Closed Thread
Page 57 of 112 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    the 3rd trimester has been called a "disease" LOL for a good reason! i worked til 36 wks with DS and 37wks with DD...both times i struggled i will admit particualrly this time as had a toddler as well and i can tell u i did sweet FA at work the last 2 months i was there.....u gotta remember that ur sleep is stuffed, ur carrying a whole baby, ur bacl / posture is out. its exhausting. honestly u could suck it up i guess for $$$ but seriously why bother, its only one pay....i ended up having 5 weeks off b4 DS arrived and was NEVER bored...go the movies, go out for dinner etc trust me u wont get a chnace for ages...i only had just over 2- 3 weeks this time and never got everything done.............i had to dragggggg my a$$ outta bed everyday....it sucked.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Fiona with DD1 I worked until I was sent home at 39 weeks and 3 days. I was a very senior lawyer at a top tier law firm and I was surroundered by wonder women who gave birth the day after working til 2 am on a deal. It was the female equivalent of the big swinging **** male lawyer mentality. And you know what? I was a mess. I had bronchitis, which after enduring a 30 hour labour developed into a UTI and then pneumonia. An absolutely dreadful way to start life as a first time mother. I was in and out of hospital, nearly died while walking Lucy one day (had to be taken to hospital in an ambulance) and felt so disappointed in the whole experience that I cried for weeks.

If I'd had my time again I would have finished at least 4 weeks earlier.

You will never get this time to yourself again. In 6 weeks time you'll have a little baby who will be with you for years. You won't be able to go to the toilet alone for at least 4 years.

I know my case was extreme but no one gave me a medal for working myself into the ground, and no one at my office really gave a f###.

If you stop work now, who cares what anyone says? You know yourself what's in you and your baby's best interest. Once you're a parent everyone tells you what you should or shouldn't be doing with your baby anyway so maybe look on this as practicing getting used to telling people to shut the f### up and mind their own business.

And you will survive financially. Do a budget, then halve it. You'll be fine.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

blondekelli  (07-05-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Agree with what everyone else said. Plus the first 4 weeks after giving birth you don't leave the house, barely out of your pjs so you don't spend much money!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessie. Henry is thriving. He is a gorgeous strong little boy, but boy is he hard work! Only sleeps half hour after a feed and that's it till next feed. And I can only feed him every four hours, so it's a struggle. I hate the 30-40 min sleep cycle thing. It six! He crashes at about 7 though then we have a feed around 11 and one around 2. No signs of sleeping through at all, but he's got a whole 7.5kg to look after so he needs to keep his strength up! Great news about DH. You must miss him like mad.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi mummies on this thread.... sorry to gate crash...

Just wondering if you ladies here can help with this.

I saw a product called tummy shield which helps to hold seat belt down while travelling in the car. I am not sure if that is really a necessary item to purchase with tummy getting bigger, esp when I am the driver.

http://www.tummyshield.com.au/default.php

Is there any of you who uses that and find it indispensable? I tend to be a bit paranoid but if it is not necessary and if most of you drive wo any issues, then I will give it a miss.

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Hi there

I didn't use anything to help driving during any of my pregnancies - didn't feel it was necessary.

So long as it complies with all Australian safety standards and if it would give you peace of mind I couldn't see any harm in having one.

Good luck - there are a lot of so called safety things on the market for pregnancy I personally didn't worry about anything.

Sonja

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive never used anything, just keep the belt nice and low. Third Tri driving is very difficult though!

to ruby today. A big 2 year old!!

Its times like this I am extra extra grateful to have my little baby Henry, as my other baby seems to be growing into a little girl before my eyes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Happy birthday Ruby

Yes I know what you mean Kel. While I'm glad to be out of the first year with Marc I just can't believe the baby years are almost behind me. Goes far too quickly.

Hope she has a wonderful day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY RUBY
    Fiona - I finished work at 36 1/2 weeks, but by 34-35 weeks I was struggling to get around despite mostly sitting at a desk I still had to get up and down alot plus I was just shearly exhausted by the end of the day and from the interrupted sleep getting comfortable and getting up to pee. I was really looking forward to the next few weeks but I only lasted another 10 days before Evie arrived 2 weeks early and I really feel I didn't get enough time to 'chill' before she came. Don't worry about what you perceive other people may think, who gives a rats what they think, believe me I think you will be grateful to give up work earlier rather than later. You definately won't be going anywhere much for awhile to spend any money and you really don't need much money for a new baby, I only needed to spend it on nappies initially.

Got to go, Evie is wanting my attention...well she has missed me I guess cos she's been at daycare today.

Thanks
    Reviews
    happy 2nd birthday ruby!!!!!!!!!!!! big girl now...they lok so big next to a newborn.....

mum2ds: i never used anything extra for driving.

sorry quickie....e put on 260gms this week which is good...but she is still not latching correctly.....the lc at clinic wonders if she may have a posterior tongue tie as she continues to clamp the nipple especially on the L bb....so will refer us to westmead to get assessed...........