Closed Thread
Page 15 of 112 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Lovely Ladies

Nesskia: So sorry to hear your news..Take your time..When i mc i went staight back into another cycle.

JFB...Cant believe that you only have 7 weeks to go..Where has that time gone.

Kismet....Hope that you and Evie get better soon.

BK...How are you going with Henry and his settling?

Nessie....Thank you for asking after me and the girls..

We are settled in home as best as we can at this stage have had some all nighter with Mia..I had a week of no sleep as Mia wouldnt go to sleep unless she was laying on my chest and she was bring alot of her milk back up> I asked a neonatal nurse 1 day when i went into Amelia about it as she reckoned that she was missing her sister. I decided to change her milk from S26 Gold to S26 Gold AR had she hasnt looked back...Amelia came home on the 11 Feb we are so pleased to have her home...We have found out that she has a hole in her heart that will need surgery as it shouldnt be there so it will be a trip to Melbourne to have it repair as they cant do it here in Hobart and she has to big hernias that need to be repair as well but the surgeon wants to wait a bit longer before he repairs them and wants her to put somemore weight on and to get stronger before he does the op. So at this stage it is all a waitting game with Amelias op as we dont see the surgeon for heart until end of may The surgeon only comes to Hobart once every 3 months....We are taking the Girls for their 1st camping trip at easter in a caravan so hopefully it will be nice weather....We had the Twins namimg day on the weekend. It was a lovely day...I have got really angry with 1 of our friends we asked them to be the girls godparents and they sid no..we found out that they didnt want to be godparents because of Amelia having downs they told another lot of friends thinking that they wouldnt tell us.I cant wait to see these friends as i am going to give them a piece of my mind...Sorry for the long post..wish i could work out how to put photos up for you all to see the girls..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    JFB - exactly. Evie's snot isn't too bad so I didn't see a problem in sending her, but honestly some parents need their heads read. I know a centre that says if it's green they shouldn't be seen, if it's clear they're in the clear, but my dr said any snot is infectious. E caught the croup virus from there in January and it's back there again & gastro has been doing the rounds for a month, half the staff are off. Feeling a bit better now, I don't ever remember feeling so exhausted & body aches are the worse, zonked out when Evie had 2 hrs sleep today, barely heard the phone ring, friggen sales call. Heading back to bed very shortly.

Moon - oo that will be fun, have a great time.

Nessie - Go Ashy boy

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired - welcome back. Sorry to hear Amelia has to have a major operation, poor petal, she sounds like she has a lot of fight in her so she will be ok. My great nephew was born with a hernia in his belly button, it got to the size of a 20 cent piece and about in inch high, very scary looking but it has started to go down. Paed said prem babies often get them and they usually go away, some need to be fixed. One of my nephews had one in the same spot that got fixed up when he was 16, never caused any problems at all, just got it done when he had a gall bladder op.
    That is disgraceful your 'friend' said that. Being godparents is simply that, people often think it means to be a guardian which is different altogether. This friend is very naive and ignorant, I hope you do give them a piece of your mind, even if you did ask them to be a guardian for your children they are obviously heartless. Best you know this about them now than at a time you need to count on them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    tired: that is just so appalling what your friends said about being godparents..doubt they will be classfiedf as friends anymore. hope u give them what for. hope little A's op goes ok and in the meantine that she gets stronger and gains lots of weight.

kismet: there has definately been a gastro bug going around...i also have a mild cough / cold thing that isnt getting worse at this point luckliy....gastro bug was some nasty $hit ........bet u felt absolute rubbish all day, hope u are feeling better today. all i can say is thank god i'll be on leave cos i have NO sick leave left and have no doubt H will catch the usual colds etc this winter but really hoping he is bit more immune seeing as it will be his second winter in daycare....only concern is whether he will need the ear tubes put back in later this year (they fall out after about a year)...guess one bout of bad ear infection will tell the tale...

nessie: sorry i swore i wasnt going to whinge about pg , must seem lame to you.....i have found by not eating dinner much i can avoid the breathlessness at night ...... makes up for all the $hit i ate yesterday!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi all

Just a quick one. Am sitting in plastic surgery at the children's hospital with Scarlett. She cut her lip and mouth severely yesterday and needs surgery to put it back together again. Yet another adventure for her. Thank goodness we're related to a paediatric plastic surgeon as she'll hopefully get seen relatively soon.

Tired I just wanted to say those people are ignorant twits. You certainly find out who your friends are when you have kids. Hope the naming day is beautiful for you and your family.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sonja - OMFG, hope she is ok, I'm sure she is in capable hands and the surgery will go well. You must feel sick you poor thing, I freaked out when Evie split her lip the other day, thought it was her teeth, it was only tiny but the mouth bleeds so much, can't imagine how worried you'd be, I would have a meltdown.

JFB - I'm feeling heaps better today, slept like a log for once & don't feel sick at at all. Evie was so sick this time last year after she started daycare and continued pretty much rest of year, so far she's only been sick twice since starting back this year and it seems like they're milder bouts. She was so funny at the Dr the other day, gobbed off pointing at her when she stuck the ear probe in as if to say get that thing away from me, wish I knew what she was saying. How much mat leave are you taking? Do we get to see a belly pic

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: oh no...how scary, hope everything goes ok.

kismet: i need a hair and makeup day as ive done no pg shots at all this time....might try and load a belly shot 2morrow....i get paid until Feb 2013 and then will try to string it out to april and baby can start daycare when 12 months old in april 2013. see what happens. have 11 work days left .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oooh yes jfb a belly pick please.

Tired - appalling reaction from your so called friends. Being a godparent is an honour and an invitation to take a large role in the child's life. How horrible you know your friend has already labelled Amelia. She's (& you are) better off without them.

Sonja - poor Scarlett and you too. Glad you should have a speedy surgery. Poor poppet.

We are in Melbourne. So humid and found out its been pouring with rain at home, so happy! Spencer was a champion in the flight. Such a difference to how he amused himself compared to August when we flew last.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tired. Sorry to hear of your friends reaction. Very disappointing but I guess they took the responsibility seriously and recognized their own limitations. I hope your friendship can survive it

Sonja. Oh no. Poor Scarlett. I hope she is ok. She seems the the accident prone of the group

MG. can't wait to meet on Friday xxxx

Hi to everyone else. Henry's sleeping/settling is still pretty hopeless but he is so adorable. I would forgive him almost anything g. Lucky for him every 4 or 5 days he sleeps all day (exhaustion?) so we get a break!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Kel - yep, also looking forward to meeting up!

Tired - sorry - my post sounded harsh when I read it back. I hope you can talk about the reasons with your friends, and I hope they can be honest with you. X