Closed Thread
Page 32 of 112 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Happy birthday Kade & Scarlett!
    Rainy day in Melbourne, good day to stay in and eat chocolate!
    29 weeks now and all appears well, still in disbelief but happy as can be

Tell me your water breaking tales, I heard one on Saturday that has me thinking I need to carry towels everywhere with me or wear a nappy in case!

Also bag packing for hospital tips please wise ones.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fiona, my ob told me only about 2-3% have waters break before labour is well and truly underway. Usually pressure of labour forces breakage. If they break early it is often because of an acute infection.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy birthday Scarlett! Sonja i hope you survived the day & DH didnt end up strangled lol

Millie my water broke when i got up to pee during the night. I didnt think it was my water breaking as i expected a big gush of water. Best way to describe it (tmi) is like when you get up after DTD

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tips for hospital bag
    Lots of daggie black undies, i think i 2 pairs per day.
    Arnica tablets to help healing
    A bellybandit to help uterus go back & give you some back support
    Comfy clothes
    Nipple cream

5. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for all the well wishes for Scarlett's birthday. She's had a great day. We hired a bouncy castle and put it up at our local park, so no mess at home. We had about 18 kids and they all had a great time. Lucy really loved being the big sister and judging the dancing contest. Even Marc got a go on the bouncy castle, which he loved.

DH was great and pretty much looked after Scarlett and Marc which let me chat to the other mums. I really shouldn't complain about him as he does so much for the kids (seems to be very much the norm here in perth that dads are super hands on) but I just cannot tolerate miserable sick people - I even find I have to bite my tongue when the kids are sick. It comes from having 2 medical people for parents who didn't have a sympathetic bone in their body.

So glad easter and our run of birthdays are over for a while. Marc's trying to drop his 2nd day sleep which is putting him all over the shop at the moment and he's waking more at night (we got 2 nights of him sleeping through) again so am completely buggered. 2 weeks of school holidays to get through now. I feel tired already.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Other things for hospital bag :

Metamucil as you can be quite constipated after and the first poo can really hurt
    Vitamin C to help with healing
    ural sachets in case you have a Caesar and a catheter (helps prevent a UTI)
    Snacks to get you through labour
    Mobile phone and charger
    Lots of nanna undies (you might bleed so buy the big packs from Kmart)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Sonja For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (09-04-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

HAPPY B'DAY SCARLETT it sounds like she had a great day Sonja......

Millie - For hospy id take nappies / wipes...you only get a few so have plenty on hand.
    nipple cream
    lots of snacks for before and after

wow it's exciting now talking about going to hospy.....

Kismet - I feel for you and those jabs..i can nearly feel them - ouch.

Thanks for the b'day wishes for kade...he had a great day - no sleep, way to excited with pressies and family being here...we were all in bed early last night.

Hope you all have had a great easter

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - sounds like it was a great party for Scarlett. I still think you are Supermum

Millie - I gave up on romance a long time ago, it's now just a fantasy to think that someone might be bothered to romance me one day at the rate I'm going it will be when I'm in a retirement village, but then again I might not be accepted into one of them as I will still have kids in tow

JFB - I would love to be pregnant again and for Evie to have a sibling, it's just all the pi$$ed off feelings for having to do all this bs to get there are rushing back with every jab cos it's not friggen pleasant, feeling ripped off all over again. As Millie put it very well, it's a headf&*k, I just think why does everything in my life have to be so f%^&ing abnormal. I'm trying to brace myself for the end of this cycle as I really do think it will be a phenomonal miracle if I do get utd, but I'm not sure hw I will be when it's all over, I know it will be hard to accept failure again.
    Great to hear DH is making more effort, it will be good when the new bub arrives if he can take H out and give you some space with new bub particularly for you to catch up on sleep.

Fiona - Woohoo nearly in single digits! I had a planned c/s but my waters broke at 38 wks when I got up one night at 3am to go to the loo which had become a ritual every night, my nose was really congested so I blew my nose after I had done my wee while I was still on the loo and I felt a little gush of something, I was pretty sure it was not more wee, it just felt different, then as I thought this I felt a tiny pain (like AF) so I wondered if 'this was it' because there wasn't anymore leaking. I put a pad on (just in case) & went back to bed and was laying there thinking I should probably get a towel and put it under me just in case it was my waters breaking. As soon as I stepped on the floor I felt a bigger gush and I took off to the loo again and I had blood this time and more pain so rang this hosy & they said to come in. My parents had to come and get me and during all this time and me running around packing stuff I hadn't packed yet and getting to the hosy 10 minutes away the leaking was slow but regular (I was changing maternity pads when needed) and the pains had become 5-6 mins apart & very strong by the time I got to hosy an hour later. I sat on towels in the car but a maternity pad was still sufficient for the leaking but when I stepped out of the car with the door still open there was a huge gush, I was soaked right down to my socks and shoes. How nice. I think my dad was relieved I was no longer in the car. I think it was a complete rupture because I don't remember leaking anything much after that just that the pains were very intense by the time I was prepped for the caeser and Evie was born at 6.29am.
    As for packing the bag, I packed what I could beforehand but was still using stuff I needed so that got packed in a rush. Depends how long you plan on staying for, I was there for 5 days but still managed to pack too much.
    For me: only used pj's for the 1st day and at nighttime, during the day I wore comfy clothing, I used the maternity singlet tops to feed from, no maternity bras at this stage, not until boobs settled down. I had a great feeding crop top made by Hestia I got from target or big W that I used under my pj's that also held nursing pads in place really well, it was so comfy.As mentioned before nanna undies, they're more comfy if you have a c/s and to hold the maternity pads. I packed 2 pkts of pads and that was plenty for me. Breast pads and whatever toiletries you want including nipple cream (lansilo or something like that), don't forget a moisturiser hosy's are very drying, my room was so hot I thought my skin would crack up. I never left my room so it was handy having snacks in my bag cos the tea lady only comes around twice a day between meals and I was ravenous (muesli bars, cheese and bicky snack packs etc). I only used my dressing gown once when I was wheeled off for a scan on my leg in another wing of the hosy. Phone & charger, camera and rechargeable batteries. A set of clothes to go home in.
    For baby: A few all in one suits are great (I found too many press studs annoying but that's how they come mostly), some singlets, bum cream (sudocream) and unscented wipes as some hosy's only supply a cloth type thing to wet under a tap that I found useless to wipe off the muconium(?) poo. If bub has alot of hair a little brush set and little nail clippers cos sometimes their nails are quite long when born. If you prefer not to use the hosp bunny rugs take a couple of your own wraps & a bunny rug. If you are using muslin wraps get the biggest ones you can find cos babies can be little houdinis and get out of them easily, I found small ones useless and also the flanelette ones didn't have any stretch in them so I didn't like them either. We were supplied with nappies. An outfit for bub to go home in & bunny rug & little beanie if it's cold. Ohhh I'm excited for you.

Nite all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Kismet's post reminded me something a few midwives told me. I always wore soft maturity crop tops under a tshirt to bed instead of maternity singlets for the first few weeks as if your boobs aren't firmly supported while your milk's coming in it might contribute to mastitis. I had some great ones. I got online from queenbee for Lucy and then with Scarlett I bought La Leche wrap support bras from zodee. I also wore reusable nursing pads at night as I found some nights I had lots of milk and the disposable pads just didn't cut it. Avent make them and you might only need 3 or 6 depending on how often you wash. I wouldn't wear them during the day as they are pretty bulky and would show, but for night they are great.

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi all

glad the day was hit sonja. sounds like a lot of fun. i think wheh H turns 3 we might have a little proper party for him too. 2 weeks of school holidays....i guess its the entertainment factor??? keeping H occupied for a whole day (particular if u are tired etc) is hard work!!!

fiona: my waters were broken during an induction....then the pain started...yuck contractions every 2-3 minutes straught away...i was NOT impressed! everyone has said it all about the hospy bag i think..i also took my own pillow, and the snacks and your own big water bottle cos they are hot and BF makes u thristy.

poor H woke with a fever......he was grizzly a lot yesterday.....not sure he may have a chest infection? will take him to docs. should get my eviction date today hopefully..............bloody hips killed me last night, drove me bonkers all night .

nessie: are u feeling any better?