Interesting Kismet Just another rhing to bonbard Hedgey with lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I meant thing, i can't type very well on phone

Thanks
    Reviews
    lochnessie - twinges? A few here and there ... I have no point of reference so no idea what is what - or what is going on in there! Trying to remain patient!
    37 weeks now ... so a bit longer to wait probably! Nervous & excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi all

BK: how ar u going?

fiona: anyday now ur techincally full term....

ok i have prob 3 minutes...first day home alone with the kids..H woke at 4.50am, did have a big sleep BUT of course that was just as bub wanted a feed and fussed over it ..i have managed to eat breakfast and lunch (hastily) and have a shower (but didnt get to brush hair or teeth yet)..H had one big tantrum but he hasnt been too bad..prob the hardest part is just the boredom...ffs if i have to wtach one more wiggles DVD im gonna be certified...wasnt prepared for that ...with one bub u can at least watch normal tv....blah blah. its quite hard just sitting and feeding when u can see so much around that u want to do....pretty tired as bub has chnaged routine past two days and i was used to it.......as long as non one says and or suggests anything about "doing housework" and setting "housework goals" then i wont need to flay the skin off anyone face....

MG: are u feeling better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls,

I just wanted to pop in and say G'day while I had the chance.

JFB - Your days sound incredibly busy. No one would dare mention 'housework'. I think 'Tim Tams' is a far more suitable 'thing' to mention

Moongazer - It sounds as though you have really been through the wars. Lets hope you turn the corner health wise soon

I hope Wazza doesn't retire, but know it is inevitable soonish as he's been taking longer and longer breaks (and his health hasn't been great the last year). He made a real difference for me, and if I had to try for a 2nd later on, I'd want to follow the same protocol. Not many FS's are into his style.

I'm getting heavier and more tired every day. I have my glucose test on Friday, and am already past the 6mth point. Doesn't time fly? It takes sooo long for us to get UTD and then the pregnancy flies by in a blink of the eye.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie that time has definately flown by. You're right pregnancy goes by way to quick, I loved being pregnant Did you get work sorted out?
    lets hope WAZZA can work a couple more miracles before he retires!

JFB is there a playgroup in your area? At our PG there are quite a few Mums with toddlers & NBs, it's a great escape for them even just for a couple of hours
    Ash is going through a very trying time ATM & I can only begin to imagine how hard throwing a NB into would be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB I agree with Nessie. I found with Marc if we got out for the morning the afternoon wasn't too difficult to fill. I took scarlett to ballet, library, play group, gym, whatever. Marc was always in the baby bjorn. It might take you a few days to get the hang of getting out but it's so much easier in those really early days when NBs generally sleep anywhere. It certainly helped thati had to get out of the house to take Lucy to school so we'd just stay out.

Don't get me wrong there were a lot of ground hog days and days where I'd look at my watch and think it must be nearly 2 and it would be 10am. I would just go

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: LOL yep there waas a fair bit of clock watching , cos the day started so early it felt so late but was only 10am.

nessie: yep there is a PG locally (for once there is something local)..i was planning to go to that and a few other things

got a cold now...........feel like $hit......boo. got slack and missed some boob treatments and of course I KNEW i could feel the thrush flaring up and sure enuf nipples getting red....****ing thrush is just so nasty, u just cant get a break from it. blah blah.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - have been wondering how things were going for you. Yes it does fly by fast, make the most of it, I loved being pregnant too.

Fiona - any day from now...hope you don't go over, I think that would be so frustrating...one of the best things I found with having a planned c/s was having a date set to be prepared, not that that mattered to me in the end I still wasn't prepared 3 days earlier than my final launch date when E decided to join me.

JFB - That's pretty good for your 1st day alone with the kids I reckon, except for having a cold. My tv is on the kids channel practically all day long if we are home all day, I don't pay attention unless E wants to sit on my lap & watch which lately seems to be the thing she wants to do and if I switch over when she's not watching she gets a bit narky until it goes back to her channel, she's such a box head. I don't put wiggles on much so it doesn't become sickening, Evie's thing is Sesame St, she loves it, and of coarse In the Night Garden. We have a dvd library of disney movies thanks to my mum, so I think they will be getting a work out soon cos I'm really over the box.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - thanks - yep starting to feel better. Poor DH is sick now, so hopefully that will be it for the year!!

Mastitis has cleared up. I had antibiotics for it and also went to a physio and had ultra sound and massage on it which REALLY helped. It really improved after that. Unfortunately I think I had a mild reaction to the antibiotics - more that they may have been too strong for my tummy. First night chucked and I chucked the last night I was on them as well. had to take them on an empty tummy and before bedtime - I think maybe I should have stayed up for 1/2 hour after the bedtime ones.
    I then developed more sh!te on Friday night. Had what I thought were cold sores, but were more ulcer like and I think they may have been related to the antibiotics now, as they are now clearing up. Also developed what I originally thought was conjunctivitis, but was actually a dendritic ulcer in my eye - basically a cold sore in my eye. i have had them a couple of times previously and they are a PITA to have and get rid of. They also can scar, so hoping there will be no scarring from this one, as it is a bit over my field of vision. Have to go back for my 3rd check up on Friday to see how it's going. I'm on eye ointment and tablets for that.

Sorry if I have repeated myself. Forgot if I had posted this info, and I'm only just really starting to feel myself again. Poor DH had to take Monday and Tuesday off sick to look after me and drive me to appts. Spencer got to see a real fire truck via Kindergym on Monday. Apparently he loved it. I was so bummed to miss out as I was really looking forward to going with him to it. He is obsessed with fire trucks atm.

Little Archie was transitioned to a sleeping bag last night. It was about the 3rd attempt to get him into it. I think he has finally realised it is better. He slept the best he has for AGES last night. He ONLY woke ONCE!!! Recently we have had visits from him 3 or 4 times a night and we are getting mighty worn down. I think I was becoming a bit of a dummy for him.

JFB - I think you did really well for your first day at hem with both kids. It's tough, and some days are tougher, but I mud say the TV is my best friend most days. Spencer and I have fights over it being on though. He is becoming obsessed with his shows - bob the builder, shaun the sheep, fireman sam(flower man sam heeehee)and mike the knight. Foxtel has so much of his sh!t stored on it. We keep it to those shows mainly and he seems content enough.
    I also agree with getting out in the morning. In the early days I was going to the supermarket. Baby and toddler confined to the trolley - happy days! We would have a baby cino afterwards, and sometimes a run in the park, which is near my supermarket. By the time we got home it would be time for a little play and then lunch and then off for naps. PERFECT!
    Then the arvo is quite copable.