Closed Thread
Page 70 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My top tip is buying cheap old flannel nappies as chuck rags.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to moongazer For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (26-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    spot: agree, get some nappies..i use them as covers for change tables too. use them all the time. also stretchy cotton wraps, i never hardly used muslin (maybe cos i had cold waether babies). ergo baby carrier..both my kids hated the baby bjorn, tried an ergo today and baby fell asleep within 3 minutes. and i swaer by merino kids sleeping bags when they are about 5+ months (thanks to sonja who convinced they were ace).

alittle: good luck with your bubbly...oooh im wanting one now too. hope the break does u the world of good and a new look with wazza.

amum: did u get your handbags???

afm: turned a corner with feeding..no sheilds now and bubs attaching well..seems easy now. pity no time to express tho. keeping the thrush at bay just by making sure i put on daktarin gel on bbs after EVERY feed..cant miss it otherwise it comes back. also got her feed time down..she was just using me as a dummy....down to about 45 mins and she is pooing less (it was just going stright thru her b4) . H has been having big tantrums tho....obvsiouly he is jealous and feeding is sometimes a test with him constantly whinging and chucking wobblys, he didnt go to bed til 11pm last night....he lost the plot.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Spot my tip for hospital is take vitamin C (for healing and to generally protect you), some form of constipation relief, ural sachets (if you have a Caesar you will have a catheter and this helps ward off a UTI), big knickers (big w or Kmart are best as you'll wear them for ages (if you have a scar) and then never want to see them again), slippers and maybe a warm cardigan or dressing gown (the rooms can be freezing). I took clothes for the baby but used the hospital blankets and wraps it was just easier as they didn't get mixed up in the washing. A small light or a torch can be handy for finding your way around the room at night or for reading if you can't sleep.

Take some food with you but not too much as you might find you go off things in the days after giving birth (I felt nauseous at the sight of chocolate after lucy, and I luuuuuurve chocolate. But you might find having something extra in the room helpful if you wake early as you might not get breakfast until 8. There's usually a parents kitchen where you can make toast and a coffee which can be nice when you're up and about or DH can get it for you.

Where are you having the baby?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB great to aar about the breastfeeding. That must be such a relief.

I loathed the ergo but I think I used it too late with Scarlett as she never settled in it even when she was in front of it. I also felt odd having her on my back once she got older and she hated it too. I loved the baby bjorn with all 3 particularly when they were front facing. It's good when you get to try these carriers out first I bought a few different ones and wound up selling them or passing them on.

Sorry H is having a rough time it's no fun.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot. You're delivering at Freemasons? The rooms are generally warm and they send you a little list of what to bring in. I didn't take as much as they said, just heaps of singlets, onesies and wraps. I lived in maternity singlets and comfy pj pants or trackies (sorry Sonja). Def buy some lansolin (sp?). And yes buy cheap knickers 1-2 sizes bigger than normal and you can chuck them as you go! And yes to ural is ceasar. I had a uti for about a month afterwards.

Henry is going back to old behaviour so I am starting some tough love. Settling him, patting, shooshing, and letting him cry, otherwise he just goes mental til you pick him up! Arghh! So frustrating and exhausting!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alittleray - Wazza is the BEST FS ever. I ended up using donor eggs, but you got me UTD first time whereas the FS before him (at the same clinic) didn't using the same batch of embies. He will do everything he can for you, and I wish I'd used him much earlier (he was my 4th FS). Good luck

JFB - It's great to hear your girl is settling down to, but sad to hear your son is ramping up. He's reaching 2 so maybe that has something to do with it as well? It's a difficult age

Spot - I'm delivering at Freemasons too. I think a warm dressing gown is essential, plus easy to unbutton tops, and loose bottoms (especially if you are having a CS). Slip on walking shoes, and socks for you too.
    For bub, wonder suits, cotton separates, cotton caps/hats, and socks/mittens if the wonder suits don't have sock ends. They can scratch themselves easily and are born with longish nails sometimes. The nipple cream is a good idea, as are the big undies Maybe face moisturiser too as the heating can be drying on your skin.

Does anyone here use MCNs? I attended/hosted an MCN party on Saturday and wondered whether they are are worthwhile.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Yep Freemasons it is for me. Thanks girls for the tips so far. Adding to my list of...

All very exciting.

Oh Millie we might meet in the halls depending on dates

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Spot the food at Freemasons is pretty good so you should be right there (or it was 3 years ago when I had Scarlett). I got myself some nice post baby lounge wear from Peter Alexander for my time in hospital. Once you're up and about I didn't want to be in pjs all day (partic as you get visitors) and they had some pretty nice pieces you can mix and match.

Firm feeding tops for the first few days when your milk comes in are a must in my book. I stayed right away from singlets for the first few weeks as you can need good support and if the top is too loose or you get a lot of milk you can wind up with mastitis. If you look at Zodee or Queen Bee they often have comfortable and supportive feeding tops.

Thanks
    Reviews
    ok well bogan story part 565....i free boob all the time when breastfeeding.....i actually hate wearing bras when BF..i was such a bush pig i didnt even wear one in hospy or when we have visitors..ive decided its along the lines of not shaving under ur arms..ppl may be grossed out but cant say anything or just think ur a hippy.....

BTW sonja..i bought a pair of fleece lined trackies from..............Millers (shriekkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk in horror.....i went in disguise ) LOL. re the baby bjorn....i also found that i was very uncomfortable in it...the strapping across the front squashes my boobs....prob why my kids dont like as i felt crap in it too. i agree try some friends ones if u can spot......everyine has thier special fave things for pg and babies.

kel: we had to do tough love and hard core settling to get H through his nighttime bottle dependancy....it was either that or go insane.

kismet: how is ur mum going?

milli: wow time is flying for u as well.

nessie: are u currently on a health kick / break? i hope u dont have to end up going to wazza tho.

mmm yes well the terrible 2's have hit as well as sibling jealously..everything is MINE MINE MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE........we had luch at a cafe and every plate and every drink at one stage was MINEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE screaming at the tops of his lungs..............E decided on the 7-11.30pm feeding business last night and woke every 2.5 - 3hrs for a feed....such a diff when u dont get 3 hrs straight sleep...gotta stop this and try to get her down by at least 10.30pm...i know they will gradually sleep earlier but omg for 13 hrs all i i did was feed and then sleep....by the 10am feed i was sorry i need my boobs back girl...here have some formula and i'll pump instread...i couldnt face any more baby on boob!!!!!!!!!!.............its sooooooooooo boring (no earth mother here im afraid).

11. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (27-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    They have a chef at freemasons. The food is yum!! I ordered entrees and mains for lunch and dinner and fed me, my mum and DH everyday. I could have stayed for a month! Almost makes me want to go back for a third...almost, but not quite!