Closed Thread
Page 4 of 112 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Alittle you must be gutted. My FS was also very opposed to DHEA I never found out why but it was very frustrating when so many people seem to get such great results from it. I hope you can get some answers.

Nessika I'm going away with Lucy for 3 nights in march for my parents' 50th wedding anniversary and we're hoping to wean Marc then. I find bf so easy but I know what you mean about them preferring milk it's worried me with all 3 of my kids.

Mini welcome back I hope the jet lag passes soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    hi

alittle: i hated those convo's that i would get sometimes ....like oh your chances arent that good etc etc, i mean it wasnt that long ago u had a baby!!!....im also interested as to what FS meant by "dangerous"???

LG: ive read with the crinone...ewwwww that it can build up inside u after a few days so u need to clean it out a bit so it keeps being re absorbed...ewww yucky i know, but i remember a few ppl having to do that....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja I would be a lot less worried if I had BF DD till 1, well done! Some ppl are just naturals. BF has more iron & nutrients but it's typical of mum's to worry. GL with weaning Marc. who will have the worst sep. anxiety you or him for 3 days?

Anyone got any suggestions - I have a really sore throat, I know we are allowed to take panadol & have just been taking 2 before bed but it's sore all day & have been drinking hot lemon w honey water. I'm going to gargle with salt - I have no tolerance for pain

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks ladies. We have a formal review type of appointment end of March, so I will be asking her to elaborate more on the "danger" factor. Just in the process of trying to convince DH now that it is ok as and is safe as FS has put the wind up him now. Would those ladies who have taken DHEA mind just posting how many failed cycles you had before taking it and then how long after taking it you had success. Will help me to convince DH it's a good thing. TIA

Nessika, I'm not much help, but I used to suck on blackcurrent soothers or buttermenthols and lots of honey lemon or milo drinks, oh and cuppa soups. The hot drinks were just very soothing. Birthday party is Hoot the owl theme....Amberly loves him.

Minibar, welcome back! Hope you enjoyed your travels and sounds like Jaye was a little angel for you.

Kismet, you are right in saying party organisation is tiring and we have way more people coming than expected. Next year will be a nice small affair.

Sonja, is it just Lucy and you going away for your parent's 50th? Just the two of you would be a special treat.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - sorry bout your FS. Could it be time to look at another more progressive FS???? Do you mind me asking how old you are??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moongazer, I'm 42 so fast running out of time and hence keen to use DHEA. DH is not prepared to give up on FS yet... will see how our appointment end of March goes. Have said to DH that once we've got clarity from her as to why she feels DHEA is dangerous, we then go and see an FS that ins pro DHEA for an opposing opinion and then make a more balanced decision.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle - my previous post went weird and appears much later than I posted it, so I am sorry if it seems out of place.

So sorry you're going through a frustrating time.

Nessika - I find the ginger and honey tea helps a bit.

Jfb - late pregnancy .... Something to look forward to huh!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All,

Thank you all so much for the info and support while I'm freaking out, I reaaly appreciate it.

Alittle - I only had one cycle prior to this one, but I have been TTC #1 for 7 years. We have tried a multitude of different things all reccommended by different FS (I am on my 5th FS), when my first cycle failed I asked my FS if I could go on DHEA as I had read so many good things about it on here. I had only been taking it for 2 month at EPU and I only got 2 eggs that fertilised (the first round I only got one), but one of those eggs is my BFP now. I'm not sure yet how this will work out as I have low progesterone and my HCG was not the highest, but I dont think any of those things are related to DHEA and I firmly believe that was what made the difference for me.

My FS wants me to continue taking the DHEA for now, albeit at 50mg instead of 75mg, she does not want me to lose momentum (she is quite negative about my chances of this one working out) and she has never mentioned to me anything about it being dangerous.

Hope this helps.

JFB - Yes Crinone is quite yukky, but I have not had too many problems with build up as yet, but I'm sure its coming!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    AlittleRay The party sounds like a Hoot! (Bad joke) My Astrid also really likes Giggle & Hoot if it's the same character. My FS mentioned some possible link between heart problems & the testerone androgen in Dhea but said that was only high risk if you were on if for ages. There was a lady on P.R thread who is like an encyclopedia & she was worried about heart palpitations so cut down. Also she talked about the possibility of ovulating early due to Dhea which did actually happen to me where woke up from EPU to find out that the 1 follie had already left. I saw too many ppl graduating after using Dhea so I trusted my FS & after I had been on it for several mnths I had my 2 best cycles producing 3 fert eggs after only having 1 fert if that in other cycles. I was also using Saizen and was UTD after 3 transfers. Hope you get the opportunity to see if it can work for you.

FionaAlice I have been drinking honey,lemon & ginger am starting to feel a bit better. Throat was so raw for days. I just read your signature Congratulation - it always facinates me when I read about natural BFP's after so many yrs of struggle. Were you on a health kick or anything?

LG You think getting UTD is the hardest bit until you find out that there can be all these negative situations. I really hope your FS has got it wrong & that all will be fine. Crinone doesn't sound like much fun.

AFM Now that it has really sunk in that I'm UTD I don't think that I will M/C. My biggest fear is going through all the horrible tests & being high risk for Downs etc again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    alittle: i really enjoyed organising H 's first party (although i actually secretly like organising that stuff). i hope it goes well.

amum: yep single digits and counting.....how ppl have like 4+ kids is beyond me!!

sonja: god 40 degrees with 2 kids and no family..u must have been counting down to days til marc was born.........!

nessika: i was gonna dd that if it got worse u can take amoxil anti-b in pg, i had to take some when i had a sinus infection about 6 wks ago.

nessie: how r u? is DH still at home? are u still working sometimes?

fiona: your ok, being pg with a #1 isnt too bad cos u can rest more..its when u ahve an energiser bunny zipping around the hosue from dusk til dawn that is the issue!!! i really must be looking old cos even DH said i was "coping well" til a few weeks ago .....

mg: how is Archie going? how big is he now?

well speaking of decripit ...i have now got ther worst tinnitus in my life today!!!..i woke up with it (and a slight sore throat so maybe connected)..seriously im half deaf ..i read it can be cuased by increased blood flow in pg....oh terrific