Closed Thread
Page 56 of 112 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - Ohhhhhhhh she's so gorgeous suits her name too. Sorry Bf is being such a pain in the, well, t!ts, remember it does get better, but don't beat yourself up about wanting to change if you need to. Perhaps when H is awake when you're feeding sit him in front of some crayons and paper, E loves this, I sit her in her highchair when I need a shower and she happily scribbles away, I find if I try to do anything in another room etc she will just want to come and find me so this is a good distraction for her.

Thanks everyone, I am ok, it is what it is, I've had my own little melt down, just got to move on now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB you'll work it out. In a month's time you'll be almot fully recovered from the Caesarian and E will be a completely different baby. I found with Scarlett she would not be distracted while I was feeding Marc (she would get increasingly upset if I tried to) but was ok if she could just sit beside me while I fed him. I'm not going to sugar coat it and yep some feeds were horrible and we'd all wind up in tears but the majority were fine, and if they weren't I wouldn't have continued.

Use the next few weeks to watch what H is like when you're feeding and maybe as the weeks go by get DH to leave you with the 2 of them more often so it's not such a huge shock when he does go back to work. BF is great when everything works but if it doesn't my god you've already persisted when so many would have stopped and there aren't any medals for putting up with hell just so you can say you did it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. I also bought a tin of formula for those feeds that I just couldn't bring myself to do! Personally I think it's good to get them used to formula and bottle early on so you have options. Hope the shields are helping. They worked wonders for me. I used them for about two weeks until I weaned H off. He was fine. Still happy to latch on to the boob and he was a little stronger so not as much trouble.

Ruby just learnt in the end that when I was holding Henry she couldn't have my full attention. Thank god for the wiggles! She was very young so adjusted really well. She loves 'Heyee ' as she calls him. But when he's asleep ( which isn't often lol) I give her my undivided attention. But I do still stress out on the days I'm home with both kids on my own as Henry won't go down because Ruby's so loud and I end up carrying him round all day or just having to leave him in the cot sometimes screaming because I have to feed Ruby or something. Anyway, it is tough, going to work is easy peasey in comparisson, but you do work it out and it's beautiful when they start interacting with each other. Ruby always tries to shove the dummy in his mouth or pats him on the head when he's crying or covers him in a blankie if he's kicked it off in the bouncer. Makes it all worthwhile.
    Last edited by blondekelli; 06-05-2012 at 08:19.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls

Jfb - She is gorgeous......try not to stress about bf'ing......if it makes it less stressful and easier for you then maybe put her on formula full time. Don't feel bad about it, do what makes you both happy xxx

Hello to everyone, hope you have all had a good weekend

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    JFB - she is adorable! All that gorgeous hair!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB she is adorable!

Fiona not long for you now, I bet you can't believe your soon to be a MUM.

Kel how is Henry going?

Sonja I dont know how you survived the last few years, it must be nice to know its all behind you.

Kismet meltdowns are always good.

Alittle GOODLUCK for tomorrows scan.

Only three more sleeps & DH will be home YAY!!! it's been a very long three weeks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - hope things get better and DH stops chucking and you get break!!
    E is beautiful. Such strong features and g o r g e o u s
    Re feeding, like the others have said, see how you go. You have to do what's best for you. S just carries on now when I feed and watches tv or plays with his trucks. If he is feeling vulnerable, he sits right up close to me while I feed. At first he started getting a bit tetchy when I fed Archie and he didn't have my attention, but got over it soon enough. Like Sonja said, there were times we all had tears in our eyes, but we managed. You will find your groove, whatever that may be.

I like Kismet's idea of sitting him in a chair with crayons, play doh etc, although, Spencer would have gone nuts if I did that with him. Other people have a box of special toys which only come out when they feed.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So I need a little advice regarding when to stop working...... Sorry long post....

I am now 33 weeks, and have been traveling really well, but this past week has been a bit tough with feeling tired and sore. I am a teacher and education department says I have to finish 6 weeks before due date, which would be the end of this week, unless I have a doc note to say I can work longer. I am doing midwife visits, and have an app with them next Monday which is into the week I am officially supposed to have stopped. I was thinking I could get a note then to continue work for another couple of weeks, taking me up to 4 weeks before.
    Why? Basically money ... It would be an extra pay ...
    DH does not earn enough to support all our expenses so once my maternity pay finishes, 6 weeks after birth, or 8 if I work these extra 2 weeks, we would be living off savings until the start of next year ... And whatever payments we can get from government.
    Is it worth pushing through the tired and discomfort to keep working ...
    Or am I better off finishing early and staying at home to be tired and uncomfortable ...
    I am really not sure ... I feel a bit lazy if I just finish at 34 weeks, and will worry a bit about finances, but will cope I am sure .... I am also worried about being bored.
    If I stay working I am worried I will be an exhausted wreck, and I think what if I have him early, didn't get enough time to laze around beforehand! Lol
    so the things holding me back from finishing at 34 weeks are worrying about the money, and worrying that people will think I am lazy and weak!

Would welcome your thoughts ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona - this is my 2 cents worth...

STOP working!!

When I was working with DS1 pregnancy, I was meant to finish a 34 weeks. I started really stressing and feeling the pressure. I am an RN, and worked in a busy outpatient unit, so not really on my feet, but certainly there were a lot of pressures in clinic.
    When i got GD I flipped a bit. Hormones certainly played a part, but having to go through all the IVF rounds, then having a high risk for Downs Syndrome and then getting GD threw me over the edge!
    I left early, on the advice of my boss and nurse manager. They worked out how I could get a sick certificate to take me to my planned mat leave date.
    I do not regret it one bit.

I felt SO guilty at the time. I felt I SHOULD be able to do it. Pregnancy is not an illness. However, it was the best thing for me.

I needed time out, and was so glad I got it. I rested, and nested and felt ready for bub to come when he did.

You'll get sick of people saying it, but I would say get some rest now.

You'll be able to stretch financially, but you won't get this time back.

You should be getting the Commonwealth PPP too, don't forget that.

Are you able to live off your wage at 1/2 pay??

Sorry - now typing one handed, and getting too slow.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Don't underestimate the toll pregnancy takes on your body.

I kept saying to DH, but so and so worked until x weeks, and he would say to me, "but she's 10 years younger than you. Be easy on yourself".