Closed Thread
Page 17 of 112 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    milli: i had a cradle in our room next to my side of the bed for H,he was in there for nearly 6 months....yes it did used to take a little while in the first week or 2 to get up to baby after c sect having the the cradle right there helped....i got used to the noises fairly quickly..u get pretty shagged anyway so u just learn to sleep thru the farts and grunts! anyway we'll do the same this time....we have the room set up for baby even tho he she wont be in there for a while...

fiona: im lucky in that i get 1/2 pay maternity leave from my work for 28 weeks (so half of what i have earned in a usual fortnight) and then my annual leave and LSL...we also got the baby bonus... it did really help getting that bonus, we should just scrape in again i hope....i did start some private work when H was 6 months old on a saturadays but i wont be doing that this time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - I also had a bassinett next to my bed, just borrowed one and got a new mattress for it. It made bfeeding thru the night easier and if I needed to I could rock it a little without getting up and didn't have to bend over a cot to do any settling. It was hard to get out of bed initially with c/s and also was middle of winter so I had my room heated at a nice temp, I had the change table in my room as well so everything I needed was handy. As BK said you can move a bassinett around, I often had Evie sleeping in it in the loungeroom during the day. I just liked to have E next to me at night time too, if she got too noisy (and they do sometimes) I usually didn't have a prob but sometimes used ear plugs, I still heard her if she cried. By the time she was big enough to go in her cot it wasn't too dramatic changing her over, I started putting her in it for day sleeps then put the bassinett basket in the cot with her in it for 2 nights then on her own after that.

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Happy St Pat's Day for those of us of Irish decent! Well I'm turning forty friggen three tomorrow, already depressed. Just makes me think that I have 43 year old eggs and now regularly pluck my chin

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kismet Just keep telling yourself you are young and fertile (I chant this to myself as bthdy in a few weeks and freaked about my low amh) there is always electrolysis

Millie I have a white boori cot for DD handed down from a friend and love it. I agree with the other ladies it's good to have a bassinett for the ease during the new born stage - they just look too tiny in a cot.

Sonja glad to hear Scarlett is healing so well - gee they keep you on your toes - great that you were able to prevent scarring by acting so fast.

JFB glad to hear you are nearly there for maternity leave - I think you working mums are just amazing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Kismet,
    Happy Birthday!!!
    sending you much love

Thanks
    Reviews
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KISMET
    have a few red wines (good for the uterus) and just turn the number aorund to 34.....u dont look 43 love at least!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY KISMET!!!

Yes nothing like IVF to make us feel every day of every year that passes.

Hope you have a wonderful day with Evie and your friends and family.

SpotTheOcelot is offline 'Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.'
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday Kismet!!!!

Have a wonderful one, watch us older chicks kick IVF butt!

x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday Kismet !!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday Kismet!!! xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy Birthday beautiful Kismet We start counting backwards after 40, so you are really 37 I'm 43 and it's turning out to be the best year of my life because I'm UTD Truckloads of for your own super sticky BFP.

Thanks JFB, Ness, Kismet, and Blondekellie for your feedback on purchasing a bassinet. I'm definitely buying one 2nd hand from Ebay (have my eye on one now). I picked up my cot yesterday and it's in beautiful condition and I'm so thrilled to have it. I've been wanting a cot like this for over 3 years (since I started TTC). Dad came with me and his is very impressed with the workmanship and quality of it. It's all happening