Closed Thread
Page 34 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    kismet:i have to admit every time i sneeze now i think about u and wonder if the waters will break!!! yeh i know..unlikely to be 25th....although last time i was induced at 8pm the night b4 a public holiday, and i did say "um but the 14th june is queens bday" and ob just laughed saying PH didnt matter.....i also thought wouldnt it be better for it NOT to be an emergency one at 3am?? i must admit i have felt (to my surprise??? ) a bit jippped and pi$$ed all day from some reason...cos i guess for months i thought the latest possible date would be the 23rd....and of course everyone else seems to have no trouble getting theres done earlier so wtf.and i guess paying the $$$ i guess u want some perks for that... plus TBH leaving it so potentially late does makes me wonder if he thinks im just being a wuss and "should" be trying a vbac seeing as medically there is technically nothing preventing a vbac so far cos when i asked to booked in today he said oh so u have decided for a c section then? ..... anyway im back monday, if my hips are hell ie cant sleep without drugs i think i'll beg for the 19th....but i dont like my chances....i mean we are just meant to put up with being "uncomfortable" at the end cos thats how it is hey.....

kel: i have to admit...i hate DTD when UTD my poor DH i feel guilty but its so not my scene when pg...it just seems like wayyyyyy too much effort and physically i feel about attractive and capable of moving as a beached whale....

well at least sleep deprivation seems to not be the end of the world even tho it sounds like it now to me....H has been stirring a few times as i write and that in itself makes me nervous thinking omg dont wake up ppllllleasseeeee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello all,

Happy belated b'day to Scarlett and Kade

JFB - had to laugh with the Jesus baby comment!! I guess I've had 2 of them - Tom barely wakes once at 3:30 lately for a quick feed then straight back to sleep... and nathan would have slept the entire 12 hour night from birth if I let him!! Downside (isn't there always a downside??) is failure to thrive and readmission to hospital with dehydration!! So be careful what you wish for However, I don't think I could cope if I had Sonja's/BK's sleepless nights... you guys are AMAZING
    Are you seeing a public OB? Maybe he WANTS the public holiday rates for a call out - now that would pay well sorry he's making you wait, but I would love to cheer you through a natural a speedy birth with almost no recovery time after

Millie and Fiona - Re waters breaking... I had a 'show' which felt a bit like a gush in the middle of the night (when lying down) + blood and was uncertain if that was 'waters breaking'... I went into hospital the next day and they can swab to see if there was any amniotic fluid leaked out and there wasn't...

AFM - boy it's cold hey! I've dressed up little tom in a handknitted cardigan today and he looks like a little grandpa Matches his blue eyes which is a little strange as both DH and I have brown... thinking there may have been a mix up at the clinic???? I'm still BF'ing at night so having to be dairy/soy free for that... which means no chocolate for me which is hard at Easter... even Nathan OD'ed on choc over easter and has diarrhoea again so choc is again severely rationed from now on for him... I thought he'd grown out of his 'intolerances'....the only one who is free to pig out is DH and he's trying to lose a few pounds, but he did indeed have a happy easter grrrrrr.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - did you eat kiwi fruit this cycle? I can't bring myself to eat it still. I was also thinking your ob is just waiting to see if you go into labour and see how things go.

M4N - sounds like bub is going well, how cute he's in his winter woollies. How is Nathan going at daycare?

Thanks
    Reviews
    m4n: yes if i could have a no stitches, no tearing, no $hitting myself 2 hr labour i'd go for it, i feel so unfit and fat tho and not confident....my boss had 56 stitches with a 7pd baby....OMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG. no im private....
    dairy free sounds hard but its for a good cause of course, wow T sounds like a good little sleeper....H wasnt too bad, in fact i had more trouble keeping him awake during a feed.i love this weather...i love autunm....

kismet: good im not being paranoid then....i woke up in such a bad mood today yes i ate kiwi fruit after the EPU...just one a day missed a few days too ....LOL maybe try it on a pavlova!!!

nessie: how are u feeling? good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet - Nathan quit daycare - refused to go around the time that Tom came along, much to my horror!! Paed highly recommended preschool for him and so he's been there for 2 weeks now with inclusion support for extra speech therapy... he LOVES it! Refuses to sleep there though as he's too excited and it takes a day or two to recover after. Mon/Thurs are his days so that's fine with me

JFB - 56 stitches, christ!! Think I had 2-3 the first time and none the second time - what does that say about me?????? It doesn't tickle but at least it's over when it's over... go with whatever works though, as long as you get a healthy bub at the end... and I'll save my horror stories to share with you AFTER your event.... Good luck Hope it's a gorgeous little girl (what do you do with girls???????)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    M4N I'm so happy he's loving preschool. We've had Scarlett at preschool since end of January and she loves it. She also goes 2 days. It is so different to childcare. She still hates me leaving her but generally we get no tears anymore. I don't know what I'd do with a baby that slept at night. I'd have nothing to whine about! Marc was awake for about 2.5 hours last night from 130 til 4 then Scarlett came in at 530 wanting breakfast. Feeling a little weary this morning. I lay down to rest at lunchtime but marc is barely sleeping during the day at the moment so no chance of that. But I do think my kids are exceptionally bad sleepers. I've no idea why we follow a strict bedtime routine and always have. Just bad luck I guess. The plus side (I tell myself at 3am) is bad sleepers tend to be super inteligent. I'm not entirely convinced of that but I'll keep telling myself that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    dumb Q: whats the difference between a "pre-school" and Long Day Care that have school readiness etc? i thought it was all pretty much the same???

i heard something really weird....that some kids get tutoring for pre school (not cos they have disabilities but as in normal tutoring)...is it just me or is that over kill? i mean i ended up doing 19 years of formal education....why start even b4 school!!!! i feel sorry for those kids.

sonja: was it you who said u gave your kids an 'up n go' for breakfast for a while when they were going thru a fussy stage? i ask cos H is going thru a very fussy stage, virtually eats no meat or veg at the mo..just fruit / dairy / carbs / toast etc to the point im starting to wonder about lack of nutrients....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    JFB yes I give the kids and up and go whenever they aren't eating enough (which is pretty much all the time).

I can only comment on Scarlett's preschool. It only takes 2 to 5 year olds and yes it does have an educational element, which starts when they are 3. It's very minor (focussing on number recognition, colour recognition, pincer grip, the sort of stuff I did with Lucy because she was my only kid at 3 but there's no way in heck I've time to do it with Scarlett or Marc ). I didn't send Scarlett there for that reason I just didn't want to send her to a long day care centre as she was going to be nearly 3 and I figured I'd opt for something that didn't have babies (not that I'm anti baby I just was after something where the resources are entirely focussed at her age group). Does that all make any sense??

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

jfblady72  (11-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Jfb - I saw at a chemist the other day a liquid vitamin for fussy toddlers, particularly if they're not eating meat as it has iron, I've got to go there tomorrow so will check the name of it out. I do remember it's a centrum one. Not a dumb question, I was thinking the same thing, what's the diff? Yes I too think tutoring is overkill in pre-schoolers, ffs talk about pressure on kids, just let them be kids bcs they're not for long. I tried Evie on up and go but she wouldn't have a bar of it, she just has plain milk or water, won't try anything else, not even flavoured milk.
    OMFG 56 stitches! ummm wtf!

M4N - that's excellent he loves preschool.

Well it looks like my turn for a non sleeper. Evie is refusing to go to bed atm, she has a cold, I really don't want to get if off her before EPU. Last night she woke up screaming, I think I overdressed her for the cold night and she got hot and when I picked her up to change her she got hysterical, I don't think she was fully awake and she had full on flip out. Tried comforting her but she got worse, tried just leaving her and she carried on more, ended up thinking ok go back to bed and cry it out, put her in cot and she closed her eyes and whimpered/sniffled, I felt really bad for her so stroked her head and held her hand until she went to sleep. I have no idea what was up with her, she did this ages ago when she was 1st teething. It's like she was so upset at me for being woken yet she woke herself up? very weird. Upside was she slept in until 8am. Cheering. But now she won't go to bed and doesn't look the least bit tired, not cheering anymore.

I was beginning to think nothing was happening with the stimming but today feeling a bit uncomfortable on my right side, so must be something cooking in there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Kismet and JFB I think what you guys are thinking of are early learning centres, which can be pretty full on in terms of what they expect of kids. It's all a bit pointless really as generally once they start preprimary they sit there very bored and waiting for the kids to catch up. Preschool is really basic stuff most places do anyway, just no babies.