Closed Thread
Page 71 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB. I scuzzed around hospy in pjs, thongs, singlets and maternity tshirts. And Ruby is going through MINEEE also. And nobody is allowed to touch anything of hers without her permission or her suggesting it too. Every single thing seems like a battle. Food, nappy, dressing, eating...Sonja please tell us this gets better!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Ha ha ha I share your pain!!! Sadly it lingers til they're about 3 and a half. It's been different for me because Lucy was 3 and a bit when I had Scarlett so we were right at the end of it but this time Scarlett being the middle child doesn't really fuss too much about the whole "mine" business. The thing that mainly does my head in is the obsession with being "first". Lucy Was obsessed with being first at everything and now her and Scarlett fight over being first at EVERYTHING. it drives me bonkers. I have to take them out of the bath at the exact same time, they have to get in and out of the car at the same time etc. it's not everything every day but it's often enough to drive Dylan and I mental some days.

I can't believe I'm going to go through it all again with Marc he and Scarlett have already started fighting over toys and me. Very draining

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot - Sudocream for bubs bum, and the muconium (sp?) poo sticks to their tooshy very much like $hit to a blanket so I was glad I had my own wipes (non fragranced) cos it was the only thing that got it off, even tried wetting a cloth thingy the hosy gave me with warm water but didn't get it all off either. Evie had a beanie on for the 1st day only cos she needed to get her body temp up but after that they told me only use beanies or cotton caps on them outside as they can overheat inside. Actually I didn't use any after hosy bcs when I went to get some everywhere had sold out and summer items were coming in, Evie was born middle of winter. Definately get little mittens or onesies with sleeves that fold over their hands, E scratched her face all the time. I also found she still needed socks or booties on over the onesies, her feet use to still get cold. I personally hated the flannellette wraps (which I was given a heap of!) as they have no give in them, I found the muslin or stretchy cotton ones the best, get the biggest ones you can find cos they always manage to get out of them if the wrap is too small. You probably don't need too many small newborn clothing (ie 0000) as bub will grow out of them pretty quickly, it will largely depend on how big your baby is, I didn't have any 0000 and had to get 5x0's cos E was tiny, then once she had her brace fitted I could only fit 000 on her, then when that came off she was back into 4x0's and she was in them until say springish and she fitted 000 for all of summer, but she was a pipsqueek (she's almost 2 and still wears some 0's).
    For constipation (most people get it after having a bub) I used Normacol, hosy gave it to me and I got some from the chemist and used it quite often and it's gentle. I've never had a UTI so been pretty lucky there.
    I lived in my pj's 1st 2 days in hosy then used normal comfy clothing during the day, mostly wore button up tops to bf in. I couldn't go without maternity singlet tops at 1st before wearing mat bras, but I also got a comfy maternity crop top (sought of looked a bit more like a training bra) to feed from especially at night cos I leaked milked everywhere I had to use breastpads and this held them in place. It was the most comfortable thing to wear.
    I have found the biggest waste of money was getting a cot quilt set which was pretty expensive cos it was the one splurge I really wanted, have never used it cos Evie kicks off blankets and sheets, I used sleeping bags when Evie was old enough to roll over on her own, at the moment I use the snugtime winter ones and throw on a blanket if I think she needs it once she's asleep or when I go to bed. Her room is heated by a small oil heater with a timer so it goes on when I want it too when the temp usually drops below 17 deg. It keeps her room temp between 17-20 deg (I have a temp gauge in her room). This was fantastic when having to get up for night feeds in the middle of winter. The other useless things that I was given heaps of were fleecey blankets, I hate them. They're stiff and just plane useless, I prefer the cotton blankets, I think they're called thermal blankets, can't remember.
    If I think of anything else I'll post it.

JFB - sounds like you are getting there with the bf. Haven't heard the term bush pig for ages...cracked me up. Mum is ok atm, but her memory is really starting to get shaky. Took my dad off to a urologist the other day about his prostate but wasn't happy that the dr told him that bcs of his age they usually don't do anything about it, didn't even recommend a biopsy to see if he actually does have cancer or not, a biopsy is the only way to find out. I thought doesn't he get a choice ffs! He could be worrying that he has cancer and might only have some sort of infection, I don't think he needs to stress about something if it's not necessary, so I've booked him in for a 2nd opinion but can't get in until August.

Night all, I'm really tired so bbl. Just to let you know, I'm a full on daggy bogan right now, have my trackies, fleecey jacket and slippers on, nothing even matches

Thanks
    Reviews
    Omg. I'm dag o Rama ATM. Trackies, tshirt and hoodie. Actually my pjs. Haven't gotten dressed yet!

Yep. Cracked up at the bush pig comment! You are a funny one jfb!

Kismet sounds like things are still quite stressful in your neck of the woods. Pity about the uro guy fobbing off your dad. I know that prostate ca can be very slow growing, do a lot of men die WITH it rather than OF it iykwim. A second opinion sounds great. If there is a benign growth there making if rough for your dad to wee there is an op which can help. Not sure of your dads age or health though. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    question fro those who have done TT...my friend has been tiolet training her DS (same age as H) for about 3 months..she says that it takes "months" to TT. her DS still has a wee or poo accident every day which she said is normal????..and she stcisk him on the potty every 1/2hr etc.....am i dumb cos i thought TT meant the child could tell u they needed they go??? i also thought it can happen in a few weeks not months...ireally hate the idea of having to take a potty to ppl places and sit DS on it in the bloody loungeroom....i may be a bogan but i draw the line at public dumps and lugging a potty around!!! is this normal or do i have my hopes up? i personally suspect (tho would never say) that her DS was not ready to be TT????????? does TT take months and what age did u do it if it only took weeks?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB a couple of weeks max. Any longer and the child isn't ready inho. I admire your friend's patience.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I thought it only took a couple of weeks too

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've heard a couple of weeks. Any longer and they're not ready. Something has to physiologically change in their brains for them to know they are about to pee. If you try before that you are wasting your time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok good....it kinda freaked me out TBH the whole production with the potty etc cos i thought i cant do that for months!!! but i thought 20 months was a bit young esp for a boy....H is only just starting to "get' what a wee is where it comes from etc let alone full on TT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    JFB I always aim for the first summer after they turn 2 (appreciating every child is different). You've got ages mate.

TT is one of those many areas where parents love to puff their chests and tell the world their 9 month old is TT'd and it's all down to their brilliant parenting when in reality it's a pile of bull dust.

He won't be starting pre primary in nappies, so don't worry.