Closed Thread
Page 16 of 112 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies!

We had our morph scan today and both BOYS doing well & already holding onto their willies. One bub has a larger kidney which needs to be monitored but otherwise all great. Got some good pics but need to load them yet. Only thing is they're not 100% happy with my cervix so see obst tomorrow & have another scan next week to double check. Obst already told me to stop working so guess I'd better take notice now...

Feeling regular kicking now even though placenta for one is anterior. They were kicking & punching each other continuously during the scan - a sign of things to come no doubt!

Big hello to all the lovely ladies on the thread.....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hiya,

Sorry to read how many of you have been sick with gastro, flu, colds etc. They are definitely going around and I have the flu/cold bug right now, and have had it since Monday.

Tired - Your 'friends' really don't get what being godparents is about. You are better off knowing this now, as they would have bee useless as godparents to your daughter. for the hurt you must feel.

JFB - Your pregnancy is flying. I'm glad you only have just over 2 weeks to go before stopping work. Wishing you great health going forward

Sonja - Poor you and Scarlett. I'm glad you are related to the Plastic Surgeon too. I'm sure Scarlett will heal really well

Grace - Fantastic news on the scan of the boys. Yes, I'm sure there will be a few fights with 'muuuum' being yelled out at some point

AFM - I'm tracking along and attending interviews for contract roles whilst having the flu. Still have a bit of all day 'morning' sickness, but otherwise well. I'm missing out on a lot of contract roles because the are 6mths plus long,and I am due in less than 6 mths So I'm poor but happy to be UTD I bought my cot on Ebay last night. It's a Boori Sleigh Cot in white with solid ends. We are picking it up this weekend. I'm in week 16 now, and am so happy the weeks are flying by. It reassures me that Smudge is growing big and strong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    congrats grace on your two boys.....your house is going be NOISY!!!!!!!!!!

milli: must be very exciting for you even tho being broke sux, still all for a good reason.

MG: hope u are enjoying melbourne.

afm: day off trying to do housework but its slow going....im so old and bub feels like it weighs 5kgs already....oh and the cankles have arrived too....yeehhhaaa. .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all

Sorry just a quick one. Thanks for all your well wishes yesterday. Scarlett had her surgery at 4pm and we got home about 745 last night. She was such a trooper. She was quite sick after the general anesthetic but is in great spirits today. It was a very eye opening day being at the children's public hospital. Made me realise just how lucky all our kids are. So many kids were there without parents, and the nursing staff told me so many of them preferred being at the hospital than at home as they got to know the staff and got more positive attention from the nurses than from their own families. One little boy in particular just broke my heart the way he cried and cried for his mum. He's nearly 5, still in nappies and can barely speak. I took Scarlett from a walk to kill some time and while we were gone his parents visited (they're not supposed to as there is an order against them) and stole our portable DVD player and some toiletries. I mean who does that ?? I realise we shouldn't have left stuff but it wasn't easy to find.

Anyway, Scarlett is fine now and her mouth is healing beautifully. Hopefully there won't be any scarring. Thank goodness for private health insurance as the plastic surgeon on call said she wouldn't bother with stitches as scarring would be minimal. Our surgeon said he sees so many adults with facial scars who want them removed prevention is far better at this age than trying to fix it later in life.

So we have to wrap scarlett is cotton wool for the next couple of days until she's healed so it all doesn't open up again.

Hope everyone is well.

Sonja

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - good to now Scarlett will be fine. Yes scars heal better over time if they're attended to the right way in the 1st place. That's so sad about the little boy, what douche bags for parents, poor kid.

Grace - sounds like all is going pretty well, now far along are you now?

Millie - Evie's cot is the same type only in dark timber, I love it, it's so solid, mind you she is always bumping her head in her sleep, she must have a tough noggen bcs sometimes it's so loud and she doesn't even wake up, but has hurt herself a couple times & lately woke up yelling one night bcs her leg was stuck between the rails. I was tempted to buy some bumpers earlier on but never did, wish I had as she is so restless, there was a big headboard bumper in her cot set that was pretty handy, so if you're not opposed to some sort of bumper system it might be a good idea to have one. If you are getting a sound and movement monitor, I have the Angelcare one & found it went off if Evie rolled into the corner of the cot bcs the cot is so big the sensor pad is a bit too small for it, she did that alot too and I'd jump up everytime, at least I knew it worked. Things get really exciting from here on, I loved shopping for baby. Hope your sickness settles soon.

JFB - woohoo not long & no more work! ..no more 3 hr road trips..bugger about the cankles, you've done well not to get them until now.

BK - Hope Henry is behaving himself today, he'd have to get exhausted at some point. Bless him, I bet he's going to be a live wire when he's older

Got my bill for cycle today , looks pretty daunting on paper. I prefer not to think about it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - I'm so glad your daughter is going to heal well. How awful that you were robbed while at the hospital. It just shouldn't happen, and those parents should be sterilised so that they can't neglect any other child. Horrible creatures. That poor boy. It breaks your heart.

Kismet - I agree about a bumper system. I found a bedding package that has the bumpers all around the edge and will buy something like that. My bub is already tracking larger than his/her age, so I imagine 'bumping' will happen earlier. It IS a great cot and I'm so excited to have made such a purchase. It makes everything so real. Dad is paying for the cot as he has insisted since I found out I was UTD. Up until then he was begging me to stop IVF and was quite angry with me for not listening so was a bit distant and non-supportive. Now he is over the moon and REALLY supportive. It is the first grandchild for our family (I have 3 siblings).

A question for all the experienced mums here. Do you need a bassinet for the first few months with bub? I am likely to have a cesarean due to health issues, and it seems more sensible to have the bub close to my bed at the beginning. The cot will be in the room, but at the other end. What do you think ?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls

Millie - Sounds very exciting in your house......getting the cot makes it very real.....have you bought anything else yet...clothes etc????
    Kade went straight into his cot and i had a c section but it was difficult..DH had to get up and get him for his night feeds as i was way to slow for a while so having bubby next to you sounds like a good idea.

Grace - It will be very noisy at your house when the boys come home but how lovely. Will they sleep in the same cot??

Kismet - Glad to hear you are feeling better.......not so good about the $$$$$$ for your cycle.......

Jfb - woooooooo hoooooooooooo for work...bet you can't wait....did you upload the pic yet??

Sonja -OMG how scary......glad it is all over with now. As for those aholes that stole from you.......low lifes probably havent worked a day in their life.........i feel sorry for that poor little boy but glad he isn't with them.

Mum4 - Just saw the pics of your little man...he is sooooooooooooooo cute......and so is his big brother.....

Nessie - How are you going???

Hello to everyone, hope you have a great day

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - poor little Scarlett - glad she is ok!

JFB - thank goodness work is nearly over - I still have 2 months and finding it hard to stay motivated! Although that is partly because we have a new bosses ... no fun ... not a good time to be taking maternity leave but oh well ... if they still suck when I return I'll look for somewhenre else. I am going to have to return to work at the start of 2013 - financially, wish I didn't have to! Can't even imagine how tricky it will be with only 1 wage - how do you ladies manage?

Millie - I am going to give the bassinet in our room a go, we are borrowing one from a friend ... not sure how we'll go - I may not sleep with all the newborn noises!!

Hope you're all well

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona. The baby bonus helped. You should get paid maternity leave for 6 months from the government. But I had to do work from home too. Otherwise we wouldnt have had a home! Same with number two unfortunately

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie. Bassinets are much easier to move around so if baby is unseted you can have them in your room or in lounge during the day. We had only the cot initially with Ruby and felt chained to her room as we were constantly trying to settle her