Closed Thread
Page 52 of 112 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    kismet: i know...i dont know....i started putting some daktarin gel on my bbs yesterday and after a while it did look an feel better...however the LC weighed E yesterday and she had lost a little bit of weight in the 2 days home from hospy and was still jaundiced as i was demand feeding her and she was only wanting it every 4 hrs....so after a night of giving her more feeding , at least every 3 hours (setting my alarm to get up.... sucks) more bbs feel tender again this morning. the LC given my history of thrush that i may as take a prophylatic approach and use the gel and meds on myself...she couldnt see any thrush any E's mouth so i dunno. E seems to visually attach ok and she sucks REALLY hard (LC says it looks like blood blisters on my bbs!!) but my nipple still gets slightly flattened when u look at it...its like she isnt getting it back far enuf into the soft palate..anyway its giving me the right $hits, i hate being in pain and wondering how long this will last for....really cant enjoy bf right now at all and had a migraine all night as well. sob sob sorry for the whinge, just over BF at the moment!!!
    good luck for your BT.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB did your pump arrive? Sorry I'm probably not much help as I can't really remember the early days and all my kids fed well without too much trauma. I do know I used Lanisoh before and after feeds for the first fees weeks which helped. I know a lot of women swear by nipple shields (most pharmacies sell them). Good luck and I hope you and E get this sorted very soon.

Kismet how are you going? Still sane?

Alittle have you started Elonva yet? Can't wait to hear how it goes.

Nothing to report here. Quiet morning then taking S and M to swimming lessons after lunch. It's been over 5 years since I've done swimming lessons where I've had to get in the pool (we didn't bother with Scarlett while we were in Melbourne and then DH did it and now she's on her own) so I'm dreading getting into bathers in a cold toilet block. Marc's nearly 14 months old and I don't do any form of lessons or classes of any kind for him so I think it's time I started.

Hope you all have a great day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks sonja...i too thought this time would be easier but so far feeding her has been harder....i did have some old cortisone cream i used on my nipples with H and i think that stopped them getting really sore,.....my pump arrived just in time omg the relief.....i was like a kid at christmas..seriously tragic. she had one boob then drank the EBM from the other and didnt even quite finish the bottle (left about 5ml) and the fell asleep. i think i will express on that side until its nearly healed and then start all over again and get some nipple shields.

as for lessons, H hasnt done any yet either....we just havent had the time . i was hoping to do swimming this summer and maybe take him to little kickers soon..its just a bit far away, i wish there was more local stuff around here.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet, I honestly don't think there is much difference between Elonva and any other FSH drugs, it's just the bonus of not having to stab yourself every night. Will be interesting to see if it's enough to get my follies growing.

JFB, Can you just feed her on the side that is not hurting and express the other side for the time being until it heals and feed that to her via bottle? I remember having similar issues along with mastitis, and just gave up on the trouble making boob and ended up feeding her from only one boob in the end. It's funny, because after I decided to do this, one of the lovely midwives at the Mother Baby Unit, said she had to do the same thing and just ended up feeding from one boob.

Sonja, yes, had my Elonva injection this morning and then had to race straight off to my last day of work placement . I've done my 140hrs, so now I am free to spend time with my gorgeous girl again, and who knows, maybe my relaxed state may help with this cycle. Injection was a little stingy, but not bad. The nurse had to do it as apparently the way they've packaged the injection is a little elaborate and confusing for the general populas. I now don't need to worry until next Monday when I will have a scan to see how I'm going. Kinda nice not having to jab each night, but other than that, I don't think this drug does anything super special. Pharmacist was kind enough to give me a fair bit of information on it, so will be reading up tonight. How did the swimming lessons go? I hope you found a good bather strategy for the cold old toilet blocks. Can't imagine trying to juggle getting in and out of bathers with 2 littlies running around as well.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Well we had swimming lessons.  Marc was terrible.  It was his first lesson and he completely refused to participate.  He wasn't crying just shouting and shaking his head. When they did that mat thing at the end where the babies are supposed to crawl to their parent he sat in the middle and shook his head refusing to budge.  When I tried to encourage him he just shouted at me and shook his head.  It was a very tiring 30 minutes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls
    Sorry been MIA again, bloody computer is playing up, I have to get on dh's iPad when he gets home of a night.

Jfb welcome home, can't wait to c some pics of your princess....

Kismet I have everything crossed for u....

Well my baby has had his first day at daycare and he lovedddddd it....only cried when I left for a few mins then was great, very tired and clingy when he got home but I was soooooo proud of him.

Hi to everyone, been thinking of u all xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry Sonja but that is very funny Ash started swimming at 7 months & loved it,
    like had to pull him out last Summer as he refused to do anything the instructor wanted him to do I will try again at the end of the year.

Alittle you are such a trooper, can you rub off on me a bit!

JFB I think I would give the sore nipple a good break & just express, don't put yourself through it (hugs)

Kismet only 2 more days!!!!

Grace how are you coping?

Spot still waiting on belly pics?!?!

back to daycare tomorrow, fingers crossed we get through the day. I can't believe how clingy Ash is ATM, sooo not a clingy child EVER . I think he must think Mummy is going to leave him, I guess with Daddy being away he would think I'm goingbto leave him also I wonder if losing my Mum also has affected him, as we saw Mum every day

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. My nipples were torn to shreds, literally bleeding and bits coming off. It was so painful. I used a nipple shield for the first few weeks for bothR and H. Gives them time to get stronger and get a good hd. Gives you a break. I had very little trouble getting rid of it after a few weeks.

Amun. That's fantastic about daycare. Must be such a huge relief!

Nessie. Sounds like Ash is going through a clingy stage. Ruby loves daycare but still clings to me like a limpet everytime.

Sonja. Bummer about Marc. It can take a few lessons for them to get used to it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - might have been a little frustrating but I thought it was funny, how cute, he just knows what he does and doesn't want . I gave up on swimming as Evie just got worse each lesson, hates having her hair washed now.

Alittle - good luck , I think it's appealing not to have to jab every night, this time around I reacted alot to all the needles and had a very sore tum, it has black and blue bruises the size of golf balls dotted all over it now from the clexane.

Amum - go Kade .

JFB - Evie fed every 3 hours until she started to sleep thru at about 16 wks but still fed that often thru the day but I figured that was because she was little and didn't feed for long. It wasn't until she started solids her feeds were 4 hrly. If I am utd this time I don't think I'll put myself thru the hell again like I had with bf for the 1st 3 months with E, bottle will be fine by me, it's not worth me going insane.

Tomorrow will drive me nuts it won't go quick enough, just want Friday here and over, feeling a little jittery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ouch JFB, BF seems to always be a trial after the birth. It's the next hurdle we have to face and I've been told it takes an average of 6 weeks to click into place. Let's hope it all settles down for you soon

Sonja - Your son sounds very cute. I'm sure he'll get into it after a few lessons. My brother hated water as a young child. He would start shaking/shivering before he even touched it.

Alittle - Good luck with the new drug. It sounds more convenient then the daily jabs.

Kismet - How funny that Evie hates having her hair washed. She really prefers dry land doesn't she Let's hope your BT returns a BFP

Amum - It must be such a relief that Kade is loving daycare. I'm sure he will make lots of new friends.

Nessie - I noticed a lot of my friends children went through 'clingy' stages. One of my friends daughters just won't let anyone hold her and won't move more than one foot from her mum. She is over 1 and it is just a stage she is going through. Ash will grow out of it. He's just super aware of how important you are to him

Well, it is freezing cold in Melbourne and super wet. We had a wonderful Autumn for the most part, and now we are shifting into the wintery cycle. I'm 5 mths pregnant already, and still have the reflux every day. I don't think that will go away. I just compensate by having small meals more frequently and avoiding 'rough' foods like broccoli, raw salads etc. Smudge is doing really well and moving every day. She is responding to music too, and hates electronic 'doomsday' type of music. I don't blame her