Closed Thread
Page 28 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    amum: H has been waking between 5.30-6am....even today he did and he went to bed at 8pm so i tought he would wake a little later....mmmmmm....i agree when i got to 35 i just lost that youthful "glow" and its never returned..if i take HOURS to get ready i can see the former me in there but most days shes gone LOL!!! and trying to lose weight is heaps harder now.....dust and prayers and green coffee 800 to budge a few kilo's............altho im happy to say when i tell ppl im 40 at the end of the year they always look

mum4nay: sorry belated bday wishes to Nate!!! how is litte T's feet going? sorry to hear about the BF sounds like nothing u can do about that situation, u did him proud giving him 6 weeks as is!!

kismet: im assuming when u get AF the hormone changes so u cant get the mammogram? if it makes u feel better maybe just get it done anyway.....surely it would still be fairly accurate?

alittle: when is the FET?

nessie: how are u feeling? i know too early to tell but im very excited for you....

afm: woohoo last day of work .....i made it. physically not feeling too bad lately and sleeping ok except have to wee about 3 or 4 times per night (although i think this has helped with less cankles thios time so cant complain).....will ask OB about eviction date but im assuming it will be 23rd as thats 39wks....driving to work it suddently occured to me i need feminine hygiene stuff again..i feel like ive barely had to deal with AF since 2009.... .....and also thinking with a slight tinge of sadness i will only be pg for a little while longer and then never again...but very much looking forward to having my body back (bar the BFing) with no drugs

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Amum - Hi Back Yes I remember the tradies 'episode'. It lasted months and they never seemed to be ready to leave. I'll never forget the older one saying 'call me anytime if you have a problem and I'll drop in and fix it for free'. All I could think was 'I just want to get you out of my house forever you fool!' I can laugh about it now, but it took a few years

Nessie - Your embies sound absolutely perfect. I'm so excited for you and am hanging out for your BFP. Good luck

Kismet - You sound about right for a stim cycle I think it is much harder going back to it after a break as you are all 'fresh' again, and suddenly you are plunged into the whole IVF circus. It will all be worth it if you get that 2nd bub I'm due 3rd September

JFB - What a great day today is! Your last day at work. You will be spoilt with attention and fond goodbyes, and will walk out of that place with a big smile on your face. Enjoy yourself and don't expect to get much work done

'Hi' to everyone else here.

AFM - The all day morning sickness is still with me (worse at night) but overall I think I'm less tired, and better during the day. I still don't have a new contract role and it's obvious that the agencies don't like me having a 'commitment' in September. That want absolute flexibility and availability (I'm only applying for 3 month contracts and they STILL say that the employers 'might' choose to roll the contract on for more months), and it's a laugh when many people start a new job and only have to give 2 weeks notice before leaving. That's business in corporate life, so I'm concentrating on getting home repair jobs done in readiness for bub. So far I have repainted most of the front fence, updated some fittings and storage in the bathroom, added a child safe unit in the back playroom, set up the kitchen and dining room properly, repaired a fireplace hearth, and dad and I are doing other repairs (side fence) over the next few weeks. Probably saving $$$$$ on tradies I would have had to hire if I was working (and a lot of headaches). It's still frustrating though. Here's a question for mums. What type of car do you drive? I have a Mazda 6 sedan, but am thinking of changing over to a station wagon etc as when I have bub I'll also want to take my golden retriever with us when visiting family etc. He sits on the floor corner of the backseat now, but I can't imagine him in there when bub is growing and throwing things around. Any ideas?

Thanks
    Reviews
    milli: wow youve been getting heaps done! we have a 4wd and im not kidding with one kid and no pets when u go away that car is PACKED..we are thinking of getting a subruru tribeca (my DH can get car on lease thru his work) as its a 7 seater and my mum cant drive so we need a car thats big enuf for 2 car seats for the next 7 years plus extra room if we need to use the extra seat for mum....sounds ridiculous but when we go away we take bikes, prams etc....oh and and i want another furbaby in few years too

Thanks
    Reviews
    hi girls

millie - we have a ford territory and like jfb it is totally packed to the roof when we go away. we also have a labrador that comes with us so he goes in the back and we have a trailer...bl00dy hell we need a bus i think

well girls i'm off to the golden slipper this weekend with DH so of course i had to get a new dress, shoes, fasinator and clutch...wooooooooooo hooooooooooooo feels like i am getting some sort of life back...being able to leave Kade now as he is older...jett is fabulous as always and such a good boy he is so good with his brother.

jfb - woooooooooo hoooooooooooooo last day....enjoy.........i love last days.

hope you all have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - we have a BMW x5 and it is filled to the brim when we go away.
    When we went to Melbourne, we hired a commodore station wagon, and it was much roomier than our car. We were so surprised. The boot is longer so you get the space lengthways instead of vertically in a 4wd. But what surprised us most was there was more room between both the car seats. A person wouldn't have to squish in there, they would be quite comfy.
    I would seriously look at a station wagon if you are looking at upgrading. Before we had spencer, I had a Mazda 2 and was almost going to get a mazda6. It looked big enough for me, but if it is the main car in your family, I would look into a wagon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all

Just a quick one as we've been struck with gastro here - only me and Marc so far but it's just a matter of time til at least Scarlett gets it.

Just wanted to wish JFB a happy first day of maternity leave for tomorrow. Enjoy and get some rest (if you can).

Thanks
    Reviews
    thanks sonja....sitting here with dye in my hair...first chance ive got to do it for ages. unfortunately looks like the TV has picked today to pack it in tho of course.....might make me do some extra housework tho....h is in daycare so its a free day so will try to do the things u cant really do and rest a bit. hope u all get better but yes ive realised now that once H gets something i seem to get it too.....gastro just sucks. hope no one is vomiting as well...thats the total pits...

amum: im jealous!!! have fun at the races.

afm: ob appt canned as he had to rush off to deliver a baby...so no post farewell lunch weigh in ...so will see next week when i will 37+1 wks....hips so sore at night and getting worse...wtf....not sure if they are sore due to ligaments stretching etc or from me tossing and turning all night..last night i swaer i pulled a muscle turning over in my butt anyway got a little wad of cash from work to buy some nappies and my fave expensive baby shampoo / wash / products etc.......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    JFB no telly Enjoy your child free day.

Yes there's been lots of here. Trying to focus on how skinny I'll be after all this, just in time for Easter. We also have Scarlett's 3rd birthday on Monday, so lots to do here

Thanks
    Reviews
    LOL..i think i saw it flicker ......we just got foxtel put back on too...mmmmm some weird noises coming from it now too..its prob about to blow up....speak of the devil.....

vomiting...yuck and u sick as well looking after sick kids....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all,

Sonja - I don't know how you do it - can't imagine having multiple children with gastro simultaneously AND choking back my own spew too !! Hope you all recover FAST!!

Millie - wow, you've got the makings of a supermom in you too with all your preparations! You'll be SO glad you did alot of it now rather than waiting till you're heavily pg or worse still when you have a growing toddler running around and you're still trying to renovate/childproof as we did LOL!! Glad you've got some work happening too to pay for it all

JF - congrat's on finishing work - such a fantastic feeling I laughed when you said you had a tinge of sadness being pregnant the last time after all the sleepless nights/sore hips etc etc.... I can honestly say that I don't have the slightest desire to do IVF/PG/childbirth again EVER! But feeling a little bub inside when it's relatively so easy to look after and snug in there is just gorgeous and a wonderful memory
    Thanks for asking about Tom's feet - it ends up being a little more difficult to 'fix' than I thought. He's had a 2 week stint in plasters up to the groin with a fab result so he progressed to removable splints (which means he can have a bath)... but ended up with pressure areas BOTH sides after 1 week cause he's just so strong and pushes against them... so he went back into plaster for a week (again with fab results) and then tried the splints again - pressure sores started within a day so I gave up... I've decided to give it a break and tackle it later against their advice - he just HATES them and it interferes with feeding/sleeping and therefore GROWING so we'll return to this page when in fact he needs feet ie ??5-6 months....

Amum - daylight savings - ummm, I don't know a single parent that welcomes daylight savings !! My boys are up in the hour beginning with either 4 or 5 - shocking

Kismet - oh lordy, mamograms, colonoscopy's - what's happened to our youth!! Did you do it in the end or lurch straight into those hormones??

Fiona - MCN - yes, I definitely use liners for 2 reasons - firstly if you change the nappy and they poo minutes after (it often happens!) then at least you can just change the liner and not the whole nappy... secondly, if you use creams you need to protect the materials of the nappy otherwise it builds up and this affects the ability to absorb wee...
    Sorry to say but peapods leak - at least they did for me??? I love baby kangas but not sure you can get them anymore.?? Another friend told me she got hers off ebay from china for only $5 each and they work fine. Think I might have to get some as they do unfortunately get a little sad after years of regular washing... Also, check out usednappies.com.au if you want a bargain - I got lots of bamboo Beehinds as good as new....
    And yes they are way cute - I go for the leopard skin or cow hide look... or anything bright - dinosaurs sound gorgeous