Closed Thread
Page 111 of 112 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1111
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't normally post in here so forgive the intrusion

Just wanted to say something about the PCOS and BM thing. The research clearly shows that 33% of PCOS women will have an over supply of BM, 33% will be normal and the other 33% will not have enough of a supply or none at all. This is due to your hormones not being what they should have been during adolescence and therefore the right things arent in place now to BF. Usually a big indicator is how much your breasts grew during pg. If they didnt change size all that much it's almost guaranteed you will not be able to BF.

Also on the speech thing - follow your intuition. Also family history can play a roll (if there were late talkers in your family more likely your children will be late talkers). However stringing together 2 words by 2 is considered perfectly normal. My ds turned 2 middle of June and is not yet putting 2 words together but my DHs eldest sister didnt talk until 28mths - not a single word. There's a wonder week which ends around 2 and in the following weeks usually there is a huge word/speech explosion - this is when my ds has finally started coping all the animal noises and has started trying to say other words so I wouldnt be suprised if that's when Evie's speech takes off.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to EarthAngel75 For This Useful Post:

Kismet  (30-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks EarthAngel,
    my boobs didn't get much bigger during pregnancy, they were already a good size, they are bigger now though ...
    Seems my milk supply is just going to be low and so I have resigned myself to feeding and expressing, and using formula when needed also ...
    it's somewhat inconvenient but while I am not working I think I can manage it.
    So still a bit of a struggle ... But persevering. I can usually express 30 Mel's from each boob in a 10 minute express, this is enough for 2 top ups. I am topping up most feeds but not all, baby seems very happy and content.
    i am so lucky, at the moment he is a very good and easy baby ... So my only stress is my own concerns about the feeding ... Is he getting enough etc ... But I am pretty sure he is ... All signs indicate he is. I'll feel better if things look good at his next weigh in on Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Fiona - have you spoken to doc about going on meds for supply? I also know other girls using fenugreek and other naturopathic remedies to help. There is also a section in the bf section for BM cookies or such. I think the ingredient which makes the difference is brewers yeast...

Thanks
    Reviews
    fiona: in the first few weeks i would only get about 50mls from a boob and this also satified my bub....i started taking fenugreek (3 per day sometime smore if i felt i needed it) and i eat oats EVErY morning for breakfast with flaxseed as suggested..i tried brewers yeast in it but i could taste it (yuccccckkkkk)..maybe its better in the cookies...u sound like u are providing the best possible nutrition and calories for bubby if he is happy ..thats all that counts .

ok..E slept for 7.5hrs straight the other night (ive given up mostly the FF top ups b4 bed as it doesnt now make any difference to her slepp duration plus she is in 75th weight percentile so is getting ebuf BM)...but my dh ruined it by waking me up at 2.30am....*&%^&%$^*&^$^$@#%%&...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Fiona I had massive problems with my supply with Marc due to being so busy with the other 2 kids. I also had a severe sinus infection when Marc was tiny and the stoopid dr prescribed pseudo ephedrine which almost dried me up. I took massive amounts of fenugreek (about 3 times the daily recommended dose) and my milk went through the roof. I was never able to express a huge amount though. With Lucy (dd1) I was able to get 240ml from one side my god I had milk stashed everywhere, but with Marc it was lucky to be 30 ml. But he usually got enough from me. I took straight fenugreek and another formulation called breast feeding support which was fantastic too. Good luck but it sounds like you've got a real trooper on your hands.

JFB go E!!!!!!!! Stoopid DH though

Thanks
    Reviews
    sonja: yeh..it was thru gritted teeth that i told him "ffs youve kept me awake for hours **** off and go sleep in the other room. **** you".....i mean come on that was the best sleep i coulda had for about 7 months.............omg sonja 240ml from one boob..i thought i was ace the other day when i got 120ml out outtta one boob ...now i feel so lame LOL......i took bf support pills too but bubby got the runs from it...TCM mate told me that the milk thistle is a "mover" and prob gave her the runs so i had to stick to straight fenugreek.

H decided 4.30am was a good start today..........mmmmmmmmmmm ace one!

nessie: when are u off to wazza??

spot: not sure if u are around but i still think about you and wonder how u are coping?

BK: is henry still sleeping ok?

well i can say being on mat leave while the olympics are on is great .
    Last edited by jfblady72; 31-07-2012 at 06:31.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

SpotTheOcelot  (01-08-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been taking the breastfeeding support, I will combine that with fenugreek tea ... Sounds like maybe I should take extra fenugreek??
    I made some of the cookies today, they're good.
    i've been eating oats but will start adding flaxseed. Thanks for the tips!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - way to go E! I'd have done the same with dh.

Fiona - when i first expressed I didn't get more than 30mls which made me wonder if that was all Evie was getting at a time, it definately stresses you out. I really hated expressing bcs it took ages to get that amount. I wasn't consistant with it though & gave up on it eventually bcs it seemed to give E an upset tummy for some reason despite storing it as per instructions. No one had told me about fenugreek and I wasn't taking bfing vitamins so it's a wonder that I ended up with heaps of milk after all that but eventually I could manually express it no prob and got enough for top ups if I needed it, most of the time I expressed it off to relieve my boobs when E started sleeping thru. It sounds like you are doing everything you can, you will eventually get a good milk flow and also bub seems to be content, I'd say he has gained quite a bit of weight by his check up, hopefully it will relax you once you know he is gaining properly.

Millie - counting down the days? gosh it's getting close!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Fiona - are you on motilium?? I had milk supply issues with DS1, tried fenugreek, expressing till I turned blue blah blah, and the only thing that made a huge difference for me was motilium. You're not supposed to take it for long and doc's are reluctant to prescribe it but I know people that took it for up to a year with really good BF'ing

HI everyone, I still read but not much time nowadays for anything....

Thanks
    Reviews
    FYI: The bewers yeast is really good for milk supply. I never did the cookies as i didnt want all the sugar and calories. Instead i had oats every morning for breakfast with a tsp of both flaxmeal and brewers yeast and then added tinned peaches in mango puree to try and lessen the flavour of the yeast (it is bloody foul stuff). This had a bigger impact for me than Fenugreek ever did.