Closed Thread
Page 73 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB it sounds like what's she's doing is really normal. She's almost 6 weeks? She'll be having a pretty huge growth spurt at the moment so might be why she's sucking so much. If it's really getting to you do the ff tonight and give yourself a break. She's still only really little so things will change soon. I saw a 5 week old baby this morning and felt such pangs as Marc is now almost 15 months and I'm never going to bf another baby again. I used to spend hours each evening feeding and rocking him. I'll never get that time again so I tried to relax and just enjoy being with him.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (30-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    M4N sorry to hear about N's diagnosis, but at least now you can look into getting the help he needs. I have 2 nephews with aspergers and know how tough the diagnosiit can be to accept. It sounds like you and your DH are the right fit for him though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    thanks sonja: most nights i dont mind (too much)....but ive run out of recorded shows on foxtel IQ to watch!!!!!!!! i hope they start (embarrassing shows i like) such as aust next top model soon, (so so bitahcy reminds me so much of high school) um....miami vice (but later series,...with lots of psycho killers.)....and tragically The Waltons i dont mind.......what a BOGAN lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. If you're ok with it keep doing it. The midwives at sleep school advocate the feed, play, sleep routine where you don't feed again before 3 hours, preferably stretch to four, that way baby doesn't snack. Maybe you could express for that feed so you know what she's getting? Henry would do the same thing but he was comfort feeding and it would make his reflux worse.

M4N. It must be a double edged sword getting the diagnosis. Very hard to hear, I can't even imagine, but at least you know what you're dealing with and can hopefully get some early intervention.

Sonja. I will try and remember your beautiful attitude while I'm up feeding and settling Henry tonight and tomorrow night. Ive been diagnosed with PND, so sometimes I'll admit it's hard to appreciate everything. But I try and remember that this moment will only come by once and in each moment I can decide what I can do for myself and those I love.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. Forgot to mention, early days with H I was watching (umm series linked) old episodes of fantasy island and the love boat, and got right into the real housewives of Beverly Hills hahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Oh Kel I'm so sorry. I hope you didn't think I was trying to minimize how difficult this all is. I know what bl00dy hard work newborns and babies are. As most of you probably know I have loved my breastfeeding relationships, but even then with Scarlett it was very difficult as she and teeth very young and bit me til I bled. She wouldn't take a bottle at all so I had to keep going til 12 months and my nipple was hanging by a thread. I used to cry during every feed, and tbh resented her.

With Marc I found it hard as I had other kids to get on with and no DH around to help. I had many feeds with Scarlett crying on the other side of Marc's door, or sitting beside me in tears while I fed. I was complaining to an older friend (who's got 5 older kids) that I didn't have time for the constant feeding, and she was the one who put it that way, that all I had to give Marc was my time, and all else could wait. I guess it helped me understand that without me Marc wouldn't survive, but everyone else would.

Marc still doesn't sleep through, and most nights we have Scarlett wandering around the house and awake and keeping us awake (even after she goes back to sleep in our bed). DH and I are zombies some days, but I just try and remind myself they're only little for a short time. When I take Lucy to school in the morning and go to give her a kiss some days she moves her face so I can't kiss it and nicely asks me to leave. And she's only 6

I hope things improve with H's sleep and for you generally

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja honey I wasn't offended at all I truly think you have a beautiful view on the hard times. I would love to be able to feel like that. I do definitely feel that H has to come first, that strong mother/baby instinct to protect beyond all else, then I feel bad as I feel Ruby is missing out. It's hard having enough for everyone. I thought your advise beautiful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies - a quick hospital update & hello from me.... On iPhone & brain is definitely double baby brained!

I've been following everyone's news on email but finding it tricky to post on phone - reception is intermittent on my phone grrr....

I've now been in hospital for 6 weeks & will be 31 weeks tomorrow. Cervix is still closed & boys are scanning ok but still very mobile & no one is plugging my cervix so can't go home yet :-(. Will still be on bed rest til they arrive which could be anytime over the next 5 weeks. The longer I incubate them the less time they'll spend in special care so it's all for a good cause. My GD is slowly getting less controlled as they get bigger & I regularly hypo as these boys suck all my glucose out of me if I don't snack. I seem to have skipped the hungry phase of pregnancy & don't have any room left now. Nausea has returned with a vengence...

Have been spending my time trying to recruit a nanny to help us out when we get home which is great fun in my hospital room complete with bed hair.

I've been following all your posts & just cant keep it all in my head so wish everyone the best & my thoughts are with you all (even if they are really scatty).

x Grace

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Grace - So lovely to hear from you and to find all is ok still...well sort of, not the nausea or GD...but boys are doing well xxxxxx

Kel - I am a HUGE Real Housewife fan....I loveeeeeeeeeeeee all of them, Atlanta, Beverly Hills, OC you name it i watch it.

Sonja - I get sad to when i see newborns too, oh if only i was younger

Jfb - Beautiful pics on FB....baby E is so gorgeous

Hello to everyone, gotta go, just been to playgroup and have one tired little man here.....badly needs a nap

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK - sorry to hear about the PND, you have had a rough time I really hope everything turns around for you soon. We are all here to support you the best way we can no matter what.

Grace - great to hear that things are mostly going well, it might be a hard slog but will be worth it.

Amum - me too, I get pangs all the time when I see new babies, have even teared up a bit lately cos I really wish it was me.

Sonja - I love your wisdom.

My laptop has been in the shop for over a week full of viruses, so much for virus protection! I'm hoping it's salvagable, all my photos and vid footage of Evie are on it and was in the process of backing up when it crapped itself. I will be so upset if I've lost all of them, and it's costing about a weeks income to repair, actually I'm going thru money like rice in a femine atm, it's really stressing me. I've started looking for work but can not get anymore days at daycare at present so pointless to look for work until I can book days in for Evie which probably won't be until next year. Will have to look into more options.