Closed Thread
Page 78 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB that's great. Why did they think she did? Scarlett and Marc were both tongue tied and it was pretty easy to see. Scarlett's stretched and we had Marc's cut when he was 2 days old as it was so sever he couldn't feed properly. Go lite and easy! I've often wondered about it but being vegetarian not sure I'd get much out of it. Is DH doing it as well? I would love the idea of not cooking after cooking 3 meals most evenings!

Fiona enjoy every minute of it.

Well we're tossing up whether to get a golden retriever puppy. We know a local breeder who has puppies. I'm going around to see her this afternoon. I'm so torn about it as I know it'll be me that does all the work training her and we get so little sleep as it is but then I think it's so good for the kids and for us heck we're awake anyway what's one more reason? Scarlett's had a set backs with her TT (I think she stopped going to get attention and now she's forgotten to go altogether) so hey it's just one more bum to wipe! Aaaargh don't know what to do!

MG how did Archie go in his sleeping bag last night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sonja. You know me, I am a YES to the golden retriever . Zen, my most amazing but sadly passed fur baby was part lab part bull terrier and had the most amazing temperament. Just remember they are shedders though, which means they shed hair, and a lot of it, all months of the year. If you have dogs inside (which i know you will), the place will be covered in hair. Well worth it if you ask me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

Sonja  (07-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Thanks Kel. Yes I think we'll get one. We got a jack Russell puppy from the RSPCA last year and she's a joy, but I love a big, boofy dog. It's just a good thing I love vacuuming.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moon - glad you are on the mend. Those shows are Evie's favourites too, she dances around when they come on, she knows the music well, she really hates Mister Moon (don't blame her, boring as bat $hit) and carries on when it comes on, so funny.

Alittle - I'm with you on the 'getting past it' stage with our ages, makes you wish you could turn back time, it really hits you hard when the realisation kicks in about the age factor, it sucks. However, I'd still take a chance and go for it if I could work out how to afford more cycles, and I couldn't agree more, it all feels too hard sometimes. I wish I'd known about Dr Wazza sooner as I've just found out he's linked with my clinic now, kicking myself that I stuck with same old FS, so I don't see it any harm if you see the FS your naturopath recommends then if you need to see Dr Wazza, hope you can work out what to do.

Sonja - awww love goldies, never had one but would love one some day. Perhaps you could get one a bit later if they have more litters coming up.

bbl, Evie just woke up.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja the only thing i would consider is to get a boy. The two girl dog combo can be notoriously fraught with blues and agression. Boy/girl combo i meant to be much better.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Yes I want a boy, but Lucy wants to call it Crystal. I could always just not tell her he's a boy.

Our last 2 dogs were girls are they were fine together but would gang up on other dogs and be quite a handful when we went anywhere. I definitely think (like in all things) girls can be harder

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ness, spencer has been out of a bag for about a year I'd think. It happened accidentally for us. We went to the beach and forgot to bring a bag. We just dealt with it and never used them again. S was always pretty easy at the switch though.

Sonja - Archie did pretty well with the bag again. I think we are all systems go with it. Unfortunately he was really awake each feed, and then s decides he was going to be up for about 2 hours last night. I actually think he was too hot.

Kismet - ugh. Mr moon booooring. Evie and s have good taste.

We plan on getting a dog when Archie is 2. I've never had a dog before, so it will be a new experience. We have looked into border terriers. They seem really family oriented, and not so big and boofy, as some of you like them

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: go a big booft BOY dog. we had GSPs, 2 boys Harvey & Gus and i loved it. they were very nice natured tho. get the dog!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB, hope you enjoy Lite n Easy... I loved it. It was god send when Amberly was newborn and I find It is one of the few ways I successfully lose weight. I've done it a few times now.

Sonja, big boofy dogs are great. I've got a Keeshond, big fluff ball.. tad smaller than a Golden Retriever, but there is definately somethiing special about a bigger dog and big puppy hugs. A little sturdier for kids to clamber over too and they are often a little softer and gentler than little dogs. (depends on the breed of course). If you get a boy, you could still call him Chrystal and just shorten it to Chrys... Go on, get the puppy....

Kismet, yep the age factor really does suck, and it seems the more I focus on it the faster I get older I so wish it wasn't so expensive so you could go a few more cycles. I guess you could go public.... but you don't get to pick and choose. I wasn't even aware you could until my massage lady mentioned it.

I've managed to get into the FS recommended by naturopath towards the end of this month, so will see how we go. Will keep appointment with Wazza and think I'll risk the flight or try my SIL suggestion of train. Will decide as we get closer to the date. It's frustrating now that the momentum has slowed with swapping FS I'm getting more down about it rather than fighting to carry on like I'd usually do..... anyway, i've managed to get all my files from MIVF, so a bit chuffed about that and will pick myself up and get my positive hat back on again soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - there isn't a public system for ivf in my area, I've heard there is one in Sydney at Westmead but read somewhere the other day that they only run out of a public hosy so the EPU's don't cost too much for people without health insurance (I still have my health fund) , but the ivf treatment is only slightly cheaper because they are a non-profit clinic, I should ring the clinic this week and confirm what they do charge and whether my donor sperm can be shipped there. About the mini-ivf info, I've always wondered about sterile environments, whether it does have it's benefits, you would think so hey..the thing I don't like about my clinic is the lab is in a different building to where the epu's are done and i've always wondered how the eggs are transferred to the other building and it's an older building and the lab doesn't seem to be 'closed' off iykwim. Typical our clinics seem to be behind the 8 ball to some other countries.
    Sounds like you've got a plan now.

JFB - I've always wanted to know what the light n easy is like, how the meals taste etc, please tell me if it's nice or disgusting