Closed Thread
Page 66 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I live in leggings. Is that what you mean by tights Kismet?

I am a total leggings tragic...they go with everything, summer with thongs, winter with boots. They are the legs version of the ahh bra. So versatile.

I do on special occasions breakout the jeans, but yes, the muffin top fills me with so much confidence during the day that I rip them off as soon as I get home!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Oh Kel don't get me started on my other favourite fashion topic ... Leggings as pants . Basically, if you can see the camel toe, cover it. I have heaps of leggings but I find now I'm back to pre IVF weight I'm a jeans girl through and through. They just hold all the jiggly bits in. I do find though these days I love a high rise. No muffin top with that all sucked into place.

And yes Fiona there are no rules when you're pregnant and it's cold. You do what you can to survive.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS i got shoes for my b'day wooooooooo hooooooooo but not off DH......my boys gave me a voucher with ALOT of money on it...I want an expensive handbag - or two....BUT what i really got was a surprise party last night here at home organised by my beautiful DH....i had no idea and had been at work, so came home looking all feral and everyone was here.........it was a great night and got more pressie's......

As for trackies - again - i have them on.....i don't totally rule them out...gotta have a least one pair

Fiona - I loveeeeeeeeeeeee my dressing gown as well.....go girl power

Jfb - I'm totally embracing it......it's a great age. I think the 40's are more about knowing who you are, not putting up with $hit and not really caring about what other people think.....and last but not least.....being a mum

Hello to everyone, thanks for the b'day wishes....hope you are all having a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    HAPPY 40TH AMUM!!! I hope you had a great surprise party, what a sneaky husband you have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha. No camel toe here Sonja. All marched with long line singlets or tops

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to blondekelli For This Useful Post:

moongazer  (19-05-2012),Sonja  (19-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Amum - well said about the 40's . Nawww, how awesome is your DH for doing that for you. Hope you had a nice time.

BK - yep leggings/tights. I do wear them but sensibly like under a long top or dress and I like them tucked in boots too, I loved them when I was preggers. As Sonja said I can't stand it when you see people that shouldn't be wearing them wear them like pants with the camel tow on show not to mention when you can see coloured undies or just bare skin thru them cos they're stretched to oblivion over someone's cottage cheese @$$, eww.

Fiona - nothing wrong with that, spent many times in my pj's and dressing gown all day when Evie was a newborn. My SIL and her daughters practically live in their pj's, it's just a given thing in their household, something my brother mentioned at his daughter's recent wedding and he said he almost fell over when his sonIL decided to rock up at their house one day in his pj's and ugg boots to watch dvd's cos that's what Ash (my niece) wanted to do.

AFM - feeling alot better now except for this hacking cough, oh and a little freaked out cos now I'm getting nosebleeds when I blow my nose, not sure what to make of that after having these headaches, can't get into Dr today. Feck, I was almost too scared to go to sleep lastnight incase I didn't wake up, all sorts of things flashed in my mind. My biggest fear is something happening to me and Evie is wandering around the house alone and I'm not found for several days....stupid and morbid I know...but it did happen to someone over Easter and the child was only 2 and survived on easter eggs for 5 days.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    A girl at work has been handing out stickers that read "Leggings are not pants" ahahahahaha I so agree, long tops etc are fine over them tho.

I am a closet home only trakkie wearer, I feel overcome with guilt if I have to dash to the letterbox in them. Rest of the time it's jeans etc.

Ahahaha Fiona you made me laugh.

Amum 40 is just fantastic, I am thoroughly enjoying it...well 41 now actually. The thought of turning 40 was more of an issue then the reality.

AFM - well our little girl yes the boy is now a girl. Lady-boy I call her sometimes... well at the 22 week scan my scan Dr apologised and said its 100% a girl and showed us 3 stripes, my mum cried as she has 3 grandsons so she is chuffed. I am thrilled as it proves my gut instinct was right!

My DH is thrilled either way. His little girl, she already loves to boot him and touch his face when he lies it on my tummy.

But at our 24 week scan the Dr found she is 11 days behind in growth and is a bit worried, and also that her heart is tilted to the side. So in 2 weeks we are having a heart Dr come in to the scan to look. Neither the scan Dr or my Obs are overly worried.

My Obs is not worried about her growth but will of course keep an eye on it. He siad in the past a pattient had a tiny baby, they had to take her out early and when they did she came out perfect size!!! So scans are never 100% and my fundal height is around 27 cm.

Well that is about it, getting big now and finding i cannot do things so easily now

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot - OMG now a baby girl....how lovely for you and your DH....ok i admit it, i'm crying happy tears........as for her growth and heart as you said and said it correctly scans are never 100% and i bet at your next scan she is perfect...in every way but at least they are keeping any eye on you both.......god i'm so happy for you xxx

Kismet - I saw that on TV and cried, that poor baby on her own....do you have someone that you can make a plan with to ring each other everyday just to make sure all is ok....i know it's not something that you want to think about but having a plan is a good idea when your on your own.
    When i lived on my own my mum would ring just about everyday......just to check on me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    congrats spot on the pink surprise!!! hope everything is ok with her heart.

ok....my DH has this thing about camel toes.....he is obsessed if he 'spots" one on tele (aka will pause the TV to show me it etc)..and he finds it highly entertaining to pull up his trackies and give himself the mutha of all camels.....trust me...yes its a BAD look..its the stuff of nightmares .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet - take care. If you feel worse, go to the hospital. Better safe than sorry. Is your bp normal usually??

Spot - a girl. Exciting times ahead. In so over the moon for you and dh.

Amum - sounds like you for spoilt. Xx