Closed Thread
Page 74 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    kel: youve had such a hard time...and ur two babies being so close....its such a risk factor with having an unsettled baby and getting PND in fact i dont know how ppl with reflux etc babies dont get PND. i too am torn between thinking E "deserves" the same that h got and the feeling bad for H cos he is missing out and just wishing he would shut up sometimes when im feeding....such a balancing act, he has regressed a bit, he wants the babys dummy etc.....man i still think biology got it wrong...men should be able to BF 2nd, 3rd babies etc....BF should take 10 minutes max 3 times a day and babies should come with thier own individualised instruction manual at birth. there is no way u can appreciate every breathing moment of newborns but i agree i remember what sonja says about them being so young....it does go qucik (altho doesnt seem like it at 3am....) i hope u have lots of support right now and ppl are doing the right thing by you. . thanks for the info re the snacking...E did that today and TBH it friggin annoys me....i just expressed it 2day and make her wait a bit as it means u cant get nothing down at all when they decide they want to graze....not to mention soggy a$$ nipples.

kismet: i wonder if u can advertise to "share" a nanny..ive known a few ppl who have done that when they couldnt get daycare and had to go back to work. it must suck not being to get into more daycare ....do they know u need the days for work ie bumping u up the list above SAHM's as per should be policy??? we just ahd a guy come and fix our computer and take all the photos off it (wedding , H etc) as its dead....they should be able to get the files off it.

grace: glad to hear bubs are still staying put.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grace - good to hear from you and that things are not too bad! I don't know how you survive being in hospy for so long. Well done!

M4N - It must be some sense of relief having an official diagnosis for N. Now you can get help and funding for him, and you have an answer you can work with.

Kel - boo to the PND. I hope you feel better, and that R and H give you some lovely sweet moments to remember when you feel down.

JFB - Hope E stops the snacking. So tough when they like to hog the boob at bedtime, when you want to give some loving to the other child.

Amum - hope you have got yourself a fabulous handbag.

Kismet - the idea of a share nanny is great. I wonder what options are out there. Sometimes we have to look outside the box.

AFM - yay for me. I finally have experienced mastitis. OMFG - it canes....and comes on so quickly. I was so surprised how I went down so fast. Lucky it was at night when DH was home. I had a massage at 4 and thought my boob hurt, then had dinner about 5:30 and a shower after and then was shaking uncontrollably. I was SOOOOO cold. I had a singlet, t'shirt, jumper and flanny pants on in a flanny bed with Archie lying beside me feeding, and I was STILL shaking. Got the A/H doctor out and DH went to an A/H chemist for me. Had a couple of vomits overnight. My boob is still very tender, but I can do stuff now.
    It came on at the worst possible time though. We had booked Spencer in for occasional care today (good flukey timing) as we were meant to be going a funeral for a friend's dad. DH went to it. It would have been too long for Archie anyway. The service too 2 hours as they also had the rosary, and then as they wanted a private burial, the mourners filed past the family to give condolences. The church was full. It holds about 700 people, so it was PRETTY busy. His Dad was quite prominent in the Italian community here. Anyway, DH has gone back there tonight for a couple of hours. It apparently got a bit dramatic at the burial where Mrs P dropped to the ground and was quite inconsolable. It's quite hard. This is the 2nd parent who has passed away, the first being quite a few years ago. I guess it's going to become a little more common unfortunately.

Thanks
    Reviews
    moon: god ive heard mastitis is truly awful and makes u EXTREMELY sick....wonder what brought it on??? glad u felt a bit better. sorry to hear about ur friends dad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had gone out to dinner the night prior, JFB. DH gave Archie a bottle of EBM, and silly me should have expressed when I got home. He didn't wake until about 5 for a feed, but I thought he had drained the area. I guess he didn't drain enough away. My ob had previously said that if I got mastitis to just call her and she would write a script without me needing to see her. I initially thought I would be ok to wait until morning. I realised pretty quickly I would have been toast if I had waited. Glad I called the doc.

Thanks for the condolences! Apparently Mrs P fainted. She has a habit of throwing herself on graves, and had done it to her mother and her sister's graves. Apparently Mr P told his sons to watch her, as she'll throw herself. I couldn't help but have a little chuckle at that! Still watching out for her even when he had passed away.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Moong im glad you had a little giggle about the funeral goings on, as i was feeling a little guilty that i thought it a bit funny! My Aunt dud the same at my Uncles funeral, also Italian & just a tad dramatic. When my Uncle passed she told me she was so shocked, ummm he was dieing for 6 years!
    Mastitis sounds awful, glad you acted quick.

Kel you really deserve a break, im so sorry you are going through such a c**p time. Life really is no bed of roses. My beautiful Mum used to say ' life isnt one big happy ride, you have to treasure the happy moments as they are a gift' i thought she was bonkers at the time, but now i know how right she was.
    We are here anytime you need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy B'Day Nessie, hope you had a great day xxx

7. The Following User Says Thank You to amum21 For This Useful Post:

lochnessie  (01-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moon - yes I've heard mastitis is very nasty and does come on quick, alot of women have told me they usually get a headache just before it comes on, did you get that? About the funeral, very sad to see someone grieve so hard but a little funny and kind of sweet your friend's dad said what he did, so Italian though to express themselves like that. I went to a funeral of my friend's grandmother early in the year and what really surprised me was my own emotions, I didn't know the women but I was so overcome with emotion it was really weird, I was rather embarrassed actually when my friend saw how upset I was and I had to explain that what was said in the eulogies about her grandmother reminded me so much of my mum and I had a sense of dread that I was going to have a bad year, so far it's turned out to be not so good. Very weird.

JFB - yes they know I want to look for work but there's still a waiting. Wasn't aware you could do shared nannying, will keep that in mind. I'm thinking of looking into home daycare until something more reliable comes up. But I'm trying to stop getting myself in such a flap and worry over too many things at once, I kind of lost the plot yesterday and couldn't stop the tears, everything is just getting to me right now.

Nessie - hope you had a lovely birthday despite not feeling well, xx.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

lochnessie  (01-06-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy birthday nessie!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Happy birthday Nessie. So sorry not to be able to catch you this trip. My healing has been very slow and I wound up in tears this morning my face is so swollen and sore. I saw the periodontist again and he said it was the most severe swelling he'd seen but I should come good in 48 hours. Hope you have a lovely trip down Margaret River. The weather should be cracking this weekend.

MG wow what a week. Are you feeling better? The funeral reminded me of one of the opening scenes in Get Shorty. No disrespect intended.

Kismet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Nessie, hope you had a lovely birthday

Sonja, that sounds very painful... hope the swelling is subsiding and you're feeling some relief.

MG, hope the mastitis has eased....and yes, thank goodness you saw doc quickly. I had mastitis 3 times and it really does creep up on you very quickly, but thankfully it generally subsides quickly with antibiotics. Hope it's settled down for you.

Kismet, that's so frustrating re laptop. Hope they manage to sort out virus issues for you. Just on the child care front. Have you cinsidered family day care? It's cheaper and if you really like the carer, it can be a nice option.

M4N - thinking of you after DS1s official diagnosis. Would be hard hearing that about your beautiful boy, but it is good to know this early as it can make a real difference getting him the help he needs early in the piece.

BK, Sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time. Would love to be able to help in some way... and if I remember correctly you're a Melbourne girl, so please feel free to PM me if you ever need a someone just to chat to or even drop in and help out. I'm a SAHM, so am here if you ever need. It's Sometimes nice to have someone who's not too close to you to call on when you're going through really tough times.

AFM, nothing much to report. Have to wait until August to see new FS in QLD (probably on my own as DH is not allowed to take leave for the next few months - they've enforced this across the board at his work). Just to make life interesting, we've heard rumour that new FS may be retiring at the end of the year. Aggghhh