Closed Thread
Page 68 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB mi

I started topping Marc up with formula for his evening feed when he was about 8 weeks old. I was just too busy with the other 2 and couldn't give him enough milk or time. Sadly for me it didn't seem to make him sleep better but it was so much quicker and easier and I least I knew he was going to bed on a fuller tummy. I would also get Scarlett to bring his bottle into me to involve her a bit more and that was something she loved doing for him. It also meant someone other than me could put him to bed.

Good luck and it sounds like you're working it all out. We still have some bad days here and it's hard to see the forest for the trees sometimes

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    AMUM - I was so upset watching that, sadly the world is full of disgusting and selfish people and the ivf world isn't immune to it. I couldn't agree with you more. I have sometimes got online and posted comments to 60 mins at stories that disgust me but this time I was just to upset to put it into words. It's unbelievable.

Moon - I went to gp access at the hospital on Saturday and my mind was put to rest, Dr there said I had only ruptured the membranes in my nose and it's not related to the cluster of migraines I had, apparently there is some nasty viruses going around that are causing alot of the varied symptoms I've had the past week. I have to say it's probably the sickest I've been that I can remember. Getting on top of it now thank god.

Spot - I read that on fb, how exciting and congratulations that you're having a baby girl. I agree on the scans, things are not always what they appear to be, well they got the sex wrong for a start didn't they!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. Im feeling your pain. It's a completely different issue bf with a toddler at your feet. There isn't the time to muck around with a needy toddler. Do what you need to do. But know that you have given E a great start. I couldn't go as long with H as I did with R. I don't regret it at all. And as far as the dining table. Well that is insane!! Leave her with your two kids for a few hours and ask her how much housework was done!

Yes 60 minutes was very confronting and hard to watch. I also hate that it gives IVF a bad name.

Hi to everyone else. We are doing much better. Henry slept from 8pm til 3am last night!!! Amazing!! His eczema has cleared totally now he's on the Neocate. Going home on Thursday. Hopefully for the last time!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Kel that's wonderful news re H. Good luck going home.

Re 60 minutes. Seriously it's no better reporting than A Current Affair. I didn't watch it but it sounds like they didn't do a great job reporting fairly. I fully support a women's right to choose and shows like this really upset me as it gives IVF a bad rap as well as women's rights.

Thanks
    Reviews
    BK - glad to hear H is improving. Sounds like you are working it out.

Sonja - have to agree with you there too. I was thinking that sometimes people have to make the choice for very good reasons and would be very heart breaking but the show was very one sided and specifically zoned in on what most people believe are selfish reasons such as lifestyle. I was also thinking it's probably no different to someone choosing to have a termination but they're choosing to terminate more than one and to keep one, which made me think why the hell would they put so many embryos back in the first place if they weren't prepared for the risk of multiples which is what angered me. I mean I was a little panicked about putting more than one back but that was a risk I was prepared for and wouldn't even contemplate changing it if both took.

Well I find out this morning slapped cheek is going around Evie's daycare at the moment and I think that's what she has had the past week now I know what the symptoms are. Poo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Kismet poor Evie (and you). Thankfully we've dodged the slap cheek bullit so far but it's so contagious and often you don't know they have it until it's too late. I hope she's better soon.

From what I've read of the 60 minutes story, the interview sounded very sensationalist. Why show scenes of an abortion for any other reason than to turn the audience against the women who've had the procedure? And I don't know what they classify as "lifestyle" reasons but if she was going to suffer severe PND then maybe it was the right decision? When we had the transfer that resulted in Marc we had 2 put back in but the 2nd was very low grade and our FS said it wouldn't take but would support the better embryo. Now if they'd both taken we would have been stoked but maybe other people in that situation wouldn't feel the same.

It's a horrible topic when so many people are desperate for babies so I odn't want to go on about it anymore but it just confirms for me why I never watch shows like that they just infuriate me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - you've been through a rough trot lately. Poor little Evie. I hope she feels better. And I'm so glad you are feeling better too. Sounded pretty scary.

Kel - for H and for going home soon.

Wish we could give Archie a formula feed now and then. We tried to give him one before we went to Melbourne in March, and that was a failure. I now express, but he faffs about and fart arses around. Last night I went out to the movies with a friend. Archie woke at 8 (ummm...when does he EVER do that??) and DH couldn't settle him. (something that drives him mad...Archie JUST. WANTS. B00B.) So he heated up a bottle of EBM, and when I was walking in the door at 9:10, he was just starting to take the bottle. He had fluffed about and screamed the house down for about an hour. As soon as he saw me he stopped eating and giggled until i gave him b00b. On the other hand, my sister baby sat him the other night, and gave him a bottle successfully. I think he figures if DH is here, then I'm around somewhere, so he will hang off until he can get the good stuff. A bit frustrating. He is WAY more stubborn that Spencer ever was.

60 mins story was totally sensationalist. I couldn't watch the termination. It was too stressful, but they certainly chose 2 people that the public would be totally unsympathetic towards. There are reasons for reduction, and it focussed on this as if it was different from full termination. The woman who was saying that the baby was "tissue" until it was born was a bit much for me. You have your reasons for doing it. Stick to the reasons and don't let anyone make you feel bad. I think she was coming out with those ridiculous comments as she felt threatened. The reporter certainly was obviously biased. There was never explanation either as to why there was a wait for the 12 weeks scan. Obviously to check for trisomy risks and to pick the healthiest foetus. If I was in that situation, I don't think I could do it, but I certainly understand people who need to do it for their sanity or medical risk.

Thanks
    Reviews
    kismet: ill have to look up slapped cheek not sure what it is but going by the title....H has had very red cheeks the past few days???

kel: u guys sound like things are definately on the up, way to go big sleep!!!

alittle: ....how are u holding up?

afm: E confuses me....each time ive her her a bit extra EBM or extra formlua she has chucked up....is she just a confort sucker i wonder? we got our appt for tongue tie clinic in about 2 weeks. she has been fussing with the shield now so ive had to ditch it....she struggles to attach sometimes that side biut is better than what she was.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - I thought it was teething but her left cheek gets really red and hot like it has a fever of it's own, it didn't occur to me until yesterday it could be anything different. I am going back to our dr this afternoon and will get her checked out while I'm there. She's had a cold for nearly 2 weeks now but by the time the red cheeks appear the contagious part is over, I was just concerned bcs I read on the net it can be dangerous for pregnant women and we've been around my niece that already has complications with her pregnancy, I'd be very panicked if we have put her and her baby at further risk.
    I believed Evie was a comfort sucker and put her on a dummy to save my nipples. I mean most of the time she would only feed 15-20 mins bcs I had so much milk, she was getting it quick so I began to wonder when she started to suck, fall asleep, suck, fall sleep etc whether she was comfort sucking. It was confirmed by a CHN that she was comfort sucking after watching how she was swallowing when I fed her. I often wondered about tounge tie but it was never brought up as a possible problem.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - your niece should have had bt for parvo virus immunity for pregnancy screen. If she is immune, then if evie has slap cheek there is no issue. It's actually pretty hard to get, but yes, if evie has it you would need to let her know. It can cause severe anaemia in foetus.