Closed Thread
Page 21 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - it's a start, at least DH is willing to make a change of sorts, this is good. Perhaps the social life has to change with where, when and how often. You've done alot of group things with friends maybe it just has to be that sort of thing only, like bbqs etc and be clear on when to leave, make him drive so he doesn't drink, no more hanging around the pub from now on, in it together or do it never. That way you can keep an eye on him? If he wants blokey time he could take up a sport like cricket, golf or something, some people need an outlet to reduce stress etc, sport is a great way. My eldest brother that gave up regular drinking does golf and once a year his club goes away for a week, his wife doesn't care how much he drinks then as long as he toes the line every other time. He has had such a turn around, total health nut now, he's almost 50 and I think getting older started to scare him. Wish it was the same for the other brother, he'll be lucky to make it to 50 the way he's going.

Millie - meant to say my dad was pretty impressed with my cot too, funny what makes a man drool , he ran his hand over it several times, I don't even think he's even touched up my mum that much , sorry TMI, don't want that vision in my head, eww.

Well Sesame Street was ok I guess, Evie sort of behaved, 1st time I've taken her to something like that and had to walk for blocks to get a park, we are both buggered now.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great to hear from you Spot. Those weeks are melting away

JFB - Huge hugs My grandfather (mothers father) was a very 'social' alcoholic and he did enormous damage to his family (8 children). Of the 8, only 2 are married, and the majority of the rest have addition issues of one sort or another (gambling and drinking being the ones. The grandmother was an angel and held the family together throughout the marriage, but I think this did more harm than good as they 'saw' too much. Still, in those days she wasn't allowed to leave him, and he'd drag her home when she tried. At least we have options now. I really hope DH is serious about addressing his problems. My ex attended counselling when he was behaving really badly, and months later (when I went to see her to tell her I was at the end of my rope and ending the relationship) she had NO idea what he had been doing, as he was telling her a whole different story (said he was suffering a bit of anxiety and stress). So you attending some sessions is a great idea. Good luck to you

Nessie - Yay for starting your cycle. Feeling sad about a miscarriage is VERY normal. Wishing a BFP for you

BK - I'm glad your DH has acknowledged his behaviour and seeking to change. I hope he sincerely does this for you and the family

Kismet - I'm glad you've started your last cycle. It must be weird after such a long break and with having Evie now. I laughed at your description of your dads reaction to the cot. Men are sooo funny

I still have the all day 'morning' sickness, so am still eating like a man (minimal fruit and veg, lots of protein, carbs and calcium). I bought a bassinet on Ebay over the weekend (Tasman Eco in white). It's all coming together

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm having a very strange cycle this time around. Day 35 and still no sign of AF. This is my first AF after 2 stims..... anyone else had they're body do funny things after a couple of stim cycles?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittleray Hope AF shows up very soon, when I did back to back cycles it did throw me out too.

Kismet I've seen ppl make big changes in their life too - we are all capable. It's horrible watching a sibbling screw up their life, one of mine is very problematic right into drugs etc. You are far braver than me taking Evie to S.S show

Millie I feel nostalgic when you talk about setting up the nursery - it's such a precious time as you prepare for baby's arrival - Smudge is going to be super comfy

Spot you and DH sound amazing together how'd you get to be so wise and find such a well matched partner - did you have great role models?

JFB GL with counselling & DH really wanting to improve to keep his family together. My DH is a bit older turning 48 in a few mnths, He has less bad habbits now due to me pressuring him. He's gone from drinking excessively nightly, smoking & gambling most nights to hardly ever going to the pub and having 3 alcohol free nights p/week. I couldn't of stayed with him if he hadn't met me half way.

FionaA, Millie, Spot & JFB I think pregnancy is so beautiful! Wanted to mention that as we were talking about fat comments ppl make - I felt a bit insecure with the tummy post birth but it's so silly when your body has done something so amazing + (.)(.)'s look pretty great anyway! Hope you are getting lots of pics.

to everyone I've missed & thanks for sharing how grief is natural after m/c - I find a BFN's & cancelled cycles all of it is just so hard on us. Great to have support with other's who understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I see a few familiar 'faces'

I am currently almost 10 weeks and have been feeling sick and tired every day. I have a few questions hoping you ladies can help me.

1. Do you take special care with your sleeping positions at night? I read one other thread talking about compression during sleep eg if you sleep on your back and how it will affect bb's heart rate. I see the internet talking about sleeping on the left best but I find it really hard. I get sore left shoulder trying to keep sleeping on the left. Sometimes I end up on my back and would be worried if bb is ok. Can you tell me more about your sleep positions? Maybe I am just being too paranoid.

2. Is there a time in your pregnancy when you stop dropping hair or have minimal hair loss? Would be interested to know when it is for you.

3. Any one of you on Vit D drops/capsules during pregnancy? I mean not just a pregnancy multi-vit with a bit of vit d but vit d drops.

My pregnancy with DS was a breeze as we werent aware we had fertility issues back then and didn't know we would head down ivf path to conceive this current bub which we had, and having an m/c prior to this pregnancy just make me pretty much paranoid about everything and want to make sure I am doing everything right.

Thanks!

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Nessika, sounds like you are doing all you can to process, accept and deal with the m/c. It is never good, especially when pregnancies come so hard for us girls here.

Oh and my darling heart, well he is one in a million and we both count our blessings every day that we found one another. Both of us are lucky to have parents who also love and respect one another so I think that counts a lot for both of our views on love and relationships.

Mom2OneDS - sleeping, well I started from week 5 to force myself to lie on my left side and I am actually now finding I move into that postition easily now. Then I prefer my right side, the tummy is getting too big now for that position and I only sometimes lie on my back.

Also my hair loss stopped around 13 weeks, in the shower now when I wash my hair there is no loss at all really and my hair has gone nuts, all lush and gorgeous! Have to like the start of the 2nd trimester

And Vitamin D, my week 10 blood tests showed low vitamin D so I am on a seperate supplement for that.

AFM - week 16, nearly week 17... doing really well. Have fortnightly scans, and acupuncture. Scans showing baby is perfect and right on track... oh and showing so far (95%) is a boy! So much for my gut instinct believing it was a girl! So I feel our little boy has returned to us.

Feeling exhausted and emotional, and that seems to be it. Oh and sore heavy b00bs... Morning sickness has gone, have the odd twinge and feeling every now and then. Sometimes around 5am I feel funny bubbles and a soft rolling like pressure

That is about it for me I just want to hold my baby and know we have made it to the end.

x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpotTheOcelot For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SPOT - congratulations on having a blue one! you must be sooooo thrilled everything is going so well. I'm so excited for you. You sound pretty chillaxed too .

Mum2oneDS - I think it's pretty safe in early pregnancy to sleep how you want, I still slept semi on my tummy and side until I couldn't any longer. Sleeping on your back isn't recommended. It is believed it's better to sleep on your left side so baby isn't cushioning themselves on your liver. I found it hard to sleep on left side all the time too as I would get sore, so I both sides, Evie would kick me if I slept on my left she had her back towards my right side and so when I turned onto my right she would settle all her body on that side and wouldn't move but it wasn't very comfy for me either. So I would get a boomerang pillow and stuff it between my legs and under my left hip and place another pillow behind me so I could sleep semi on my side and semi on my back, this was later in pregnancy and the only way I could be comfy. I didn't know anything about Vit D when I was pregnant, I take it now because I've heard it's recommended to take when ttc but also I don't go in the sun much so suspect I would be deficient. Yes my hair was the lushest it has ever been when I was pregnant and it was great I didn't have to sweep the bathroom floor everyday once I'd done my hair, not a single strand to be found, it grew alot quicker too and was like this until I stopped bfeeding. Then my hair turned to $hit, it went very curly and still is, hasn't returned to how it was before & I'm back to losing a mountain of it everyday. Pregnancy and bfeeding was only time my nails have every grown and been strong.

Alittle - sorry your body isn't behaving. I can't answer your question cos I always had weird cycles. Could you have a bt to see what your hormones are doing?

Millie - another nice little purchase make sure you get a new mattress for it.

Evie has cut 3 molars this past week, she has been pretty good considering.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Spot, so thrilled for you, so exciting!

Mom, my body prefers sleeping on my right, I just make sure I try to lie on left as much as I can, often alternating when I go to the bathroom just to give my shoulders a break!
    As for losing hair, I have always been a shedder and expected it to lessen during pregnancy, but it has become worse! That said I do have really thick hair and probably need to shed it or I'd look wild!
    I am taking the usual prenatal vitamin as well as a combined calcium, vit D - which I tend to take every 2nd day. A nurse did tell me to take that at opposite ends of the day for them to be effective.

27 weeks tomorrow - I still can't believe it! He is wriggling around in there so much and it is really reassuring! So excited

Hope you are all having a relaxing weekend

11. The Following User Says Thank You to fionaalice For This Useful Post:

Mom2TwoDSs  (24-03-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you lovely ladies for your replies, really appreciate it!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mom I was told I could sleep/lay on my back til 20 weeks. But my ob also said that if it was that vitally important that women would be put in night braces so they couldn't roll onto their backs, which I thought was pretty funny