.....i feel like i must be doing something wrong??? E only has one big sleep in the day..i can carry her in the ergo but TBH my back hurts after a while , its heavy and im restricted in what i can do.....whatever.

Thanks
    Reviews
    You aren't doing anything wrong. E obviously likes a long feed. They will get shorter, and you will get stuff done. Try not to stress and know that it will get easier. You're doing a fabulous job JFB. It's tough. You are just getting your strides. I found I couldn't do too much with bub in Ergo. I find it ok if I am outside with Spencer and watching him, or if I am shopping. I can't cook or do stuff with him in it though. I move Archie about a lot....On the floor, in the activity centre, being held, into the bumbo, into the highchair - laid back when he was younger, into the rocker. I found I had to move him regularly. He also was tough to get a second sleep out of at first, so he rested in the rocker and would sometimes doze off. Have you tried a swing?? I have heard they are great to get bubs to doze...

Can you get someone to help with the washing for a while???

11. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (09-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. I hear ya. It is virtually impossible to get anything done with two babies. Especially from about 4pm onwards, it's chaos! Each child wants attention, they are both tired and grumpy and the dinner, bath, bottle, bed routine has to be gone through. I think you sound like you are doing a great job too. I find when I'm home alone with both kids if they are both awake, one is usually crying. I can't seem to make them both happy. It's very demanding. I'm using the dryer a lot as I just don't have the time to hang, wait for it to dry etc. I just bundle everything in and let it go! I can't believe how much washing is producedby 2 adults and 3 kids! Henry wants to be carried around all day- cracks it in the bouncer or on the floor for any longer than about 5 minutes so I get nothing done either. DH has only had both kids for short spurts of time and he knows what it's like so he wouldn't dare complain. Poor man hadn't had a hot meal on the table since H was born I don't think. Hope E settles for you soon and her feeds get shorterxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (10-06-2012)