Closed Thread
Page 109 of 112 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1111
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Alittle I'm sure you Mum & FIL will give Skippy lots of love up in heaven.

Fiona it is all so ooverwhelming the first few months, I felt like I was living in a bubble.

JFB noooo E is growing way too quick How is H enjoying his little sis?

sonja sounds like a lovely way to spend a couple of days.......jealous

Amum I hope you get lots of snow & have a great trip.

Kel just when you think you have H sorted.......b****y teeth.

Millie Im so excited for you. Do you have a txt buddy? If not I'm more than happy to do the honors for you.

Not much going on here, Ash has been really sick with a cold & conjunctivitis, thankfully he seems to be over it......THANKGOD! He really doesn't cope with being sick, he just turns feral.
    He is so much fun ATM (when not sick) I love hanging out with him & like his Mum he is a bit of a chatterbox. My Sister looked after him the other day & she was like ' does he ever shut up'

Hi to all you beautiful girls.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to lochnessie For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry, I'm on phone, so short and sweet.

Alittle - sorry about your fur baby. It must be so hard. Xxxx sounds like a tough month.

Jfb - yay!! Rolling. Being on the fun times!

Sonja - glad you had a good holiday.

Amum - have a great snow trip.

Hi to everyone.

Archie has started crawling and getting into everything. He also has finally cracked a tooth. Really, he has coped pretty well with all the radical changes happening in his world. He took off for Spencer's room the other day. Was pretty funny. I think I'm going to have my hands full.
    Looks like we are off up Croatia in September / October to see DH's parents.
    I also had a meeting with my boss, and am booked in to go back to work on Fridays, in late January. I was really excited.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Millie - not long now, that time will fly by, have you got everything organised? if so just put your feet up and ride it out. It's not long until my niece has her bub either your'e due at similar times, how exciting! Can't wait to see pics of your little princess. Evie still has a nagging cough but otherwise all is well, except she's suppose to be asleep now and I can hear her babbling away and kicking the side of her cot, she's one little ball of energy atm.

Alittle - I had trouble getting on bh too over the weekend. So sorry to hear about Skippy , hard when it's unexpected but thankfully he has not suffered for long.

Amum - hope you are enjoying yourself on the slopes

Moon - yay Archie. I've been looking for part-time work but so hard to get something that suits, just got knocked back on one that would have been perfect 1 day a week, think I was over qualified as it was just an admin assistant job, I'm not really caring about the type of work just the hours and convenience at this stage.

Fiona - yes it's a bit overwhelming to begin with, everything is so new to you but it will all settle down soon. I tried to write down everything ie when baby woke, when baby slept etc to get an idea how things progressed particularly when I didn't think she was feeding properly, I wrote down how long she fed for each feed then if I got time I would express some milk to help build up my supply. My motto was if in doubt stick boob in mouth. If Indy seems happy and content he must be getting enough from you. I've just been reflecting how much life has changed writing this, I was never much of a planner with anything before becoming a mum, but with a baby that soon changed, couldn't get out of the house without a plan and still can't , not that everything goes according to said plan.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kismet For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Alittle so sorry to hear about Skippy. He looked like such a beautiful dog and it was obvious he was part of your family. I lost my beautiful Zen about 3 years ago and i was grief stricken. I am truly sorry for your loss.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB. Would love to meet you, dud or not lol. Feels like we all know each other already. We have such a great little community.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for all the lovely thoughts. Lot's of tears and swollen eyes, but life has to go on and of course AF arrived this morning, so it's game on again for me. Might be lots more tears due for me yet. anyway, Day 2 scan tomorrow and then we'll hopefully start next cycle from there. I am prepared to be a human pin cushion like never before. Starting with 2 jabs a day and woking my way up to 3 a day on day 3, 4 on day 7 and 5 wonderful jabs by day 8 . God i hope this works.

JFB, just noticed your note re Melbourne escape in Jan (thanks to BKs comment) and would love to meet you too if we can make it work! and enough with the "dud" comments... there's no duds on this thread.... Just a bunch of wonderful, caring friends.

Kismet, frustrating when you get knocked back for being overqualified. Especially when yourreally don't want the pressure or stress that comes with your usual work and just want the convenience factor. They are hard to find. Hope something works out for you.

MG, nice to get back to work one day a week. Very lucky to have that flexibility with work.

Nessie, love the the chatterbox comment re you and Ash. Have a lovely little visual of the two of you having great little chat sessions together. Hope he stays that way.

Fiona, so lovely to hear how much you're enjoying your little man and that you have some routine happening. It does take a while to get milk supply working well for some of us. The thing that helped me to my surprise was my Doula/midwife telling me to have a couple of days if just snoozing with bubs in bed and letting her feed whenever she wanted. I was a bit skeptical, but it worked for me. The milk started to flow much more heavily after that.

Amum, hope you have a blast in the snow!!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Alittleray For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (25-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm in Melbourne too .... Happy to catch up!!

Thanks Kismet, thanks Alittle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    oh cool we could have a big meet up in january!!
    fiona: do u have PCOS i think i recall? some women struggle with milk supply with pcos, my friend did and had to go on FF after about 3 weeks as she just couldnt make enuf no matter what she did or tried...the first few weeks are SO hard....nothing can prepare u..especially the boob pain (physically / struggles etc) + the hormones u still have etc....i look back now and think wtf how did i get thru that..u will tho.

nessie: glad is A is feeling better..does he get man cold LOL!!!

alittle: hugs for the furbaby.

go archie...he is growing up so fast...will be walking soon.

milli, congrats on your c sect date!!

E slept well 6 hrs first stint..guess who woke me instead....H naugty boy he is still asleep now...of course Dh on nightshift....gotta pack bags to stay at my dads tonite..i think it will take me 3 hr to to get out of the house....

12. The Following User Says Thank You to jfblady72 For This Useful Post:

fionaalice  (26-07-2012)

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - that's odd, I haven't heard that myself, I didn't have a prob with milk supply & have pcos, my issue was with attachment but once that got sorted could have fed 2 kids really, boobs were like taps with faulty washers, sprung leaks all the time

Evie had 2year checkup with baby health clinic today, the nurse reckons she's delayed with her speech & referring her to speech pathologist, I was like what the? gp and daycare say she's fine. She's repeating lots of words lately, not always clearly but alot are and strings 2 words together but not much more than that. I know other kids talk more than she does at her age but I wasn't worried because I've noticed she has begun to pick up more words all of a sudden. I haven't liked this particular nurse before and Evie wasn't fussed with her today either. Had a chuckle to myself because just finished telling nurse E's behaviour is pretty good most of the time, most tanty's aren't that dramatic when she started to misbehave & the nurse went to grab Evie (she was telling me how I should discipline my own child) & E chucked a mental and ran out of the room. I don't think I'll go back there, the woman was a horrorhead but now starting to wonder if I should follow up with the speech therapist.

Thanks
    Reviews
    JFB - hmmm interesting, a possibility I guess!
    still struggling along with only a bit of milk, however baby Indy is happy alert beautiful and growing, so between boobs, expressing & formula he's getting what he needs. Still hoping supply will improve ... We'll see.

Kismet horror head sound truly horrid. I'd go to speech therapist just to ease my mind!